Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 28-04-2015 03:00 PM

interview

just came back from the interview and it was really really challenging.
The questions that asked can be quite nerves wracking.
and somehow i just feel that the interviewer does not really like me ):

Unregistered 28-04-2015 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66039)
just came back from the interview and it was really really challenging.
The questions that asked can be quite nerves wracking.
and somehow i just feel that the interviewer does not really like me ):

I went MOE interview more than 10 years back. My only impression was why MOE interviewers are so stupid.

Despite my arrogance, they took me on board.

Many young Singaporeans are not aware that many years back, civil service jobs are being despise and only loser went there.

Since then Kuan Yew and PAP flood us with FT slump dog, forcing young Singaporeans to stooge and endure insult begging for a job in public sector.

Unregistered 29-04-2015 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66040)
I went MOE interview more than 10 years back. My only impression was why MOE interviewers are so stupid.

Despite my arrogance, they took me on board.

Many young Singaporeans are not aware that many years back, civil service jobs are being despise and only loser went there.

It is not necessary to bring out the past. Every job has its own perks and downsides. It is no point comparing; it is more important that you find satisfaction in the work you do.

Unregistered 29-04-2015 05:37 PM

The young people must know the past. Before, many people despise civil service, who have
shitt reputation of stupid bosses, pushing responsibility, unreasonable people (especially bosses), suc coc culture, strong arm bosses...etc...

All the malady of civil service can be trace to PAP, especially LKY, as civil servant and even the entire Singapore culture are shaped by the toxic character of our leaders.

You are a loser if you join civil service and private sectors are highly paid.

Kuan Yew and gangs hate to be loser. At one stroke, civil service pay was raised to scandalous levels, meanwhile, PAP debase private sector by flooding us with FTs.

Today young people are so maasturbated by PAP that they are pussy and pervert. Civil service is the fall back of young people so long they failed to make it in Shylock industries.

Singapore is going to be shitt hole.

Unregistered 30-04-2015 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66082)
The young people must know the past. Before, many people despise civil service, who have
shitt reputation of stupid bosses, pushing responsibility, unreasonable people (especially bosses), suc coc culture, strong arm bosses...etc...

All the malady of civil service can be trace to PAP, especially LKY, as civil servant and even the entire Singapore culture are shaped by the toxic character of our leaders.

Kuan Yew and gangs hate to be loser. At one stroke, civil service pay was raised to scandalous levels, meanwhile, PAP debase private sector by flooding us with FTs.

Today young people are so maasturbated by PAP that they are pussy and pervert. Civil service is the fall back of young people so long they failed to make it in Shylock industries.

If you are so unhappy in Singapore, well you can always look for a greener pasture outside Singapore. No matter where you go, there will always be something for you to pick on and compare. What's the point in living in all that negativity?

Unregistered 12-05-2015 08:28 PM

recently 2 teachers committed suicide in the span of 2 weeks
both are below 30s... marsiling drive and yishun ave 4

not easy to be a teacher. Need to face the parents, students and Principal

Unregistered 13-05-2015 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66082)

Haha. I think you're the only loser around here. Your English is bad and you should feel bad. Please go back to whichever cave you crawled out from.

Unregistered 16-05-2015 08:33 AM

Go into teaching only if you truly believe in making difference in students' lives. That strong belief should sustain a person to endure chronic parents, colleagues, principals, naughty students that you will find in the education field.

Regarding pressure from parents, principal, etc. I think it's like workplace "bullies" that you will find in any job, not just teaching. Take a sales / marketing job, for example, don't you think you have to humble yourself all the time, adopt a "customer is right" approach, in order to secure business?? It is also something to be endured and learned from experience.

I think many of the problems described in the teaching profession are symptomatic of the young fresh grads that join the profession. With zero experience, junior level, and young age, they are at a disadvantage when facing - what are to most of us "old birds" - typical workplace issues. There are less complaints, e.g. from mid-career teachers, who know how to "play the game" and handle human relations better. That should tell us something...

Unregistered 02-06-2015 06:24 PM

Anyone get any interview call from MOE? had applied for the period in 27 apr to 15 jun?

lchunl 03-06-2015 12:04 AM

had given a shot at the MOE teacher application recently despite after a few years back MOE rejection (no call)....don't dare to harbor big hope..interestingly, this time i have put my love interest, art, as the teaching subjects that i prefer to do so instead of the typical maths and science..maybe i am not that qualified as there are arts graduate who can do the job better. i am unsure will them consider me in the first place..

i have trying to assess my passion in teaching after reading so much, but due to contract issues, i am unable to perform short-term stint as teacher to really assess if teaching is the right stuff though i do enjoy being with children (and the stress that come with them as have kids) and hoping that i can inspire them to learn and help them to learn better. But i know that reality is very different and the need to perform and deliver may give me a hard knock on my head.