Career as Teacher - Page 307 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3061 (permalink)  
Old 17-02-2021, 05:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Best is to be able to resign from full time teaching and go into Fajt mode after accumulating enough savings
But FAJT also means subject to the needs of the school..have been seeing Fajt coming in and out of the school as school did not renew their contract.

Reply With Quote
  #3062 (permalink)  
Old 18-02-2021, 04:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default My passion is to be a teacher

Hi.. I used to be an AED TnL. After the post phased off on 2016, I felt upset.

I love to teach secondary school math.

I enjoy teaching math to the students in the school that i worked at.

Now, i miss those to days so much. Where I look forward to every nee day.

Can someone help me if i can be a teacher?

I was from 5N, have diploma in computer engineering as well as degree in math from UniSIM (now SUSS). AED TnL for almost 11 years.

Reply With Quote
  #3063 (permalink)  
Old 18-02-2021, 07:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi.. I used to be an AED TnL. After the post phased off on 2016, I felt upset.

I love to teach secondary school math.

I enjoy teaching math to the students in the school that i worked at.

Now, i miss those to days so much. Where I look forward to every nee day.

Can someone help me if i can be a teacher?

I was from 5N, have diploma in computer engineering as well as degree in math from UniSIM (now SUSS). AED TnL for almost 11 years.

How to help when academic qualifications are not on par? These days, it's extremely hard to be a teacher. New teachers really have stellar academic and non academic achievements.

You should ask your ex school for help if you left on good terms. But if you left because they didn't renew your contract or etc then all the best.

It's very very very hard to be a teacher now.



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3064 (permalink)  
Old 18-02-2021, 07:22 PM
Doctor phil
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to help when academic qualifications are not on par? These days, it's extremely hard to be a teacher. New teachers really have stellar academic and non academic achievements.

You should ask your ex school for help if you left on good terms. But if you left because they didn't renew your contract or etc then all the best.

It's very very very hard to be a teacher now.
Don't boliao lah. Top grads won't want to be teacher and have to deal with si ginna all day long. Tulan already also cannot scold CHAO CHEE BONG, what a sad life.
Reply With Quote
  #3065 (permalink)  
Old 19-02-2021, 05:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor phil View Post
Don't boliao lah. Top grads won't want to be teacher and have to deal with si ginna all day long. Tulan already also cannot scold CHAO CHEE BONG, what a sad life.

That's why teacher is there to help these students.
I enjoyed it during Aed days... But then, can't go back.
They do appreciate me teaching them math and helped them to pass.
Reply With Quote
  #3066 (permalink)  
Old 19-02-2021, 11:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor phil View Post
Don't boliao lah. Top grads won't want to be teacher and have to deal with si ginna all day long. Tulan already also cannot scold CHAO CHEE BONG, what a sad life.
The new teachers that came on board. RJC, HCJC, NJC, VJC, you name it, you can find it.

Even during my time, quite some time ago. My practicum mates in the school were from nyghs, rgs, ri, who went to RJC and HCJC.
Reply With Quote

  #3067 (permalink)  
Old 19-02-2021, 11:48 PM
Chiongster
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The new teachers that came on board. RJC, HCJC, NJC, VJC, you name it, you can find it.

Even during my time, quite some time ago. My practicum mates in the school were from nyghs, rgs, ri, who went to RJC and HCJC.
Then those are the beh kan ones in their batch. Come on la if I can go be doctor, lawyer, dentist or even make it to business school why would I want to play nanny to si gonna?
Reply With Quote
  #3068 (permalink)  
Old 20-02-2021, 06:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiongster View Post
Then those are the beh kan ones in their batch. Come on la if I can go be doctor, lawyer, dentist or even make it to business school why would I want to play nanny to si gonna?
Passion.. you know.
Reply With Quote
  #3069 (permalink)  
Old 20-02-2021, 07:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The new teachers that came on board. RJC, HCJC, NJC, VJC, you name it, you can find it.

Even during my time, quite some time ago. My practicum mates in the school were from nyghs, rgs, ri, who went to RJC and HCJC.
That's why.. they are not able to communicate math to weaker students and hence felt angry teaching them.
Reply With Quote
  #3070 (permalink)  
Old 20-02-2021, 02:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiongster View Post
Then those are the beh kan ones in their batch. Come on la if I can go be doctor, lawyer, dentist or even make it to business school why would I want to play nanny to si gonna?
You sound like a kiddo crying over spilled milk. Did I mentioned to you that some of them are scholars? One was as high as PSC overseas scholarship (teaching).

I last checked the entry requirements that it is easier to get into NBS than nie science. Haha

Shall not engage you already.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,066 Replies, 2,525,269 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,727 Replies, 4,614,906 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
474 Replies, 272,788 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 22,848 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 1,488 Views
Visa Inc
0 Replies, 16 Views
Shopee
0 Replies, 15 Views
Food Panda
1 Replies, 41 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,588 Replies, 7,346,608 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 3,754 Views
DBS Bank
0 Replies, 34 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 86,328 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,667 Replies, 1,281,559 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
181 Replies, 207,984 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,696 Replies, 4,355,443 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
116 Replies, 57,730 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,334 Replies, 573,812 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,007 Replies, 2,502,457 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
627 Replies, 99,524 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
459 Replies, 370,243 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
136 Replies, 100,300 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
84 Replies, 134,343 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 4,479 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
440 Replies, 275,298 Views
Jumping from Stat Board into...
4 Replies, 326 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
127 Replies, 119,403 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,517 Replies, 732,280 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,848 Replies, 608,785 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2