Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 27-01-2022 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199410)
YH is quite a silly post though. Maybe 5-6 years ago, not common at all, and it was at most an unofficial internal appointment and called "level coordinator".. Must be too many teachers hence need to create such jlb posts.

Wah how long have you been away from school to think YHs are jlb? The positions were carved out to offload VPs and SD/student management heads, and provide another layer with management authority to support Form Teachers with challenging matters dealing with students.

Jlb my ass.. they go home the latest among all of us in the HOD room.

Unregistered 27-01-2022 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199893)
Wah how long have you been away from school to think YHs are jlb? The positions were carved out to offload VPs and SD/student management heads, and provide another layer with management authority to support Form Teachers with challenging matters dealing with students.

Jlb my ass.. they go home the latest among all of us in the HOD room.


curious, is there a need for subject head discipline then?

Unregistered 27-01-2022 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199918)
curious, is there a need for subject head discipline then?

of course not.

Unregistered 28-01-2022 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199920)
of course not.

With YHs and AYHs around why still need SH/Discipline?

Unregistered 28-01-2022 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200039)
With YHs and AYHs around why still need SH/Discipline?

job creation

Unregistered 28-01-2022 08:41 PM

Hi May I check if there is any new policy to slower promotion and also appointment of position holder?

Unregistered 28-01-2022 08:42 PM

Who knows how many months PB for C,C+,B and A?

Unregistered 28-01-2022 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200124)
Who knows how many months PB for C,C+,B and A?

First year in service?

There is a range for each perf grade, the range varies from year to year based on govt guidelines, and also varies from school to school. Your exact PB quantum will also depend on whether you are a "high C" or a "low C", there will be a difference too.

C tends to be around 1.3 to 1.8, C+ up to 2.2ish, B up to ~2.75, A up to ~3.5ish for GEO grades. But it could change. If the economic performance is bad, the cap could be lower.

Unregistered 28-01-2022 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200123)
Hi May I check if there is any new policy to slower promotion and also appointment of position holder?

Lol the people who are privy to the exact policy changes are not at liberty to discuss this in detail anonymously on an online forum.

Just open your eyes and observe.

Unregistered 28-01-2022 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200140)
Lol the people who are privy to the exact policy changes are not at liberty to discuss this in detail anonymously on an online forum.

Just open your eyes and observe.

in other words, I donít know.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2