Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 23-07-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142445)
If you have left MOE, dun look back. They have excess teachers... So much so times have changed.. They dun need you back.

agree. not worth wasting your life here. follow your heart. all the best
wish i could be as courageous as you.

Unregistered 23-07-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142510)
agree. not worth wasting your life here. follow your heart. all the best
wish i could be as courageous as you.

Same.. already worked 15 years how to leave. Sigh, P change everything change, teaching is fine but everything else is a chore. And MOE is so detached from schools. No help is given whatsoever

Unregistered 24-07-2020 01:26 AM

Such despair, MOE has forsaken our blood sweat and tears toiling for our students, running purely on passion. Change needs to happen quickly.

Mr LL 25-07-2020 09:52 AM

Reinstate of salary

Will really appreciate if anyone could advise.

Recently graduated from dip Ed and from August I will emplaced. When I applied I was told I will get my previous salary minimum.

I was an AED for 7 years. Last drawn was $3.5. Went into nie and got $2550.

Now when I look in pac@gov under current salary scale it states my new current gross as $2700. An increase of $150 from my NIE pay.

I’m shocked cause I was told by many officers at the start and along my journey in NIE that I will get my last drawn pay as an AEd.

AED last drawn: $3.5k
Now my curreny salary states: $2.7k.

Emailed HR but to no avail. What can I do?

Anyone experience similar situation?

Thanks guys.
Cheers.

Unregistered 26-07-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr LL (Post 142669)

Recently graduated from dip Ed and from August I will emplaced. When I applied I was told I will get my previous salary minimum.

Now when I look in pac@gov under current salary scale it states my new current gross as $2700. An increase of $150 from my NIE pay.

I’m shocked cause I was told by many officers at the start and along my journey in NIE that I will get my last drawn pay as an AEd.

Thanks guys.
Cheers.

Who are the officers? Hearsay or what? If there is no black and white. Then its too bad.

Unregistered 28-07-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr LL (Post 142669)

Thanks guys.
Cheers.

Not very logical that your pay will drop after upgrading yourself. Try calling HR to enquire?

Unregistered 29-07-2020 02:16 PM

Timeline for informing on outcome of MOE interview

Does anyone know how long it typically takes for MOE to inform whether the outcome is successful or not, after the interview?

Unregistered 30-07-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142920)
Does anyone know how long it typically takes for MOE to inform whether the outcome is successful or not, after the interview?

They have alot of candidates to select from. Long gone were the days when one can become a teacher easily.

Unregistered 30-07-2020 11:51 PM

Cross-level Teachers

Is it true that cross-level Teachers (secondary to primary) will be reassessed and not be promoted for three years?

Unregistered 31-07-2020 11:24 AM

I'm a recent graduate from a local uni (male, FCH) who was offered 3.8k starting pay for contract teaching

Am I being underpaid? I read in this thread that some are already getting 3.9k with just second upper...