Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 14-08-2021 09:58 AM

A friend of mine told me that his merit increment this year was prorated. Is this because he took 40 days of no pay leave last year? What is the qualifying period for merit increment? I’m also thinking of taking npl next year. Thx

Unregistered 14-08-2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180061)
From 2021, C- will deny you connection plan deposit for that entire year of work.

Where did you get the news from?

Unregistered 14-08-2021 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180066)
A friend of mine told me that his merit increment this year was prorated. Is this because he took 40 days of no pay leave last year? What is the qualifying period for merit increment? I’m also thinking of taking npl next year. Thx

What rubbish is that?

Merit increments were lower than usual across the board this year. Not because they were prorated but because of some adjustments made in light of the poor economic performance and outlook.

Unregistered 14-08-2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180119)
What rubbish is that?

Merit increments were lower than usual across the board this year. Not because they were prorated but because of some adjustments made in light of the poor economic performance and outlook.

He showed me the bottom bit of Apr pay info. It says “your gross salary includes a prorated Merit Increment of …”

Unregistered 14-08-2021 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180004)
Yeah the happy ordinary teacher life at the top of the GEO5 scale is pretty sweet, but GEOs get shafted in terms of performance bonus quantum. 1.5, 1.6 months for C grade (meeting job expectations) is very low relative to the rest of the civil service. the PB for SEO grades receiving C is more reasonable and in line with the rest of the schemes.

But you are right, when you hit SEO grades you are likely to see a long chain of C grades more than anything else, even if you work your ass off. You'll miss the bygone days of B streaks as a GEO, haha

Does Geo or Seo have better work life balance?

Unregistered 15-08-2021 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180112)
Where did you get the news from?

C- no deposit for connect plan for that year. This news was disseminated last year through CES. It's effective for year 2021 onwards.

Unregistered 15-08-2021 09:10 AM

Question: For salary credited on 12th June, means its for the work done in 1st-31st May? Am I correct to say that?

Unregistered 15-08-2021 10:18 AM

Can MOE Teachers give tuition

Can I check, can moe Teachers give tuition?

Unregistered 15-08-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180139)

Yes u can but u need to get approval from your p and I heard it's nkt more den half or one month of your salary ( this part I not sure)

Unregistered 15-08-2021 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180139)

Last time no need to ask, just ensure it's less than 6 hours.

Now you must seek approval. See the following from the news recently. In Singapore, teachers are now required to seek approval to give tuition outside of school, following a review of guidelines by the Public Service Division

Read more at s://.todayonline.com/big-read/big-read-singapores-endless-love-affair-private-tuition-just-got-deeper-covid-19