Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 20-03-2022 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209351)
Shape up for this super lousy management? NO WAY! I rather got D's n transfer to other school for reassessment. 😁

If I am not wrong, if u get D, you cannot ask for transfer the following year. Happened to my colleagues - Both got D but 1 went for OPE before the performance grade was out and successfully transferred out. The other wanted to transfer the year she knew the grade, but was told that she could not as she is a D grader.

Unregistered 20-03-2022 04:16 PM

GEO 3 - B 2.5

3 years of B..

Wondering when will I go to GEO 4

Unregistered 20-03-2022 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209390)
GEO 3 - B 2.5

3 years of B..

when you are a appt holder?

Unregistered 20-03-2022 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209328)
Hi all. I saw No data under PRB Statements. Is it mean a D for me?

It is due diligence of the SLs and the RO to inform an officer that he/she is at risk or being awarded a D.
You should not be finding out that you are getting a D firsthand from HRP.

Perhaps there is some uploading issues. Try again latest tomorrow, then approach your RO or SLs if necessary.

Quote:

GEO 3 - B 2.5

3 years of B..

Good grades is a pre-requisite for promotion, but does not equate to promotion. Your grade is an acknowledgement that you are doing more/better work output than peers of the same subgrade.

There are other factors, and one key factor that school can contribute to is raising your CEP. Your promotion would generally be faster if the school perceive that you are capable of reaching SEO1 and above before retirement. For such cases, good interpersonal skills and critical thinking would play an important role.

Doing good SOLO work is great for getting good PBs yearly, but to be identified as a potential SH/HOD/ST/LT/VP/P/etc, you will need to show that you can lead a group of teachers, as well as manage them well. You must also demonstrate that you can look at the macro perspective of matters.

I.e. If you are fantastic classroom teacher and produce results and do work assigned to you well, the school would rightly assign you an A or B grade. However, that does not translate to being able to lead a department, and is also independent on whether you proactively share and guide colleagues in professional development.

A fantastic A/B grade teacher can be amazing when given instructions on what to do, but for SEO1 and above, they would want to see you identify issues or areas of growth, and take the initiative to do something about it instead of waiting for others to tell you what should/can be done.

I hope this helps you in your journey.

Unregistered 20-03-2022 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209351)
Shape up for this super lousy management? NO WAY! I rather got D's n transfer to other school for reassessment. 😁

Maybe you think too highly of yourself? However lousy the management is, it cannot be the case where everyone is a D grader. Reflect on what you have done, or not done, and rectify issues of yours, not for the sake of PB, but to help you become a better person and teacher.

Unregistered 20-03-2022 05:29 PM

Quote:

GEO 3 - B 2.5

3 years of B..

Twiddle thumbs and wait for HR to flag you for promotion. Your school has probably already done all they could. Only HR can initiate the process, the school can only respond to it by recommending/not recommending.

Unregistered 20-03-2022 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209293)
A-B need to have good CONNECTION, RELATIONSHIP one...not easy

yep ... that's why some mp lobbied for transparency and revamp of epms system into something more objective ... how to define impact?

Unregistered 20-03-2022 09:46 PM

Quote:

Good grades is a pre-requisite for promotion, but does not equate to promotion. Your grade is an acknowledgement that you are doing more/better work output than peers of the same subgrade.

There are other factors, and one key factor that school can contribute to is raising your CEP. Your promotion would generally be faster if the school perceive that you are capable of reaching SEO1 and above before retirement. For such cases, good interpersonal skills and critical thinking would play an important role.

Doing good SOLO work is great for getting good PBs yearly, but to be identified as a potential SH/HOD/ST/LT/VP/P/etc, you will need to show that you can lead a group of teachers, as well as manage them well. You must also demonstrate that you can look at the macro perspective of matters.

I.e. If you are fantastic classroom teacher and produce results and do work assigned to you well, the school would rightly assign you an A or B grade. However, that does not translate to being able to lead a department, and is also independent on whether you proactively share and guide colleagues in professional development.

A fantastic A/B grade teacher can be amazing when given instructions on what to do, but for SEO1 and above, they would want to see you identify issues or areas of growth, and take the initiative to do something about it instead of waiting for others to tell you what should/can be done.

I hope this helps you in your journey.

Thanks for the info, really helpful to know.

Well from my RO, he mentioned to me before my CEP is good and moving well up. However our sch has all positions filled up, including all HOD, SH, LH, we even have some subject with 2 LH
So KP level is totally full already

I have no appointments at all till date because there is no space for any hahaha
Staying in the school is actually v challenging too because everyone is doing very well and snatching a piece of your credit. Most of the time, ppl want to be part of something and get that credit

In fact this is the first time I feel why teachers have politics..

Unregistered 20-03-2022 10:03 PM

Hi All,

Need some advice. I've been holding coordinator role for 4 years. SLs & RO have been asking me to take up SH but I've been avoiding it cause not ready to carry the responsibility as well as dont really like doing the administrative work. I've received B grade for the last 3 years. Promoted to GEO4 in 2020. My questions are:

1) When should I expect to be promoted to GEO5?
2) Will taking up SH role make me get promoted faster?

TIA.

Unregistered 20-03-2022 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 209441)
Hi All,

Need some advice. I've been holding coordinator role for 4 years. SLs & RO have been asking me to take up SH but I've been avoiding it cause not ready to carry the responsibility as well as dont really like doing the administrative work. I've received B grade for the last 3 years. Promoted to GEO4 in 2020. My questions are:

1) When should I expect to be promoted to GEO5?
2) Will taking up SH role make me get promoted faster?

TIA.

long long wait then