Career as Teacher - Page 93 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #921 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2017, 12:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Could u share the reasons u were promoted so quickly? Were u appointed in any leadership role?
Took on SH role in 2015. Was acting SH in 2014.

Reply With Quote
  #922 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2017, 10:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
2010 - GEO1.1
2011 - GEO1A1
2012 - GEO1A2
2014 - GEO1A3 (current GEO5)
Been getting B for the past 4 years.
But I’ve just quitted the service.
Why did you quit?

Reply With Quote
  #923 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2017, 08:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
2010 - GEO1.1
2011 - GEO1A1
2012 - GEO1A2
2014 - GEO1A3 (current GEO5)
Been getting B for the past 4 years.
But I’ve just quitted the service.
I think this is the first time I am hearing about a first career non-scholar teacher getting promoted from Geo3 to 4 in 1 year. Thumbs up!!

Will you be able to share with us about the projects & committees you were involved in?

Reply With Quote
  #924 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2017, 11:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Not possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think this is the first time I am hearing about a first career non-scholar teacher getting promoted from Geo3 to 4 in 1 year. Thumbs up!!

Will you be able to share with us about the projects & committees you were involved in?
Not possible for such progression.

Even male scholar As every year not possible.

Furthermore SH is a 1A2 responsibility.

Acting SH doesn't impact promotion as it is not recongnised by HR.
Reply With Quote
  #925 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2017, 02:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not possible for such progression.

Even male scholar As every year not possible.

Furthermore SH is a 1A2 responsibility.

Acting SH doesn't impact promotion as it is not recongnised by HR.
Totally agree. Impossible to reach 1A3 so fast. The people that reached 1A3 or GEO5 all have white hair and balding liao.
Reply With Quote
  #926 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2017, 02:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Geo5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Totally agree. Impossible to reach 1A3 so fast. The people that reached 1A3 or GEO5 all have white hair and balding liao.
Not necessary that long..but fastest I've seen is about 5,6 years. 1 year to move to geo 3 and 2 years to geo 4 and another 2 years to geo 5.

But what the poster claimed is simply not possible.
Reply With Quote

  #927 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2017, 11:04 PM
Another guy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I took 5 years (was appointed SH at GEO1A1), pretty much the same pace you'd described. Got C in my initial 1.5 years, though. Think it's not that much of a stretch for someone to have gone one year faster if getting B all the way. Whether the poster actually did so is another story, but I don't think it's impossible…

(Acting SH role, while not recognised by central HR, would have been sufficient cause for the ranking panel to push up his CEP.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not necessary that long..but fastest I've seen is about 5,6 years. 1 year to move to geo 3 and 2 years to geo 4 and another 2 years to geo 5.

But what the poster claimed is simply not possible.
Reply With Quote
  #928 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2017, 11:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another guy View Post
I took 5 years (was appointed SH at GEO1A1), pretty much the same pace you'd described. Got C in my initial 1.5 years, though. Think it's not that much of a stretch for someone to have gone one year faster if getting B all the way. Whether the poster actually did so is another story, but I don't think it's impossible…

(Acting SH role, while not recognised by central HR, would have been sufficient cause for the ranking panel to push up his CEP.)
I know of a guy who was made vp before age 30. But then his p was jailed for corruption.
Reply With Quote
  #929 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2017, 10:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Teaching is my first career.
Not a scholar.
May I check what is the reason for resigning and what job are you doing now?
Reply With Quote
  #930 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2017, 03:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi All,

Would like to seek for advice.

Is there a difference in pay between Primary school and secondary school educator?

Approx how much does a NIE trainee teacher draw for Pri and Sec?

TIA.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,258 Replies, 6,391,432 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,648 Replies, 1,495,376 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,975 Replies, 2,097,293 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,692 Replies, 4,859,642 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,751 Replies, 1,355,848 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,203 Replies, 3,330,010 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,266 Replies, 741,402 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
314 Replies, 309,684 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
702 Replies, 387,165 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
460 Replies, 258,169 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,071 Replies, 2,246,043 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,297 Replies, 985,395 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
108 Replies, 73,284 Views
Visa Internship
3 Replies, 4,290 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 711,893 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,258 Replies, 12,296,731 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 484,310 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
635 Replies, 321,873 Views
Company deduct air ticket from...
0 Replies, 172 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
415 Replies, 156,466 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,759 Replies, 1,013,474 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,885 Replies, 10,194,798 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,756 Replies, 1,475,208 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,027 Replies, 425,264 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,197 Replies, 445,887 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,396 Replies, 1,342,917 Views
A*Star (Agency for Science,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 97,608 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,077 Replies, 3,677,753 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,781 Replies, 4,579,979 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
298 Replies, 355,218 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2