Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 26-03-2022 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210464)
Congratulations. That's fast. Are you mid-career?

Nope. Teaching is my first job.
Entered NIE degree programme after A-level. My A-level result was not good enough for NUS or NTU but got lucky with NIE. Teaching was my second option. Guess it was meant to be. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary either, just the usual HOT stuff. Hence I was surprised with the promotion. Not sure what I did right.

Unregistered 26-03-2022 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210471)
Entered NIE degree programme after A-level. My A-level result was not good enough for NUS or NTU but got lucky with NIE. Teaching was my second option. Guess it was meant to be. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary either, just the usual HOT stuff. Hence I was surprised with the promotion. Not sure what I did right.

i guess it doesn’t really matter what you did right or wrong. use that position of influence well to benefit others. Cheers

Unregistered 26-03-2022 05:59 PM

Quote:

How old are you?

Unregistered 26-03-2022 06:09 PM

Quote:

Would you say you are someone with the gift of the gab? Do you get along well with those in the middle management or the school leaders? Someone must have spoken well of you during the ranking session. From my experience, it doesn't really matter what you do but who you know ...

Unregistered 26-03-2022 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210446)
Yes I think this sums up the underlying reason for slow promotion and progression generally seen in the service - there is a bottleneck :( . Not because you are not good.

You have done well for your students, thank you for your hard work.

Indeed. Guess I should just be thankful I have a job and stop chasing the promotion. When it comes, it will come.

Unregistered 26-03-2022 06:46 PM

Quote:

How's your performance across the years?
Straight As?

Unregistered 26-03-2022 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210494)
Would you say you are someone with the gift of the gab? Do you get along well with those in the middle management or the school leaders? Someone must have spoken well of you during the ranking session. From my experience, it doesn't really matter what you do but who you know ...

Gift of the gab? Nah... and I don't speak to middle management or SLs unless I have to. I'm not that comfortable with them. This is what I've been told... creative, resourceful, reliable, a fast learner and worker. My RO said she can throw anything at me and I will produce results in a short time. It's my personality I guess, I like to do things fast, without compromising on quality of course. I get bored easily too so I want to move on to other stuff quickly.

Unregistered 26-03-2022 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210493)
How old are you?

31 end of this year

Unregistered 26-03-2022 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210497)
How's your performance across the years?
Straight As?

1st year: B
2nd year: C
3rd year: B

Unregistered 26-03-2022 11:55 PM

Vice principal at a sec school in the east. Life is so good with so much schoolgirls panties zeo geng daily.