Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 16-01-2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78124)
what is the annual increment for moe teacher like? isit same as pte sector like 8-9% every year????

You better not be a teacher if first thing you look at is increment or salary. Because your objective is different and you will lose interest very easily

Unregistered 16-01-2016 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78181)
You better not be a teacher if first thing you look at is increment or salary. Because your objective is different and you will lose interest very easily

don't you dare to say like that lah. I will rip you off. You are talking about losing interest? huh. You have zilch right. I WILL be a teacher and I have in my every right to check matters related to salary. FFS you are in a salary forum. You are a totally useless piece of wood. You are talking about interest? of all the people? How dare you even think of typing like this.

Unregistered 16-01-2016 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78194)
don't you dare to say like that lah. I will rip you off. You are talking about losing interest? huh. You have zilch right. I WILL be a teacher and I have in my every right to check matters related to salary. FFS you are in a salary forum. You are a totally useless piece of wood. You are talking about interest? of all the people? How dare you even think of typing like this.

the way your respond shows that you really should not be a teacher

Unregistered 16-01-2016 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78198)

And from your reply it shows that you are here to tell everyone they should not be a teacher. You want to be a teacher so badly that you are discouraging everyone from becoming one so that you have no competition when you apply.

Unregistered 17-01-2016 12:25 AM

well poster on top was just asking a simple question on salary increment. he wasnt even asking much, just weather can match pte sector 9% annual.

looks like a lot of teachers here got self esteem issue just attacking others and not answering the question.

Unregistered 17-01-2016 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78203)
And from your reply it shows that you are here to tell everyone they should not be a teacher. You want to be a teacher so badly that you are discouraging everyone from becoming one so that you have no competition when you apply.

Simple answer to your question is 'no', and i am a current MOE teacher fyi.

This is my 2nd reply.

The attitude in your posts shows that you lack the right qualities to be a teacher;
if you cannot figure out what they are, you will not stay long in the profession.

I am only responding so that you do not do harm to this profession in the future if MOE HR is blind enough to let you be a contract teacher first, which is the norm nowadays unless you are a scholar.

You may as well work in the private sector.

Unregistered 17-01-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78218)
Simple answer to your question is 'no', and i am a current MOE teacher fyi.

This is my 2nd reply.

The attitude in your posts shows that you lack the right qualities to be a teacher;
if you cannot figure out what they are, you will not stay long in the profession.

I am only responding so that you do not do harm to this profession in the future if MOE HR is blind enough to let you be a contract teacher first, which is the norm nowadays unless you are a scholar.

You may as well work in the private sector.

Your lies do not value add.

Unregistered 17-01-2016 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78198)

Common la. The quality of moe Teachers are bad. It's just a dumping ground for people who can't make it in the real world. Not sure why so many Singaporeans think teaching is such a noble job. They want to do it because they can't survive out there. If our moe Teachers were really good, we wouldn't have a billion dollar tuition industry.

Unregistered 17-01-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78224)
Your lies do not value add.

you will be hard-pressed to get a decent response by your assumptions and cynicism.

i have nothing to prove to you, so good luck.

i suspect you are double posting but i will not waste my time any further.

Unregistered 17-01-2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78225)
Common la. The quality of moe Teachers are bad. It's just a dumping ground for people who can't make it in the real world. Not sure why so many Singaporeans think teaching is such a noble job. They want to do it because they can't survive out there. If our moe Teachers were really good, we wouldn't have a billion dollar tuition industry.

Problem with anonymity is that anyone can make unjustified claims.

Do you know that Worker Party's Low Thia Khiang worked as a teacher?
How many can make it as an MP?

Another food for thought:
Do you have any idea who are part of this tuition industry?

One has to be 'noble' to be a teacher because there are many ungrateful individuals who benefited from our education system and yet do not know how to appreciate the system.