Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 28-06-2021 12:34 PM

Hi all, is it possible as a secondary school teacher to apply for a JC position during OPE? Thank you.

Unregistered 28-06-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175820)
Hi all, is it possible as a secondary school teacher to apply for a JC position during OPE? Thank you.

Yes, i have seen it before but i would think its not very common. Still possible though.

Unregistered 28-06-2021 07:31 PM

Hi could anyone please share what do Cluster Sups tend to ask and look out for during interviews? And would you know whether you clear/fail the interview on the spot? TIA

Unregistered 28-06-2021 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175857)
Hi could anyone please share what do Cluster Sups tend to ask and look out for during interviews? And would you know whether you clear/fail the interview on the spot? TIA

If you are attending cluster interview, it’ll definitely be questions related to the KP position you are applying for. Make sure you the the KRAs of the role you are applying for as well as bigger MOE policies as well.

Most P/VPs will let you know your results the following day/the evening of the interview itself.

Unregistered 28-06-2021 09:33 PM

Ope

Hi, can I check for OPE can I apply if it fits my portfolio but the subject main does not fit? For instance applying for SH/CCE as a cl teacher whereas the school advertised for SH/CCE English teacher. Thank you :)

Unregistered 28-06-2021 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175882)
Hi, can I check for OPE can I apply if it fits my portfolio but the subject main does not fit? For instance applying for SH/CCE as a cl teacher whereas the school advertised for SH/CCE English teacher. Thank you :)

Email the school to ask the P. If the P is interested in you, he/she can still open up the vacancy for you in OPE now.

Unregistered 29-06-2021 12:15 AM

What is a good reason to say when I apply ope. I wan to leave this sch as I totally have no progression (all positions filled and full), I don't see any pull factor for me to stay, yet my sch according colleagues who tried, cannot say wan to change new environment.....any ideas?

Unregistered 29-06-2021 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175904)
What is a good reason to say when I apply ope. I wan to leave this sch as I totally have no progression (all positions filled and full), I don't see any pull factor for me to stay, yet my sch according colleagues who tried, cannot say wan to change new environment.....any ideas?

You can be upfront and state that you are interested to climb but current sch has no openings? Or the PC way is that you want to experience new challenges elsewhere? Location is also a good reason. If the sch has not put in any effort to groom you for any positions, they will be willing to let u go.

Unregistered 30-06-2021 06:32 PM

Can I check if anybody has received calls for interview from HQ? Where did you apply to?

Unregistered 30-06-2021 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175698)
Does NPL affect your PB grade? Took a 3-month NPL last year and received a C this year. Been in service for 4 years and have been a consistent B. Felt like my work for the whole of last year was discredited because of NPL. Any thoughts?

It's hard to try to make an objective comparison of performance (based on a set of KRAs) and come to a conclusion that someone who worked for 9 months generated better outcomes across the year than someone who worked for 12 months...

Remember that the performance grade isn't only about how well you did. It's about how well you did relative to others. So if you get a C because of NPL, it's not because your work in the months you were around was bad. It's because others had more time to hit more/higher KRAs.