Career as Teacher - Page 5 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 30-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Of course it is possible. I bought a condo in 2006 for $670K with 20% downpayment (Cash + CPF) and sold it last year for $1.43m and made more than $600K after accounting for interest, stamp duty, renovation cost etc.
I bought icon studio at tanjong pager in 2005 at 350k, sold last year at 950k. Also bought oxley one 2rm at 480k, sold 1.3m recently.
It easy to make money in property last time , only 10% down payment.

Reach 50 this year, sitting on 2.5mm cash waiting for next bubble burst to enter again



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 30-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default seldom ngShric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yup it's like betting big/small. After the round, those aunties will say aiyah if I had bet that other one, I would have made money.

If investing is so easy, everyone would be rich.
Ok, in that case you better work very hard for many years in your life ok?
Work til you die. Good job auntie/ah pek! That's the spirit!

Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 30-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default aGSCDn and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Aiyoh.. I think the biggest regret for your husband should be marrying a wife like you... only know how to complain and blame him for being prudent to protect the family.. Assuming if he really bought the Quartz in 2006, but somehow property prices crashed... You would also be blaming him i'm sure... Women everyday stay at home will get fat.. better go and work lah..
Ok, I blame myself. Should have bought a 2 roomer with my own $$. I was stupid. I thought of buying only 3 roomers with hubby. That's why woman work, they have the $$ to make their own decision and not be swayed by hubby.

BTW, is the quited comment coming from a fat stay-at-home aunty? I mean, she said 'Aiyoh'.... sounding like shegot fat staying at home, or maybe her sisters became like that or something....?hmm

Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 30-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I bought icon studio at tanjong pager in 2005 at 350k, sold last year at 950k. Also bought oxley one 2rm at 480k, sold 1.3m recently.
It easy to make money in property last time , only 10% down payment.

Reach 50 this year, sitting on 2.5mm cash waiting for next bubble burst to enter again
Sounds easy.

The problem with your younger peers trying to emulate what you did is that they won't have much savings even when the next bubble burst. To buy a modest house and a simple car to raise a family today will wipe out the average couple's savings. Unless they sacrifice a lot to save up for that investment opportunity that may or may not come, they will never be like you.
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 30-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sounds easy.

The problem with your younger peers trying to emulate what you did is that they won't have much savings even when the next bubble burst. To buy a modest house and a simple car to raise a family today will wipe out the average couple's savings. Unless they sacrifice a lot to save up for that investment opportunity that may or may not come, they will never be like you.
Many young chaps in this forum already hitting 20k a month by age 35. Multiply by 2 if wife working. Can easily catch up unlike me going into semi retirement
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2012, 01:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Many young chaps in this forum already hitting 20k a month by age 35. Multiply by 2 if wife working. Can easily catch up unlike me going into semi retirement
Then this forum is full of outliers.

I thought GCT said average pay is only 3k.
Reply With Quote

  #47 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

so gullible.. they say and you believe?? I think they also mention their salary is very low...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Then this forum is full of outliers.

I thought GCT said average pay is only 3k.
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Aiyoh.. Complaining auntie angry already.. Muwhahahaha... i'm just teaching you how to be a good wife.. Bye, bye auntie.. Remember to go and exercise hor... Women got flabby tummy not pretty one... No need to dream about Quartz anymore.. Price won't come down one... Muwhahahaha... You should dream about your waistline "26" instead... hahahaha....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ok, I blame myself. Should have bought a 2 roomer with my own $$. I was stupid. I thought of buying only 3 roomers with hubby. That's why woman work, they have the $$ to make their own decision and not be swayed by hubby.

BTW, is the quited comment coming from a fat stay-at-home aunty? I mean, she said 'Aiyoh'.... sounding like shegot fat staying at home, or maybe her sisters became like that or something....?hmm
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think u mean i should be more gullible and believe someone whom post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
so gullible.. they say and you believe?? I think they also mention their salary is very low...
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
so gullible.. they say and you believe?? I think they also mention their salary is very low...
So everybody making $200k these days?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Summer Internships 2020 ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 770 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,999 Replies, 2,188,316 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
414 Replies, 71,131 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,141 Replies, 5,285,242 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,426 Replies, 1,481,501 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 5,409 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
122 Replies, 95,138 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,699 Replies, 1,013,943 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,578 Replies, 1,224,454 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,978 Replies, 1,800,846 Views
Chevron COBRA assesment, please... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 48,850 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,268 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,868 Replies, 3,647,181 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector) ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 1,843 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
251 Replies, 75,423 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
854 Replies, 429,622 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 4,053 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
203 Replies, 197,226 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
878 Replies, 716,811 Views
What are your Job benefits ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 6,924 Views
What course should I undertake?
8 Replies, 3,104 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
103 Replies, 121,144 Views
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 12,763 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 15,876 Views
What is the usual salary for...
4 Replies, 1,934 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 6,226 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 12,251 Views
Career at Keppel
3 Replies, 354 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 325,870 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2