Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1768-hr-related-jobs-how-much-you-earning.html)

Unregistered 21-01-2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78337)
If money is your key concern, I would suggest you not waste time doing a back office job in MNC. The moment you move to non-sales, it will be just like any other support job in HR with typical bonus of 1-2 months every year.

You are already drawing 15k a month, even with a 20% increase in basic is only 84k, that's like 45% paycut. It will take you at least another 5 years increment to get back where you are even if you are a super high flyer getting 12-15% increase consecutively.

Join back office only because you want a change in culture, no sales target, work life balance and getting a cushy "director" retirement job in the future. Must be prepared to significantly reduce lifestyle also.

My 2c.

Hi there,

I agree with what you're saying. However i was referring to 20% increase from my base of 7k and not 15k. I am prepared to make sacrifices however i'm wondering if 20% increase on base is reasonable?

Unregistered 21-01-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78459)
Hi there,

I agree with what you're saying. However i was referring to 20% increase from my base of 7k and not 15k. I am prepared to make sacrifices however i'm wondering if 20% increase on base is reasonable?

Wow, why you want to take such drastic pay cut from 15k to 8k+? MNC inhouse recruiter has no direct sales target, but it is still more or less the same job and you still need to meet internal staffing targets.

To me its really pointless to take a 6k pay cut to do the same work. If you want better work life balance just cut down on the volume of prospecting and you should still be able to easily maintain ~12k income.

Unregistered 21-01-2016 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78321)
Hi there,

Thought i'll seek some advice from you guys. I've had about 5-6 years of recruitment agency experience and one of my clients have asked for me to work for them. They are a large American MNC and work across various sectors.

My current base is 7k + Own commission + Team Over rides + Bonus (1-3k)/Quarter

On average i can easily make 15k per month on good months. I do understand when i move into Talent Acquisition the commission component will not be there. Is 20% increase of base salary over 12 months reasonable?

Thoughts?

The question is not how much you made on Good months but what you make on Average (just like property agents) Once you answer that honestly to yourself, then you'll know whether asking for 20% over your 7k base is fair. Don't forget the MNC is paying bonuses too. The hiring HR is not silly, as you should already know since you're in this field.

Unregistered 21-01-2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78501)
The question is not how much you made on Good months but what you make on Average (just like property agents) Once you answer that honestly to yourself, then you'll know whether asking for 20% over your 7k base is fair. Don't forget the MNC is paying bonuses too. The hiring HR is not silly, as you should already know since you're in this field.

most mnc bonus for support dept like hr very little one lar. 1-2 mths at most.

Unregistered 26-01-2016 08:56 AM

Siemens - Human Resources Intern (Performance & Reporting)
://.indeed.com.sg/rc/clk?jk=e5db2122e2c06517

Novartis - HR Intern
://.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/99678344

Bosch - Intern, Business Partner (Human Resource)
s://.*************/jobs/detail/18613

Unregistered 27-01-2016 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78779)
Bosch - Intern, Business Partner (Human Resource)
s://.*************/jobs/detail/18613

simi sai is this? hr intern also call business partner? partner with the pantry lady or toilet cleaner?

Unregistered 01-02-2016 09:10 PM

WWF - Human Resource & Admin Executive
://.wwf.sg/wwf_singapore/careers/?260431/hr-admin-executive

Unregistered 01-02-2016 09:25 PM

Scoot - Assistant Manager, HR (Compensation and Benefit)
://.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/111940811

Scoot - Assistant Manager, HR (Business Partner)
://.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/111940805

Unregistered 01-02-2016 11:38 PM

For a freshie with good grades just graduating from one of the local 3 unis in HR, would you guys say that a MA HR role in local GLCs (got an offer) would be better as compared to trying for a direct hires in one of the global MNCs? Seeing as to how most MNCs recruitment cycles for HR MAP are over, this route is a bit out of reach.

Any opinions?

Cheers,
Mary

Unregistered 01-02-2016 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79124)
For a freshie with good grades just graduating from one of the local 3 unis in HR, would you guys say that a MA HR role in local GLCs (got an offer) would be better as compared to trying for a direct hires in one of the global MNCs? Seeing as to how most MNCs recruitment cycles for HR MAP are over, this route is a bit out of reach.

Any opinions?

Cheers,
Mary

Haha GLC MAP, somemore for a department like HR... I wouldn't put too much stock in them honestly. I can count with 1 hand the number of GLCs that have at least a semi decent management program. The rest are mainly just fresh grad hires repackaged as management programs to sucker in those who don't know better.