Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 05-04-2022 08:22 PM

Performance bonus is not about scholar status. Its about work done and contribution to sch/cluster. And of course your substantive grade. I.e its easier to get A in geo2 and 3 grades. When you are in GEO4 and above, it will get tough as they bar is raised with officers already appointed as kp. Even for them, A is. Not. A guarantee unless they have made significant contributions to school or cluster.

Unregistered 06-04-2022 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212445)
So you joined the service in 2013 as a diploma holder and is already GEO 5 now? That's fast

Because they are doing KP work at GEO grades. Promotion is statistically faster for these people as they are punching above their expected weight.

Unregistered 06-04-2022 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212448)
Performance bonus is not about scholar status. Its about work done and contribution to sch/cluster. And of course your substantive grade. I.e its easier to get A in geo2 and 3 grades. When you are in GEO4 and above, it will get tough as they bar is raised with officers already appointed as kp. Even for them, A is. Not. A guarantee unless they have made significant contributions to school or cluster.

Agree. Elite scholars will be promoted faster as they are deemed to have a greater capacity to lead and excel and as a result a higher cep. Because of that, they may also be given more responsibilities with wider scope, which usually should not be an problem for them to do them to a satisfactory level. So that may translate to a better pb for some. I am not sure if the SLs consider their status before deciding on a perf grade, since these individuals are to be able to perform. I have yet to see a C-/D graders scholars in my decades of service.

For the majority, we are farmers whose hard work may or may not be recognised. It depends on one’s visibility, RO’s ability, and more importantly, his/her relationship with others, particularly the KPs and SLs. If the efforts are affirmed, a B grade is often within reach. A grade, depends. Nowadays, with the covid situation, A is no longer some legendary performance even for geo 4 and beyond. Of course, you will really need to slog. I have gotten that grade twice even when I was at geo 5. I led in most of the things, with impact level at school and cluster level.

On short, know yourself well to take on work that you can excel in. There is no use in assuming multiple roles when you are not able to do them well. In the long run, you will also be jaded and will even find it hard to have a breakthrough. Plan the years ahead well and know how to play the game.

Unregistered 06-04-2022 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212264)
It only shows your substantive grade but not your new salary. :(

Download the letter of employment. It has the updated salary.

Unregistered 06-04-2022 09:11 PM

Can anyone share the rate for fajt at geo3? Is there cpf contribution from employer?

Unregistered 06-04-2022 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212642)
Can anyone share the rate for fajt at geo3? Is there cpf contribution from employer?

Why geo3 want to drop out to go fajt already? :/ Not waiting till 4 or 5?

Unregistered 06-04-2022 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212635)

Wow, A grade & GEO3 to GEO4, only +$410 to gross monthly? MOE having cashflow problems and cannot afford the teaching force already ah?

Not expecting to get rich working in MOE, but also not expecting to still be paid near-entry level salary after 5 YOE + slogging guts out doing KP work on internal appt. For a CS that always proudly claims that it benchmarks salaries against private sector to keep them competitive..

Unregistered 06-04-2022 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212651)
Wow, A grade & GEO3 to GEO4, only +$410 to gross monthly? MOE having cashflow problems and cannot afford the teaching force already ah?

Not expecting to get rich working in MOE, but also not expecting to still be paid near-entry level salary after 5 YOE + slogging guts out doing KP work on internal appt. For a CS that always proudly claims that it benchmarks salaries against private sector to keep them competitive..

My increment is the same as last yr :/

Unregistered 06-04-2022 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212651)

Is it because you are near the cap for GEO 3?

Unregistered 06-04-2022 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212635)

Mine says bad request.
O.o