Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 08-04-2022 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212969)
Male, non scholar
2014: Enter teaching as GEO2
2015: GEO3
2022: GEO4

Considering the present-day climate of slowed down promotions, your progression is ok for a teacher with CEP of geo5. The previous generation of teachers will consider it very slow though.

Unregistered 08-04-2022 11:39 AM

I wonder if the lower MI amount is related to the more generous grades being given these past Covid years. I mean, it looks like more people are getting B and A’s even, when A used to be such a rate thing in the past. Also seeing a good number of promotions in my school (10-15%) each year, so maybe these things are balanced out with lower MI.

Unregistered 08-04-2022 02:39 PM

Heya all. This ain't salary-related. But. Just would like to know from you guys. Are your Ps stating that he/she will not be approving any overseas leave for June? Kinda buey song when mine said that. Not sure whether it's standard across the land.

Unregistered 08-04-2022 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212982)
Have you ever engaged in discussions with your RO about moving up the career tracks, regardless if it was self-initiated or RO-initiated? If you haven't, chances are your CEP is at geo5.

Hi, thanks for your reply. May I take a peek into your mind on how you arrived at this conclusion of CEP at GEO5? Thanks.

Unregistered 08-04-2022 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213022)
Hi, thanks for your reply. May I take a peek into your mind on how you arrived at this conclusion of CEP at GEO5? Thanks.

7 years from 3-4 is a long time

Unregistered 08-04-2022 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212936)
2012 Enter teaching
2015 GEO4 and got a C- that year for doing some shitty stuff
2022 GEO5

Is this fast or slow? Trying to gauge my CEP. Thanks

It’s normal. You will stay at GEO5 unless you are given a KP position, apply to another sch or HQ, so that you can be considered for SEO1. Most teachers remain at GEO5 drawing a comfortable pay but without leadership responsibilities

Unregistered 08-04-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213022)

Very simple.. if your CEP is higher than geo5, your school leaders and RO should actively be preparing you to take on higher appointment in the near future. If there is total radio silence about training you to take on SH/LH/AYH/ST roles, or preparing you for a HQ officer position, then you can safely assume that your CEP is not even at SEO1-equivalent. Especially at your age.

Unregistered 08-04-2022 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213017)
Heya all. This ain't salary-related. But. Just would like to know from you guys. Are your Ps stating that he/she will not be approving any overseas leave for June? Kinda buey song when mine said that. Not sure whether it's standard across the land.

No leh my P say as long you are back at least 7days before staff meeting to account for any SHN/quarantine then just seek his approval before booking tickets. I am not planning to travel in Jun but already booked year end trip from 30Nov, hoping things dont change then

Unregistered 08-04-2022 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213017)

Because HQ has not sent any official travel advisory for staff yet.

If P jumps the gun and approves, but later on the travel advisory ends up more stringent that the school-based guidelines decided by the SLs, then the P will have to make the awful move of revoking leave approvals and/or answer to higher management for jumping the gun.

Unregistered 08-04-2022 04:41 PM

To be honest, MOE HQ should expect a backlash if it dares to unveil unreasonable policies on overseas leave during June holidays. Come on, everyone is going overseas already!