Career as Teacher - Page 383 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3821 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2021, 11:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That's odd - forummers here are saying that average salary at this level / YOE should be 5 - 5.5k???
Depends on whether you got promoted to GEO4 lor. If mainly C/C+ should still be GEO3. Difference in promo and merit increment accounts for the diff

Reply With Quote
  #3822 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2021, 01:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Depends on whether you got promoted to GEO4 lor. If mainly C/C+ should still be GEO3. Difference in promo and merit increment accounts for the diff
I see, thank you for sharing. How is the spread of B and C graders in general? Teachers really deserve to be bagging higher compensation given the amount of work, stress and responsibilities entrusted to us.

Reply With Quote
  #3823 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2021, 02:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I see, thank you for sharing. How is the spread of B and C graders in general? Teachers really deserve to be bagging higher compensation given the amount of work, stress and responsibilities entrusted to us.
Got C can be happy liao. the grades have quota, thus even if everyone is good, some will be better.

s://.channelnewsasia.com/commentary/teachers-appraisal-ranking-annual-salary-compensation-retention-380626

Reply With Quote
  #3824 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2021, 02:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just to chip in too. I think every teacher will be assigned different duties throughout the year. I can honestly say that it's really hard to ensure equal workload among all teachers (for absolute fairness). Kinda impossible. Exam duties are still manageable tbh.

Maybe to put forth a more balanced argument...I have worked with enough KPs to see that there are many who do not show good examples of themselves in terms of being a leader.

Example? One of my colleagues was threatened just for providing simple feedback during a school wide meeting (to help and streamline certain workflow processes) by his RO. That KP saw it as creating trouble for all school staff.

More examples?

"I old already...You're younger so you should do it"

"I dunno anything about technology...Can you do it instead"

"This task is to groom you to help your career progression" (don't even know if this will materialise)

Not that we don't wish to help or learn. But the above really sounds like excuses to me. If they really feel so old or poorly skilled, shouldn't they just get out of their position and let others take it instead?

However I have also met A FEW who are really competent and are willing to guide or even work together with you towards a common goal. For these KPs, they impressed me enough for me to work hard under them, and even FOR them.

Example? I had one that prepares and gives instructions for work in advance, and periodically checks in if people under him need help. He listens to feedback and is willing to try out new ideas. Unlike some who throw work last minute without guidance and any mistake made, that poor particular teacher is held accountable.
Very true.

Sometimes, KP arrow ppl to do things, they themselves never do before or cannot do.
But if KP never do before, they cannot guide properly. best if they dun guide sometimes, else makes things worse ...
Reply With Quote
  #3825 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2021, 02:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Got C can be happy liao. the grades have quota, thus even if everyone is good, some will be better.

s://.channelnewsasia.com/commentary/teachers-appraisal-ranking-annual-salary-compensation-retention-380626
Oh man that sounds shag! Thought C sounds like a fairly low score already - shouldn't B or B- be the median?
Reply With Quote
  #3826 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2021, 03:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh man that sounds shag! Thought C sounds like a fairly low score already - shouldn't B or B- be the median?
C is median. C+ is considered above average. There is no B- - which u would know if u are a teacher
Reply With Quote

  #3827 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2021, 09:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just to chip in too. I think every teacher will be assigned different duties throughout the year. I can honestly say that it's really hard to ensure equal workload among all teachers (for absolute fairness). Kinda impossible. Exam duties are still manageable tbh.

Maybe to put forth a more balanced argument...I have worked with enough KPs to see that there are many who do not show good examples of themselves in terms of being a leader.

Example? One of my colleagues was threatened just for providing simple feedback during a school wide meeting (to help and streamline certain workflow processes) by his RO. That KP saw it as creating trouble for all school staff.

More examples?

"I old already...You're younger so you should do it"

"I dunno anything about technology...Can you do it instead"

"This task is to groom you to help your career progression" (don't even know if this will materialise)

Not that we don't wish to help or learn. But the above really sounds like excuses to me. If they really feel so old or poorly skilled, shouldn't they just get out of their position and let others take it instead?

However I have also met A FEW who are really competent and are willing to guide or even work together with you towards a common goal. For these KPs, they impressed me enough for me to work hard under them, and even FOR them.

Example? I had one that prepares and gives instructions for work in advance, and periodically checks in if people under him need help. He listens to feedback and is willing to try out new ideas. Unlike some who throw work last minute without guidance and any mistake made, that poor particular teacher is held accountable.
yep. lotsa of jiak liao bee in the teaching service.

Sometimes, they arrow u to do but they never do before, how to guide?
Reply With Quote
  #3828 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2021, 06:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That's odd - forummers here are saying that average salary at this level / YOE should be 5 - 5.5k???
If you are into teaching for the money, please look for private or group tuition.

I doubt you will even clear the interview. These days extremely competitive to be even shortlisted for interviews.
Reply With Quote
  #3829 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2021, 06:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Flp

What’s the FLP and how to be selected for it?
Reply With Quote
  #3830 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2021, 12:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
C is median. C+ is considered above average. There is no B- - which u would know if u are a teacher
A
B
C+
C
C-
D

C to C+ is what the majority will be getting
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,131 Replies, 563,637 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,182 Replies, 2,400,076 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,753 Replies, 955,347 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,060 Replies, 2,929,763 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,596 Replies, 2,021,643 Views
Official 2022 Retrechment thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
76 Replies, 7,568 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,613 Replies, 3,092,692 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
429 Replies, 159,885 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
453 Replies, 240,154 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,790 Replies, 844,236 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,616 Replies, 3,494,875 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,127 Replies, 252,910 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,216 Replies, 8,901,955 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
499 Replies, 140,247 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
230 Replies, 251,472 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
957 Replies, 629,757 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,128 Replies, 6,429,077 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,133 Replies, 296,845 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,172 Replies, 852,877 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,300 Replies, 707,486 Views
ByteDance / TikTok ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 3,831 Views
2022 Full time/Summer internship... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 2,290 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,969 Replies, 1,919,794 Views
Open Government Products (under...
9 Replies, 947 Views
Want to Save More Money? Our Free...
6 Replies, 8,476 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,379 Replies, 2,296,142 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 222,449 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
91 Replies, 131,041 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,155 Replies, 517,430 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,279 Replies, 1,496,473 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2