Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 20-03-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81703)
MX also has its own retention quantum payout every few years. And it's easier to have good PB as MX.

Nil, except for specific schemes like home team agencies or Mindef, for eg. The rest, probably LSAs. Minimal.

Unregistered 20-03-2016 03:22 PM

Time duration for promo?
How long does it take from GEO 3 to GEO 4? on average?
How long does it take from GEO 4 to GEO 5? on average?

Unregistered 20-03-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81715)
Time duration for promo?
How long does it take from GEO 3 to GEO 4? on average?
How long does it take from GEO 4 to GEO 5? on average?

3 to 4 yrs
3 to 4 yrs

Discount of 1 yr for scholars

Gouremitch 22-03-2016 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21708)
a lot of modern teachers today not exactly the holiest saints around lor.
I once brought back a jc teacher i met at a club and she's those super chiong every week kind and worships angmo (SPG!). I also know of another lady who was the 3rd party in an engaged couple and they did all sorts of unwholesome stuff in the staff room toilet. all 3 of them are/were teachers. Dunno what happened after that or now.

But what i notice is that although their actions might be a bit unhealthy but what you notice is that they have the passion for their kids and that teacher 'fire' in them that they have when you talk to them.

ahahaha, this is epic. of course teachers are as likely as any other human to do that. They are human too.

Doing stuff in the staff room toilet though....

Unregistered 23-03-2016 06:52 AM

Hi, does anyone know when the notification for promotion will be sent to the schools/ given to the Teachers?

Unregistered 23-03-2016 08:44 AM

Given but official announcement to schools by 30th Mar, promotees should know by today/tmr (ie Ps will inform them prior)

Unregistered 23-03-2016 12:58 PM

Is teaching that good? Turnover rates very high and teachers in our system aren't the most open-Minded. (Meaning they are your colleagues, ROs,Ps ) because their world is ultra protected. I would like to have colleagues/friends otherwise.

Unregistered 24-03-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81975)
Is teaching that good? Turnover rates very high and teachers in our system aren't the most open-Minded. (Meaning they are your colleagues, ROs,Ps ) because their world is ultra protected. I would like to have colleagues/friends otherwise.

Teaching is sustainable if you stay true to why you joined the profession in the first place. Even if you do not promote to senior EO levels, life can be very happy as a ordinary teacher. What is important is not be overly concerned with meeting KPIs, but rather just do a good job day in day out for your lessons. Students' recognition is itself very rewarding.

Unregistered 25-03-2016 12:41 AM

anyone working as private tutor here?

Unregistered 25-03-2016 01:19 AM

I am nearing 50 can still go into teaching?...house to pay ...kids to grow....old to care for...and life in pte sector is really miserable for aged singaporeans...all these skills future is a joke...singaporeans with so stressed up education have to give up jobs for ft....