Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 09-04-2022 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213028)
It’s normal. You will stay at GEO5 unless you are given a KP position, apply to another sch or HQ, so that you can be considered for SEO1. Most teachers remain at GEO5 drawing a comfortable pay but without leadership responsibilities

Yes GEO5 with no ‘leadership’ responsibilities is good..too much planning for activities that poses little benefits for the intended receiver.. & to be fair, seo1 doesn’t command much more pay than a GEO5 HOT:)

Unregistered 09-04-2022 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213034)
Very simple.. if your CEP is higher than geo5, your school leaders and RO should actively be preparing you to take on higher appointment in the near future. If there is total radio silence about training you to take on SH/LH/AYH/ST roles, or preparing you for a HQ officer position, then you can safely assume that your CEP is not even at SEO1-equivalent. Especially at your age.

Thanks for explaining. Current doing a SH internal role in school in a quite high profile area. But so tired after just my 2nd year in this. Must be my age..hahahaa

Unregistered 09-04-2022 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213190)
Thanks for explaining. Current doing a SH internal role in school in a quite high profile area. But so tired after just my 2nd year in this. Must be my age..hahahaa

I see. Well, you didn't mention the SH role earlier. Assuming you were recently given the internal appointment, and you're doing fine (or better) in your role, the panel may have reviewed your CEP recently.

Unregistered 09-04-2022 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213188)
Yes GEO5 with no ‘leadership’ responsibilities is good..too much planning for activities that poses little benefits for the intended receiver.. & to be fair, seo1 doesn’t command much more pay than a GEO5 HOT:)

yes even though SEO1 has a higher absolute ceiling, your actual margin over your GEO5 colleagues will be small enough for many years, that you frequently question whether the absurd amount of extra work is worth that extra few hundred.

Most succumb to the allure of being a HOT before their salary actually climbs to a point that is substantially higher :)

Unregistered 09-04-2022 09:51 PM

Prdon, what is HOT

Unregistered 09-04-2022 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213223)
Prdon, what is HOT

Happy ordinary teacher..

Unregistered 09-04-2022 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213221)
yes even though SEO1 has a higher absolute ceiling, your actual margin over your GEO5 colleagues will be small enough for many years, that you frequently question whether the absurd amount of extra work is worth that extra few hundred.

Most succumb to the allure of being a HOT before their salary actually climbs to a point that is substantially higher :)

I have concluded that the extra work, hours is not worth the effort. The few extra hundred that one only gets after some many years in the job makes it worse. I personally think it is better that one secures your sanity by being a HOT than to be a KP and burn out very quickly. Not so much of an attractive proposition but more of a realistic peek into the next ten years in service in this current climate.

Unregistered 09-04-2022 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213231)
I have concluded that the extra work, hours is not worth the effort. The few extra hundred that one only gets after some many years in the job makes it worse. I personally think it is better that one secures your sanity by being a HOT than to be a KP and burn out very quickly. Not so much of an attractive proposition but more of a realistic peek into the next ten years in service in this current climate.

Especially so when you are not appreciated.
Some SLs have high expectations on KPs while lenient to HOTs.
They never considered that their young KPs could be fetching far lower pay than HOTs.

zxycyzbsyvyv 10-04-2022 10:35 AM

Diploma Holder’s progression

Fellow Diploma Educator (no degree yet) here with doubts.

Appointed as GEO 1: June 2016
Confirmed as GEO 1: June 2017
Promoted to GEO 2: April 2020
Promoted to GEO 3: April 2022

I was wondering if the recent promotions is a normal protocol or is it the school is finally recognising me? Or is it actually too slow?

Unregistered 10-04-2022 11:55 AM

I feel that it’s not worth becoming a KP unless u got the chance to step up to be a VP. Of course, SLs will never put it this way as they need someone to lead the foot soldiers. How much do the SLs do? Very little.

How much do HODs do? Much more.