Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 26-03-2021 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justwandering (Post 161870)
Hi, I am a GEO2. Got my confirmation letter (1 year after NIE) just yesterday.
I heard that cohort promotion for guys is usually a year after NIE (faster than girls who usually take 2 years). I wasn't promoted this year though. Wondering if any of the guys here are or were in the same situation as me? thanks

Same!! think we same batch... just finish practicum last year and received letter that i cleared probation. but thought males should be promoted after one year also... is it because i dont have honours? my male colleague was notified last year that he was promoted to GEO3 1 day after confirmation... hes one year older than our batch...

Unregistered 26-03-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161873)
Same!! think we same batch... just finish practicum last year and received letter that i cleared probation. but thought males should be promoted after one year also... is it because i dont have honours? my male colleague was notified last year that he was promoted to GEO3 1 day after confirmation... hes one year older than our batch...

maybe the rules have since changes

Unregistered 26-03-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160508)
I would just like to clarify some things related to this...

1. Increasing the quota of better Performance Grades last year was a decision by the Ministry itself?

2. Normally, awarding a B grade would mean that an RO will have to justify it by writing a report. Was it the same this time round? Or was this time just an exception I.e. can be awarded without justification?

Is it common for the Ministry to suddenly increase the quota of better performance grades? Bit weird if all ROs have to scramble to write more "good" reports to justify

Unregistered 26-03-2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161873)

Not sure what's happening. Found out that some guys are indeed promoted immediately after probation. So, is it a myth that all guys will get promoted immediately after one year? My grade was a C+ by the way so I'm even more confused now.

Unregistered 26-03-2021 06:39 PM

Anyone knows if i join MOE as PE teacher with Diploma Cert. Will i have a chance to go for full time degree/PDGE studies(sponsored) with allowance after a few years of teacher??

Unregistered 26-03-2021 07:03 PM

How much is the increment?:)

Unregistered 26-03-2021 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161901)
Anyone knows if i join MOE as PE teacher with Diploma Cert. Will i have a chance to go for full time degree/PDGE studies(sponsored) with allowance after a few years of teacher??

Degree is not everything
Diploma and experience matters more

Unregistered 26-03-2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161884)
Not sure what's happening. Found out that some guys are indeed promoted immediately after probation. So, is it a myth that all guys will get promoted immediately after one year? My grade was a C+ by the way so I'm even more confused now.

Yes cos our 2 years of national service. 2yr 4 months for mine.. Last time was as long as 2yr 6 months are counted as experience..

Unregistered 26-03-2021 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161901)

You clear the interview then say. Now they dun really want diploma holders..

Unregistered 26-03-2021 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 161740)
HR decides. At the school level, only recommendations can be given, no final decision making power.

It's speculated that the massive slowdown in (especially) geo3 to geo4 is due to saturation at geo4/5 grades. So a lot of farmers and/or people nearer to average performance are going to continue to be stuck.

Do you know how the quota works for promotion? Heard this is why some get promoted in October while some get promoted in April. Those promoted October mean lower ranking and CEP is it?