Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 11-06-2022 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221331)
Just curious whether mx officers need to bring work home?

That will depend on which ministries and stat board. Teachers are definitely not the only ones working at home. People always mistaken that govt jobs are slack by looking at those uncles and aunties on support scheme roles which are not true.

Unregistered 11-06-2022 07:58 AM

Dear teachers what is ur idea of a good teachers day gift? Im stunned by the number of gifts you guys receive and wonder which ones you all cherish the most

Unregistered 11-06-2022 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221337)
Dear teachers what is ur idea of a good teachers day gift? Im stunned by the number of gifts you guys receive and wonder which ones you all cherish the most

A word of thanks for stakeholders is good enough. Honoring our leave, peace and quiet during school holidays.

Unregistered 11-06-2022 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221340)
A word of thanks for stakeholders is good enough. Honoring our leave, peace and quiet during school holidays.

*from

Typo.

Just let our time be our time.

Unregistered 11-06-2022 10:22 AM

Quote:

I actually appreciate written notes/cards the most, if there's a sincere message being conveyed.

For bought gifts (I often wonder whether they're actually from students or parents 😂) - I guess personal preference would differ, but I personally prefer edible stuff (e.g. snacks). Other physical objects tend to accumulate…

Unregistered 11-06-2022 01:36 PM

Quote:

I do appreciate handwritten cards from kids with messages describing what I did that impacted their lives. Red pens is a yes too, provided that they are the quality kind, but teachers are generally quite particular about the type of red pens they use.

Edibles are nice too. But I know of teachers who will simply discard any homemade items. While they might not look the most palatable, it is sad hearing from educators how much they despise the effort put in by the kids, behind their back.

No no for me- keychains, photo frame, soft toy, pencil case, notebooks, ornaments etc. Markers are unnecessary too as we can draw them out from the office.

Unregistered 11-06-2022 06:41 PM

Quote:

Cards and red pens are enough :)

Unregistered 11-06-2022 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221317)
Is MX scheme really better than GEO? EOs seem to promote faster than MX, at least in the schools/MOE setting. Just speculating, but doesn't it seem that MX officers in schools face an even worse progression bottleneck compared to EOs?

Looking at the big picture, since MX officers are generalists, wouldn't it be easier for them to hop to other ministries anyway? They can choose not to be in MOE.

As for EOs, it's pretty much impossible since "the skills are most likely not transferable or recognised elsewhere".

Unregistered 12-06-2022 05:48 PM

Question on OPE

OPE is coming soon. Other than reading the school websites, what should I do to better prepare the interview? Do I have to write a CV or prepare anything else for the interview?

Unregistered 13-06-2022 02:01 AM

Hello

Is it true more and more teachers have left teaching?