Career as Teacher - Page 602 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #6011 (permalink)  
Old 17-09-2022, 10:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Haha so how would they be treating you if you're performing well?
by coming over to your desk... praise your work ability... then proceed to allocate more work to you so that you can showcase how full of potential and capability you can be...

wait is that a good or bad thing???

Reply With Quote
  #6012 (permalink)  
Old 17-09-2022, 11:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Went to clinic ytd. Got put on anti-depressants. Should I inform RO?
Agree with previous reply that yes, inform P and RO so they are aware to manage workload and not give unnecessary stress. I have been living with depression for a few years while still teaching full time. I'd say it helps to keep the necessary people informed, your close friends at work or the immediate colleagues you work with so that everyone can help to look out for you especially if they notice signs and symptoms that you are less functioning on low days. Depression is a big fat liar that can distort our self-image and make us believe we are lousy. Truth is, the more we keep it hidden, the more it the depression lies stay on and get "louder".

Yes there is the fear of being labelled with "XXX is depressed that's why cannot do this/that", "XXX cannot finish work cos of depression". My therapist has guided me to recognise the negative thoughts that come, and apply strategies to reframe it. Currently am on the way to reduce dosage and reduce talk therapy. I hope you are getting the support you need from all around you.

Would like to say these to you:

You are not alone.
You are not your mental health condition.
You are learning to live with depression. You are living with it. You are NOT it.

Just as how we'd say "XXX is suffering from/diagnosed w cancer", we don't say it as "XXX is cancer-ed"

Took me years to be able to observe my thoughts, recognise and reframe them as well as to sit with the feelings that come. Remember to put in place your comfort and safe space for yourself on not so good days, and affirm yourself on better days. Jiayou!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote
  #6013 (permalink)  
Old 17-09-2022, 11:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Agree with previous reply that yes, inform P and RO so they are aware to manage workload and not give unnecessary stress. I have been living with depression for a few years while still teaching full time. I'd say it helps to keep the necessary people informed, your close friends at work or the immediate colleagues you work with so that everyone can help to look out for you especially if they notice signs and symptoms that you are less functioning on low days. Depression is a big fat liar that can distort our self-image and make us believe we are lousy. Truth is, the more we keep it hidden, the more it the depression lies stay on and get "louder".

Yes there is the fear of being labelled with "XXX is depressed that's why cannot do this/that", "XXX cannot finish work cos of depression". My therapist has guided me to recognise the negative thoughts that come, and apply strategies to reframe it. Currently am on the way to reduce dosage and reduce talk therapy. I hope you are getting the support you need from all around you.

Would like to say these to you:

You are not alone.
You are not your mental health condition.
You are learning to live with depression. You are living with it. You are NOT it.

Just as how we'd say "XXX is suffering from/diagnosed w cancer", we don't say it as "XXX is cancer-ed"

Took me years to be able to observe my thoughts, recognise and reframe them as well as to sit with the feelings that come. Remember to put in place your comfort and safe space for yourself on not so good days, and affirm yourself on better days. Jiayou!!!!!!!
OH AND THE MOST important reminder to self:

You are totally replaceable at work. You are IRREPLACEABLE at home.
Health first! Ranking, career progression all these pales in comparison compared to your health that money cannot buy.

Plus, antidepressants don't come cheap either. Neither do the therapy sessions.
So remember, your health always come first!

Reply With Quote
  #6014 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2022, 12:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Will NPL affect CEP?

Hi guys, I知 considering taking NPL, any idea if it値l affect my CEP?
Reply With Quote
  #6015 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2022, 12:15 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Congratulations! Able to share which sector you ventured into? Were they able to match your current salary?

Thanks!
Editorial. I知 jumping ship due to 20% salary increment with new offer.
Reply With Quote
  #6016 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2022, 12:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys, I知 considering taking NPL, any idea if it値l affect my CEP?
Don稚 worry too much about cep. Can hit Geo 5 find sweet spot till retirement with minimal responsibilities is the best. Focus on building passive income is more valuable.
Reply With Quote

  #6017 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2022, 07:32 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don稚 worry too much about cep. Can hit Geo 5 find sweet spot till retirement with minimal responsibilities is the best. Focus on building passive income is more valuable.
Doesn't work nowadays. Takes a much longer time to hit Geo 5
Reply With Quote
  #6018 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2022, 08:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Any one has their sch scheduling camps from 21 Nov that is protected time?

Some tej clown did it in the school.
Reply With Quote
  #6019 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2022, 09:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Editorial. I知 jumping ship due to 20% salary increment with new offer.
which GEO scale are you currently at?

thank you so much for sharing!
Reply With Quote
  #6020 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2022, 09:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any one has their sch scheduling camps from 21 Nov that is protected time?

Some tej clown did it in the school.
If it痴 indeed during protected time, not obliged to attend right
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MOH Holdings ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
42 Replies, 17,544 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,652 Replies, 3,771,927 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,925 Replies, 1,572,979 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,697 Replies, 4,786,002 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,273 Replies, 2,959,895 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,797 Replies, 2,502,753 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,069 Replies, 3,587,543 Views
Credit Suisse salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 25,792 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
19,051 Replies, 8,349,788 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
159 Replies, 85,241 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,290 Replies, 1,121,856 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,276 Replies, 10,654,033 Views
merit increment in civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 155,854 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,381 Replies, 716,542 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
308 Replies, 203,241 Views
HSBC Bank ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 73,501 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,602 Replies, 1,298,169 Views
Singapore Airlines
2 Replies, 969 Views
Dso & htx
8 Replies, 1,306 Views
Tech business
4 Replies, 894 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,156 Replies, 844,168 Views
How much do you need to retire... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 20,387 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,732 Replies, 5,841,503 Views
IBM salaries ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,234 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,133 Replies, 866,376 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2