Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 27-03-2022 06:50 AM

Cut the crap and go do something more productive.

Unregistered 27-03-2022 06:51 AM

Yes, stop disturbing other threads if you have nothing to add

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210531)
Vice principal at a sec school in the east. Life is so good with so much schoolgirls panties zeo geng daily.

Unregistered 27-03-2022 07:42 AM

B (promoted GEO3)
B
B
C
C+(promoted GEO4)
C+
C
B
B (promoted GEO5)
C
B (this year’s grade)

Tot I would get to SEO 1 soon but looks like it’s a 1-2year wait.
Am a second yr HOD currently.

Unregistered 27-03-2022 10:27 AM

How is our salary increment counted?
Does it vary based on our PB grade?
For C,C+,B,A.

Thanks

Unregistered 27-03-2022 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210572)
How is our salary increment counted?
Does it vary based on our PB grade?
For C,C+,B,A.

Thanks

The merit increment scales based on your performance grade, yes.

The merit increment is also affected by other factors like economic performance, and your position along your current subgrade's pay range (nearer the max = smaller MI).

Unregistered 27-03-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210524)
Gift of the gab? Nah... and I don't speak to middle management or SLs unless I have to. I'm not that comfortable with them. This is what I've been told... creative, resourceful, reliable, a fast learner and worker. My RO said she can throw anything at me and I will produce results in a short time. It's my personality I guess, I like to do things fast, without compromising on quality of course. I get bored easily too so I want to move on to other stuff quickly.

I guess different schools value different things. My RO has also always mentioned that I am a fast worker and can produce results but I don't network enough, hence whatever I am doing is not "visible" enough.

Unregistered 27-03-2022 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210552)
B (promoted GEO3)
B
B
C
C+(promoted GEO4)
C+
C
B
B (promoted GEO5)
C
B (this year’s grade)

Tot I would get to SEO 1 soon but looks like it’s a 1-2year wait.
Am a second yr HOD currently.

Has the list been announced already?

Unregistered 27-03-2022 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210633)
Has the list been announced already?

The Principal knows already.

There is no fixed protocol for when (or how) the comms to staff is made. Most Principals and Branch Heads would have sent out emails last week.

Unregistered 27-03-2022 08:10 PM

After reading a lot of the threads, just want to comment that most people will hit a progression block sooner or later.

GEO5 is where 2/3 will get stuck since there can only be so many KPs.

The worst is that most KPs are not on Teaching Track, but can step down as a teacher holding SEO1/2 usually.

If you are a good teacher who can deliver students' results, SLs may even attribute it as due to tuition as they need KPs to run events or deliver students' results.

Your HoD or SH may not even teach better than you ...

To stay in the system and be happy, do not think too much about progression and the $$$.

Unregistered 27-03-2022 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210372)
Hope u feel better when u read my colleague's /best friend story. Onto her ninth year as GEO2.

Her PB A sia.. I don't understand why she isn't promoted. She's always in various committees, CCA competitions and SWC. She never complain. She's a quiet efficient hard worker, a really good teacher. but still no promotion in sight. As much as I want to help, I've no power lor. I got promoted, but not her. My PB string of C+ lor, never had an A before. I feel sian for her..

Hoping to find out more from this thread for her... But I guess we will never find out why.

Is she a degree holder?