Career as Teacher - Page 291 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2901 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2020, 06:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Because it happens. But the pre-requisite is that the school must trust the geo3 officer enough to stretch their deployment a bit.

First and foremost, the school should not be left worrying about their T&L. Not 100% perfect, but already of a high standard and able to independently reflect and constantly seek self-improvement.

Then they must show ability to handle more things on their plate. Some schools test their promising geo3s by deploying them similarly to a geo4 or 5. This means double committees (including potentially 2ic of one), higher profile committees like student leadership, discipline, exams, etc., key roles in functional comms, CCA head, special programmes coordinators, sending them for cluster/zone/national sharing or to join NLCs.

And we all know that to be promoted, you must show potential to work effectively at the higher level.

In order to get the school to 'overload' a geo3, the school must trust that the young officer has his/her basics down. The basics must come automatically and with less effort compared to a BT. If they are still shaky during lesson obs, resources messy, cannot keep up with T&L responsibilities, tardy with single comm/single CCA work, then they can forget about being over-deployed with the intention of testing their readiness for promotion.
Actually I agree with you to some extent. But in a small school where everyone is stretched to the max and everyone doing leadership roles... is difficult to tell the potential or rather to promote everyone. I knew of those who are being stretched to do leadership roles and stuff are also taking a long time to promote while some I don't know why are lucky to get promoted and maybe doing lesser than those who are given more responsibilities. And everyone's abilities are about the same.

And no all are not scholars. I've seen a colleague taking 2 years to promote and 1 took 10 years to promote. They are of the same age. Both taking leadership roles. So just wondering how they determine and what is the norm from 3 to 4.

Reply With Quote
  #2902 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2020, 01:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Because it happens. But the pre-requisite is that the school must trust the geo3 officer enough to stretch their deployment a bit.

First and foremost, the school should not be left worrying about their T&L. Not 100% perfect, but already of a high standard and able to independently reflect and constantly seek self-improvement.

Then they must show ability to handle more things on their plate. Some schools test their promising geo3s by deploying them similarly to a geo4 or 5. This means double committees (including potentially 2ic of one), higher profile committees like student leadership, discipline, exams, etc., key roles in functional comms, CCA head, special programmes coordinators, sending them for cluster/zone/national sharing or to join NLCs.

And we all know that to be promoted, you must show potential to work effectively at the higher level.

In order to get the school to 'overload' a geo3, the school must trust that the young officer has his/her basics down. The basics must come automatically and with less effort compared to a BT. If they are still shaky during lesson obs, resources messy, cannot keep up with T&L responsibilities, tardy with single comm/single CCA work, then they can forget about being over-deployed with the intention of testing their readiness for promotion.
Are student grades part of the assessment criteria?

Reply With Quote
  #2903 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2020, 07:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face MOE Connect Plan

Hi, I am in my 4th yr with MOE. Due to receive my 1st Connect Plan in Dec. Any idea if the pay out will be together with salary on the 12th or is it at the end of the month? Alao, how do I know how much I will receive? Want to start planning ahead. TIA!

Reply With Quote
  #2904 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2020, 11:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Most of the people with tatt who I know tend to want to flaunt their artwork. If there comes a day when students or parents stumble upon such posts of yours, it will definitely raise an eyebrow. If the tatt is merely for your eyes and you donít particular love social attention, you will be fine. I have a colleague with tatt, not obvious, but she has revealed it a few times. Of course it did become talk of the town, ok exaggerated, but nothing adverse happens.
I see. Thank you for the advice!
Reply With Quote
  #2905 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2020, 07:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I got mine on 19 Dec last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am in my 4th yr with MOE. Due to receive my 1st Connect Plan in Dec. Any idea if the pay out will be together with salary on the 12th or is it at the end of the month? Alao, how do I know how much I will receive? Want to start planning ahead. TIA!
Reply With Quote
  #2906 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2020, 07:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Heard from the grapevine that this year may not even have 13th month. Has that ever happened before?
Reply With Quote

  #2907 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2020, 09:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Heard from the grapevine that this year may not even have 13th month. Has that ever happened before?
So far we have only lost the AVC. If further cuts are to be made, they will be taken from the MVC first, and then the AWS next. So if the MVC is still intact (touch wood), the AWS will still be intact.

The likely outcome is.. no year end AVC, but the rest remains intact.

The best case scenario we can all wish for is a small lump sum payment (maybe a few hundred bucks?) in lieu of the AVC.
Reply With Quote
  #2908 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2020, 11:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default MOE medical checkup

Hi, I am informed that I need to attend a medical checkup by MOE. But no offer yet. Is it uncommon? Normally, companies would offer the contract before asking you to attend medical right?
Reply With Quote
  #2909 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2020, 06:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am informed that I need to attend a medical checkup by MOE. But no offer yet. Is it uncommon? Normally, companies would offer the contract before asking you to attend medical right?
which position is this for?
Reply With Quote
  #2910 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2020, 09:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which position is this for?
Untrained teaching position
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,049 Replies, 3,366,754 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
111 Replies, 130,301 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
243 Replies, 39,597 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,074 Replies, 1,409,210 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,314 Replies, 323,555 Views
Salaries for Tech Product Manager
8 Replies, 2,413 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
387 Replies, 209,913 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,127 Replies, 873,447 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,215 Replies, 6,248,793 Views
What course should I undertake? ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 9,035 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
527 Replies, 152,738 Views
SIA Technical Services / Aerospace... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 9,514 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
181 Replies, 105,778 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
526 Replies, 18,406 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,028 Replies, 1,900,449 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
646 Replies, 481,904 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,137 Replies, 3,952,231 Views
Career of an ERP consultant
2 Replies, 137 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
369 Replies, 296,018 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
190 Replies, 54,692 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 3,465 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,573 Replies, 2,124,143 Views
How much does influencers make...
6 Replies, 771 Views
Where would you invest your money... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 17,244 Views
Advice for a troubled Designer ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 5,153 Views
Third Class Honours/Second Lower... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 28,411 Views
Covid-related job opportunities... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 970 Views
IRAS salary
3 Replies, 216 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,704 Replies, 1,061,686 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2