Career as Teacher - Page 628 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #6271 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2022, 02:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can share how you "fought it up" to your P? I am also average performer and got my GEO 4 after 6 years but coming to 7 years of GEO 4 but still no inkling when I will be promoted to GEO 5. Never had adverse grades or warnings also - in fact always told I am doing well during work review but somehow just stagnant. I also changed to a new school last year..
TypoÖ.I didnít fight. Lol I just told the PÖthere is a window period in which you can appeal for promotion when promotion list is out. Unfortunately I missed the deadline to appeal thatís why got it following year. But I have to say I was fortunate to get my geo5 in 2015Ö.reading the forum here I realised post 2015 all the promotions have been slowed down/scaled back.

Reply With Quote
  #6272 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2022, 04:47 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Posts: 4
randymarshh is on a distinguished road
Default Performance Grade C-

Hello everyone, new to the forum, currently an acting HOD, first time having a JH. Ranking just concluded, my JH is a GEO5 and was given a C-.

Tried to speak up for my JH, he didnít do anything wrong, just did what he was assigned but was faulted on not having the impact of a GEO5.

How should I break the news to my JH? He has been in the service for almost 20 years, and I am like 10 plus years junior to him. I donít know how he will react and I am genuinely concerned how this will turn out.

Hope to hear some advice here, thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote
  #6273 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2022, 04:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
TypoÖ.I didnít fight. Lol I just told the PÖthere is a window period in which you can appeal for promotion when promotion list is out. Unfortunately I missed the deadline to appeal thatís why got it following year. But I have to say I was fortunate to get my geo5 in 2015Ö.reading the forum here I realised post 2015 all the promotions have been slowed down/scaled back.
When you told the P, how did you put it across that you deserve the promotion? Won't your P just say oh it's just not your turn yet?

Reply With Quote
  #6274 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2022, 11:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When you told the P, how did you put it across that you deserve the promotion? Won't your P just say oh it's just not your turn yet?
It was my third sch and I was still 3. So I told P that I didnít want her or others to think negatively or bad impression cos I was still 3 yet never had anything worse than a C. More to clear the air. P then told me about the appeal period.
Reply With Quote
  #6275 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2022, 11:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randymarshh View Post
Hello everyone, new to the forum, currently an acting HOD, first time having a JH. Ranking just concluded, my JH is a GEO5 and was given a C-.

Tried to speak up for my JH, he didnít do anything wrong, just did what he was assigned but was faulted on not having the impact of a GEO5.

How should I break the news to my JH? He has been in the service for almost 20 years, and I am like 10 plus years junior to him. I donít know how he will react and I am genuinely concerned how this will turn out.

Hope to hear some advice here, thanks in advance!
Did you preempt him in June that he needs to buck up?
Reply With Quote
  #6276 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2022, 12:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by randymarshh View Post
Hello everyone, new to the forum, currently an acting HOD, first time having a JH. Ranking just concluded, my JH is a GEO5 and was given a C-.

Tried to speak up for my JH, he didnít do anything wrong, just did what he was assigned but was faulted on not having the impact of a GEO5.

How should I break the news to my JH? He has been in the service for almost 20 years, and I am like 10 plus years junior to him. I donít know how he will react and I am genuinely concerned how this will turn out.

Hope to hear some advice here, thanks in advance!
Need break news meh. My RO dont say shiet to me
Reply With Quote

  #6277 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2022, 12:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It was my third sch and I was still 3. So I told P that I didnít want her or others to think negatively or bad impression cos I was still 3 yet never had anything worse than a C. More to clear the air. P then told me about the appeal period.
Well played....
Reply With Quote
  #6278 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2022, 02:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randymarshh View Post
Hello everyone, new to the forum, currently an acting HOD, first time having a JH. Ranking just concluded, my JH is a GEO5 and was given a C-.

Tried to speak up for my JH, he didnít do anything wrong, just did what he was assigned but was faulted on not having the impact of a GEO5.

How should I break the news to my JH? He has been in the service for almost 20 years, and I am like 10 plus years junior to him. I donít know how he will react and I am genuinely concerned how this will turn out.

Hope to hear some advice here, thanks in advance!
Just tell him the truth using the sh*t sandwich strategy:

1. Highlight the strengths in his current areas of work - e.g., dependable, able to do what he was assigned independently, etc

2. Share the key factors that were considered in the ranking appraisal process and where he stood relative to others of his substantive grade. Tell him his grade. Highlight the areas which he needs to do more/showcase more so that he has a chance of an improved grade next year.

3. Seek his views/validate his feelings of the news. Ask what else you could support him further as his RO in his work.
Reply With Quote
  #6279 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2022, 07:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just tell him the truth using the sh*t sandwich strategy:

1. Highlight the strengths in his current areas of work - e.g., dependable, able to do what he was assigned independently, etc

2. Share the key factors that were considered in the ranking appraisal process and where he stood relative to others of his substantive grade. Tell him his grade. Highlight the areas which he needs to do more/showcase more so that he has a chance of an improved grade next year.

3. Seek his views/validate his feelings of the news. Ask what else you could support him further as his RO in his work.
How early do u all share the perf grade with ur JHs?
Reply With Quote
  #6280 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2022, 07:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How early do u all share the perf grade with ur JHs?
I would hint strongly during year end review, and highlight again near April. Don't see any point doing it earlier since nothing much can be done this year already. But the JH might be keen to get out of the situation next year.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,162 Replies, 9,298,775 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
867 Replies, 409,805 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,449 Replies, 1,302,046 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,870 Replies, 2,707,333 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,130 Replies, 1,667,469 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
368 Replies, 647,629 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,455 Replies, 1,090,144 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,636 Replies, 4,193,101 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
271 Replies, 307,375 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,367 Replies, 5,661,034 Views
CAD (Commercial Affairs Department) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
224 Replies, 227,349 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,124 Replies, 2,888,746 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,506 Replies, 4,176,047 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,865 Replies, 11,549,863 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
474 Replies, 271,533 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,102 Replies, 553,685 Views
Calculate Net Worth and Benchmark... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 19,188 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,849 Replies, 4,165,164 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
72 Replies, 150,357 Views
NTU (non-faculty) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
141 Replies, 190,512 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,571 Replies, 1,928,905 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
402 Replies, 192,939 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,698 Replies, 3,341,687 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,276 Replies, 986,966 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
389 Replies, 419,540 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
491 Replies, 226,914 Views
how to earn money at this age? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 72,478 Views
td securities technology graduate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 8,597 Views
Talent Management vs Marketing,...
5 Replies, 3,839 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
130 Replies, 38,611 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2