Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Career as Teacher

Old 02-04-2023, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I couldn’t agree more. Currently a KP and at a point of my career, I am satisfied being a HOT until I literally met a BT who is a total bitch and assign with me as a co-form, this is done as the school hopes that I will mentor her. At that point of time, I have declined SH and AYH role as I want to focus on my family. Well this bitch literally step on my toes everywhere, especially with her insensitive speeches and backstabbing actions, the school is very interested to groom her and she is not even a scholar, her words are basically louder than her actions. In my 8 years of service, I have never met such a bitch like her, such of her insensitive ways was complained to her RO about her department colleague who is doing a project with her and did not even bother to thrash it out with her colleagues. With me, was doing a collaboration with an external organisation, after one of the zoom meeting, she stayed back to ask the external organisation how she can improve the project when me and other teachers have left. She did not know that the in charege of the extrernal organisation is my personal friend and more damning is how she belittle me and other teachers behind our back in front of the external organisation. Abosolutely disgusting.Was offered SH role and took it, become HOD within 2 years as the previous HOD transfer to HQ. She is still a bitch today, school is still trying to groom her but I made a promise to myself to keep her in check and from time to time remind her RO don’t believe in everything she say. Can’t believe I took up leadership role due to her but motivation really appear in all sorts of manner.
Guarantee this is the kind of young teacher who thinks that they are very capable and that older teachers have nothing to contribute. The younger generation entitlement mentality is just too much. They think they deserve so many things even without having done or proven anything.

Old 02-04-2023, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

1) just because u see little value in your colleague, doesn’t mean he/she has no value to the education system. Perhaps your own ROs, the SLs saw the potential in her and decided to groom her. Who are you to put her down?

2) u became KP just because of your hatred towards her? I’d like you to repeat this to your RO.

Wish you all the best as you continue your career in education. Wanna see how long you last as KP when it’s based on your like/dislike toward one person.

Quote:
I couldn’t agree more. Currently a KP and at a point of my career, I am satisfied being a HOT until I literally met a BT who is a total bitch and assign with me as a co-form, this is done as the school hopes that I will mentor her. At that point of time, I have declined SH and AYH role as I want to focus on my family. Well this bitch literally step on my toes everywhere, especially with her insensitive speeches and backstabbing actions, the school is very interested to groom her and she is not even a scholar, her words are basically louder than her actions. In my 8 years of service, I have never met such a bitch like her, such of her insensitive ways was complained to her RO about her department colleague who is doing a project with her and did not even bother to thrash it out with her colleagues. With me, was doing a collaboration with an external organisation, after one of the zoom meeting, she stayed back to ask the external organisation how she can improve the project when me and other teachers have left. She did not know that the in charege of the extrernal organisation is my personal friend and more damning is how she belittle me and other teachers behind our back in front of the external organisation. Abosolutely disgusting.Was offered SH role and took it, become HOD within 2 years as the previous HOD transfer to HQ. She is still a bitch today, school is still trying to groom her but I made a promise to myself to keep her in check and from time to time remind her RO don’t believe in everything she say. Can’t believe I took up leadership role due to her but motivation really appear in all sorts of manner.

Old 02-04-2023, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Teachers are very busy, should treasure the weekends resting, spending time with loved ones, rather than posting here

Old 02-04-2023, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
u mean u joined teaching expecting to be paid well??? the private sector makes profits. of course the pay can be much higher
The GEO timescales are generally derisory. The only attractive part is the top of each range. Everything else is a joke, including merit increment quanta, PB quanta (a 1.4 month PB in a stat board, for example, likely means that your performance is borderline rubbish), and advancement rate.

SEO grades are more aligned to the larger public service, but even those are being nerfed bit by bit.
Old 02-04-2023, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yeah sia. This is damn BS. Even the SAF does it better. Bn CO is given command as a MAJ, then as long as he/she meets the performance expectation, will get LTC by the following work year. Like clockwork. No uncertainty, no 3-5 year wait time. Of course, there are the hentak kaki servicemen, but they won't be asked to hold key command appointments if they have no promotion prospects.
don't the Bn CO need to climb from MAJ1 to MAJ2 first?
Old 02-04-2023, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Teachers are very busy, should treasure the weekends resting, spending time with loved ones, rather than posting here
Thank u for the reminder . Now shoo

Old 02-04-2023, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
1) just because u see little value in your colleague, doesn’t mean he/she has no value to the education system. Perhaps your own ROs, the SLs saw the potential in her and decided to groom her. Who are you to put her down?

2) u became KP just because of your hatred towards her? I’d like you to repeat this to your RO.

Wish you all the best as you continue your career in education. Wanna see how long you last as KP when it’s based on your like/dislike toward one person.
I have seen other younger EOs who are much more capable and yet have a better attitude(before I became a KP, I was often assigned as CTs or mentors to younger teachers )as compared to her and I am not alone in my sentiments towards her.

Becoming a kp for me is a matter of my choice and capability and I did it partly to ensure the other KPs and SLs are aware of what she is capable and incapable of.

I have and always worked well with my colleagues, be it my fellow KPs or my reportees. For context, she is the only one that thoroughly disgusted me with her actions.
Old 02-04-2023, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

The part about becoming a KP because of your dislike of the colleague, u dare to tell your RO?

Quote:
I have seen other younger EOs who are much more capable and yet have a better attitude(before I became a KP, I was often assigned as CTs or mentors to younger teachers )as compared to her and I am not alone in my sentiments towards her.

Becoming a kp for me is a matter of my choice and capability and I did it partly to ensure the other KPs and SLs are aware of what she is capable and incapable of.

I have and always worked well with my colleagues, be it my fellow KPs or my reportees. For context, she is the only one that thoroughly disgusted me with her actions.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 02-04-2023, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
The part about becoming a KP because of your dislike of the colleague, u dare to tell your RO?
Why does it matter whether she tells her RO or not? We have different motivations of achieving something ... just like how some students do well because they want to prove their teachers wrong for not believing in them. Might involve dislike to a certain level. Motivation doesn't always have to stem from something positive all the time. And those not-so-positive ones, I believe she has the right not to tell her superiors.
Old 02-04-2023, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Lol you good. Come to a thread about teaching career to SJW. We don't need your SJW bullcrap here. Teachers tend to be good at heart, but it doesn't mean all teachers are saintly, innocent and fully altruistic. Why can't part of their motivation to do well at work be extrinsic and from a negative source? So what if it is, and does it matter if this KP does their job well, including genuinely managing people well?