Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 30-11-2021 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191879)
Yes that’s true, BUT EOs are promoted at slower rates. So EOs would reach the equivalent MX grade later

Yes, this is especially problematic if you look at how many EOs are holding FULL (not internal) SH/LH/AYH even HOD/YH appointments, performing up to expectations or better, but are still stuck at GEO4.

These are usually the talented EOs who demonstrate good leadership and management abilities early in their career.. but are punished with management responsibilities at non-management (GEO) pay grade.

Unregistered 30-11-2021 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191879)
Yes that’s true, BUT EOs are promoted at slower rates. So EOs would reach the equivalent MX grade later

Actually Edun scheme has finer subgrades (i.e more subgrades) than MX scheme so there is
more sense of progression than MX. I would say that MX gets stuck for a much longer time than EOs at each grade.

Unregistered 30-11-2021 02:18 AM

Half load

What are the circumstances in which a teacher in service can apply for reduced load besides caring for children?

Unregistered 30-11-2021 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191920)
Actually Edun scheme has finer subgrades (i.e more subgrades) than MX scheme so there is
more sense of progression than MX. I would say that MX gets stuck for a much longer time than EOs at each grade.

Mx11a ceiling higher than GEO5 equivalent

Unregistered 30-11-2021 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191920)

The issue is what is the MX equivalent of each GEO/SEO grade and heard that this also changes with time. So, how long does an average performer move from fresh grad hire to MX grade and how long to the equivalent GEO grade? How long for above average performer? For example, fresh grad hire can’t get to GEO4 even after 6 years (female).

Unregistered 30-11-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191932)
Mx11a ceiling higher than GEO5 equivalent

MX11a maps to SEO 1 not GEO 5

Unregistered 30-11-2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191933)
The issue is what is the MX equivalent of each GEO/SEO grade and heard that this also changes with time. So, how long does an average performer move from fresh grad hire to MX grade and how long to the equivalent GEO grade? How long for above average performer? For example, fresh grad hire can’t get to GEO4 even after 6 years (female).

There are at least 2 EO subgrades mapping to one MX subgrade. So if grad EO is put onto GEO 2, most would promote to GEO 3 in a year (cohort promotion). This is same as MX 13 to 12 cohort promotion. There are MXes that takes forever to promote from MX 12 to 11. MX 11a maps to SEO 1. So you get the idea. Honestly, if you think the deal for EO is bad. Generic Mx scheme is worse.

Unregistered 30-11-2021 12:41 PM

It is not too difficult to garner a guess since for grad EO, the available subgrades are geo 2,3,4,5 seo 1,2,3 superscale h,g, f, e, d whereas for grad mx you only have mx 13,12,11,11a,10,9,8,7. So logically this must mean that there are at least multiple subgrades mapping to one mx grade at some of the levels

Unregistered 30-11-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191946)
There are at least 2 EO subgrades mapping to one MX subgrade. So if grad EO is put onto GEO 2, most would promote to GEO 3 in a year (cohort promotion). This is same as MX 13 to 12 cohort promotion. There are MXes that takes forever to promote from MX 12 to 11. MX 11a maps to SEO 1. So you get the idea. Honestly, if you think the deal for EO is bad. Generic Mx scheme is worse.

It maps as follows:

MX13 - GEO2
MX12 - GEO3
MX11 - GEO4/5
MX11A - SEO1
MX10 - SEO2/3

A quick comparison of progression rates shared in the teacher thread vs the civil service thread shows that it’s much faster to reach MX11 and GEO4.

Unregistered 30-11-2021 08:41 PM

The rate of progression for the MX and EO will be the same if all else are the same (e.g CEP and perf grade). You cannot compare the rate of progression without knowing all these variables.