Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 23-08-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180898)
I am a TA currently in university. Was trying to plan my career progression in terms of position ibstead of rank. Do yall think it is reasonable to be a SH in 3 years, HOD in another 3 years. After 2 years of being HOD, do a HQ posting for 2 years and then be VP/P. Essentially I want to start earning 10k at SEO level within 10 years.

Hahahhahaha

Unregistered 23-08-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180898)
I am a TA currently in university. Was trying to plan my career progression in terms of position ibstead of rank. Do yall think it is reasonable to be a SH in 3 years, HOD in another 3 years. After 2 years of being HOD, do a HQ posting for 2 years and then be VP/P. Essentially I want to start earning 10k at SEO level within 10 years.

Everyone is considered as a TA if they study in NIE now. TA is very low in the scholarship hierarchy. If you are a Overseas Merit Scholar or PSC scholar, then that progression that you’ve mentioned is very achievable.

Unregistered 24-08-2021 12:07 AM

I wonder if teachers are able to see the bigger picture.

Building good relationships with your students has a higher chance of your students doing better in your classes.

It is true that your plates are full / you wear too many hats.

But if you spend time to understand your students (not academically, referring to their background/life story), your students can see genuine care and concern and in turn, they will be more willing to listen to your lessons, be engaged and results will gradually show.

Teaching requires a heart first, not just hard.

Most students see you more hours in a day than they see their parents.
Especially in today's society where most parents are working and/or in this pandemic where financial issues are rising.

I wonder how many teachers actually think and see below the surface of the behavioural issues that students are presenting in class or are teachers more concerned over academic grades first because that is their kpi?

Unregistered 24-08-2021 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181010)

Building good relationships with your students has a higher chance of your students doing better in your classes.

But if you spend time to understand your students (not academically, referring to their background/life story), your students can see genuine care and concern and in turn, they will be more willing to listen to your lessons, be engaged and results will gradually show.

Especially in today's society where most parents are working and/or in this pandemic where financial issues are rising.

I wonder how many teachers actually think and see below the surface of the behavioural issues that students are presenting in class or are teachers more concerned over academic grades first because that is their kpi?

Damn right, don’t go pinch your student ears, cut their hair la and worse accuse them of something they didn’t do… if don’t have the heart don’t be a teacher or principal, better don’t sabo everybody… if wanna farm pls go be tuition teacher ba

Unregistered 25-08-2021 03:31 AM

Quote:

Haha this one confirm not teacher

Unregistered 25-08-2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Our kpi have not been grades for a long time

Unregistered 25-08-2021 08:49 PM

Quote:

our kpi have not been grades for a long time

Unregistered 25-08-2021 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181145)
Haha this one confirm not teacher

Might be an idealistic and fortunate teacher

Unregistered 25-08-2021 10:34 PM

What is the average salary range for an average performer? Assuming if can hit SEO1 by early 40s

Unregistered 26-08-2021 06:15 AM

Average performers will never hit SEO1 - that requires an official appointment, like ST or SH role.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181217)
What is the average salary range for an average performer? Assuming if can hit SEO1 by early 40s