Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 01-04-2017 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96129)
So based on pac gov, what's the Minimum point and Maximum point of your salary scale, and what's your range code?

Seems very unlikely this is true since GEO2 untrained maximum point is 4340.

I think my relevant experience and NS experience caused it to go out of range.
Just wish to highlight that the range is just a guide. But what the HR told me before I sign the papers to attend NIE is that I will still receive annual increment but no adjustment if there is one for the rank and I will be pushed up to next rank asap so that I can catch up with fellow peers of my age who are already earning 7-8k in my previous ministry provided my performance and conduct is acceptable.

Unregistered 02-04-2017 03:01 PM

Hi, when will the merit increment kick in for teachers?

lolipop89 03-04-2017 10:47 AM

increment
 
I am a diploma holder teaching art for the past 6 years. Was on GEO 1 for the past 6 years and recently jus got promoted. Super disappointed. From GEO 1 to GEO 2 there is only an increment of $277 which include promotion increment and yearly increment. why so little? or that is only the promotion increment. is the yearly increment out?

Unregistered 03-04-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolipop89 (Post 96304)
I am a diploma holder teaching art for the past 6 years. Was on GEO 1 for the past 6 years and recently jus got promoted. Super disappointed. From GEO 1 to GEO 2 there is only an increment of $277 which include promotion increment and yearly increment. why so little? or that is only the promotion increment. is the yearly increment out?

How much were you expecting? GEO1 to GEO2 is just a standard "promotion" everyone get after serving long enough. Did your job upsize significantly from GEO1 to GEO2? If not, why should MOE be paying you a huge increase just to recognize your years of service?

Unregistered 03-04-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96305)
How much were you expecting? GEO1 to GEO2 is just a standard "promotion" everyone get after serving long enough. Did your job upsize significantly from GEO1 to GEO2? If not, why should MOE be paying you a huge increase just to recognize your years of service?

i am just asking. ... i just checked my pac gov...the gross salary now is included of the yearly increment already? or its just the promotion increment.

Unregistered 03-04-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96305)
How much were you expecting? GEO1 to GEO2 is just a standard "promotion" everyone get after serving long enough. Did your job upsize significantly from GEO1 to GEO2? If not, why should MOE be paying you a huge increase just to recognize your years of service?

Thats the prob with many civil servants these days, sense of entitlement and want best of both world. Pte sector already no bonus, pay freeze and retrenchment, some of my friends in public sector still got the cheek to complain abt increment & bonus not high enough.

Unregistered 03-04-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96307)
i am just asking. ... i just checked my pac gov...the gross salary now is included of the yearly increment already? or its just the promotion increment.

Check again when April's payslip is out... It will tell you what the increment includes (whether its promotion, merit or both + whether it is prorated).

Unregistered 03-04-2017 09:55 PM

What is the usual increment (merit + promotion) if one promotes from geo 3 to geo 4? 10% or more?

Also, what is the norm for a female to promote from geo 3 to geo 4?

Is this progression normal or slow?

Mid 2012 - enter service (geo 1.1)
2014 - geo 1A1
2016 - geo 3
2017 - geo 4

Unregistered 03-04-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96337)
What is the usual increment (merit + promotion) if one promotes from geo 3 to geo 4? 10% or more?

Also, what is the norm for a female to promote from geo 3 to geo 4?

Is this progression normal or slow?

Mid 2012 - enter service (geo 1.1)
2014 - geo 1A1
2016 - geo 3
2017 - geo 4

Standard. All the GEO grades are essentially the same job, MOE keep cutting into more and more finer grades to satisfy the younger generation who want a promotion every year or two.

Unregistered 03-04-2017 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96341)
Standard. All the GEO grades are essentially the same job, MOE keep cutting into more and more finer grades to satisfy the younger generation who want a promotion every year or two.

How is jumping 1 grade a year standard? Please don't mislead others.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2