Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 07-05-2016 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84514)
seems attractive, but i'm sure there's a catch somewhere.

What's the salary increase from geo4 to geo5?

Unregistered 07-05-2016 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85166)
What's the salary increase from geo4 to geo5?

550 for C performer.

Unregistered 07-05-2016 11:55 PM

Does anyone know the increment for GEO 2 to GEO 3?

Unregistered 16-05-2016 08:08 AM

advice
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85179)
Does anyone know the increment for GEO 2 to GEO 3?

Try your best to get a degree. even though the non-graduate and graduate scheme has been emerged, the pay difference is still substantial. should seriously consider the part time degree courses offered by uniSim. a lot of teachers with diploma are doing just that. wish u all the best and may your passion reward u :)

Unregistered 16-05-2016 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85591)
Try your best to get a degree. even though the non-graduate and graduate scheme has been emerged, the pay difference is still substantial. should seriously consider the part time degree courses offered by uniSim. a lot of teachers with diploma are doing just that. wish u all the best and may your passion reward u :)

GEO 2 is the new starting salary scale for degree-holders.

Non-grads start at GEO 1.

Unregistered 19-05-2016 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85179)
Does anyone know the increment for GEO 2 to GEO 3?

based on hearsay, it's between 400 - 500, or even more, depending on performance grade. can anybody confirm this?

Unregistered 19-05-2016 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85784)
based on hearsay, it's between 400 - 500, or even more, depending on performance grade. can anybody confirm this?

It's around 500 +/-

Unregistered 19-05-2016 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85789)
It's around 500 +/-

That seems very generous.

When you get promoted, does the increment include both a merit increment as well as a promotion increment?

Unregistered 21-05-2016 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85791)
That seems very generous.

When you get promoted, does the increment include both a merit increment as well as a promotion increment?

Yes you will also get the normal merit increment in addition to the promotion increase, both will be paid together in the same month.

Unregistered 24-05-2016 02:10 AM

I am actually quite confused with the PGDE scheme. Does that mean selected candidates have to undergo 6 months of untrained contract teaching stinct and then another 16 months of training under NIE? Do u all have any idea whether the candidates will be paid during the 6 months of untrained teaching stinct?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2