Career as Teacher - Page 265 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2641 (permalink)  
Old 23-06-2020, 09:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher View Post
ARO first. Your ARO should be calling for a cascade briefing soon. You should receive either email or whatsapp notification. You can inform him/her then. But most probably they will still ask you to write in to ELD
Thanks for your reply! It's so last min that I received my notice. Just emailed them too, thank you!

Reply With Quote
  #2642 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2020, 10:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hello, in my recent work review, my RO told me that he is grooming me for LH position. Given that I need a min. of GEO4 to go for interview, does this usually mean that my promotion to that rank will be accelerated. E.g., instead of 3-4 years, it will take 2-3 years?

From what I can tell, he is quite overworked and is looking for a deputy to assist. For context, I was just promoted to GEO3 this year. Anyone who was in a similar position? Thank you!

Reply With Quote
  #2643 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2020, 01:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi. I am a NTU graduate and is currently working in an established company for around 8 years. I am considering to do a job change to teaching. I had also given private tuition for 8 years previously, which I had ceased 4 years ago due to work demand. My question is:
1) If I successfully passed the interview and start on a contract teaching scheme, what is the salary figure that I will be expecting?
2) What GEO rank might I be offered given my work and tuition experience?
Thanks.

Reply With Quote
  #2644 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2020, 10:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, in my recent work review, my RO told me that he is grooming me for LH position. Given that I need a min. of GEO4 to go for interview, does this usually mean that my promotion to that rank will be accelerated. E.g., instead of 3-4 years, it will take 2-3 years?

From what I can tell, he is quite overworked and is looking for a deputy to assist. For context, I was just promoted to GEO3 this year. Anyone who was in a similar position? Thank you!
Short answer: no. Assuming your CEP was already at that of LH before he said heís grooming you, the rate of promotion from 3 to 4 would be the same as before. However, if your CEP was only just raised in the last ranking cycle, then yes, the rate of promotion would have increased.

Your promotion from GEO3 to 4 is still very much dependent on your performance and CEP. Iíve heard of people who were promoted from 3 to 4 in consecutive years. But thatís because they obtained a B in the year they were promoted to 3, and we suspect they have high CEP.

If youíre doing the work of an LH this year while in GEO3, thereís a chance youíd be graded B this year. If thatís the case, coupled with higher CEP, then itís possible youíd be promoted to 4 sooner.
Reply With Quote
  #2645 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2020, 02:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 54
JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Short answer: no. Assuming your CEP was already at that of LH before he said heís grooming you, the rate of promotion from 3 to 4 would be the same as before. However, if your CEP was only just raised in the last ranking cycle, then yes, the rate of promotion would have increased.

Your promotion from GEO3 to 4 is still very much dependent on your performance and CEP. Iíve heard of people who were promoted from 3 to 4 in consecutive years. But thatís because they obtained a B in the year they were promoted to 3, and we suspect they have high CEP.

If youíre doing the work of an LH this year while in GEO3, thereís a chance youíd be graded B this year. If thatís the case, coupled with higher CEP, then itís possible youíd be promoted to 4 sooner.
Yup. This is correct. Also, should your RO be overworked, the school may get you to do some LH work as an internal appointment, however, the likelihood of another LH from another school coming in through open/close posting is higher as they would have already had the CEP, GEO grade and experience. Given that you just got promoted to GEO3 as well, the chances of you taking the position within the next few years is quite low. Usually someone would need to be in GEO4 for 1 year at least (fastest I have seen) to be appointed LH officially (not counting internal appointments).

From what I see, the fact that your RO told you this means that he/she feels you are suited for leadership track. So just continue to work your way and be yourself. Once the promotion comes, even if the position opportunity doesn't, there will still be many opportunities elsewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #2646 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2020, 02:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 54
JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi. I am a NTU graduate and is currently working in an established company for around 8 years. I am considering to do a job change to teaching. I had also given private tuition for 8 years previously, which I had ceased 4 years ago due to work demand. My question is:
1) If I successfully passed the interview and start on a contract teaching scheme, what is the salary figure that I will be expecting?
2) What GEO rank might I be offered given my work and tuition experience?
Thanks.
Tuition experience will not affect the GEO rank and salary that will be offered to you. The mid career switch will purely be based on your last job experience and educational qualification.

A bit hard to determine the salary as there are really quite a number of factors (some are unknown to us). But for comparison, I know of some mid-career switches, females, between 5 - 10 years, offered between 3 - 4+k, starting on GEO 3 - 4, again depending on factors unknown. Hope this will be of some reference to you. My suggestion is to just wait for their offer and you can then do your assessment


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #2647 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2020, 10:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Short answer: no. Assuming your CEP was already at that of LH before he said heís grooming you, the rate of promotion from 3 to 4 would be the same as before. However, if your CEP was only just raised in the last ranking cycle, then yes, the rate of promotion would have increased.

Your promotion from GEO3 to 4 is still very much dependent on your performance and CEP. Iíve heard of people who were promoted from 3 to 4 in consecutive years. But thatís because they obtained a B in the year they were promoted to 3, and we suspect they have high CEP.

If youíre doing the work of an LH this year while in GEO3, thereís a chance youíd be graded B this year. If thatís the case, coupled with higher CEP, then itís possible youíd be promoted to 4 sooner.
Hello. OP here. I assume my CEP is unchanged at the default GEO5 since I've only served one year in the service (1 year in GEO2 before being promoted to GEO3 this April with a performance grade of C+).

At the moment, I'm don't think I'm really doing the work of an LH, but I've been given a lot of additional responsibilities in the committees helmed by my RO (e.g., 2IC, main IC of subcommittees that I see are often given to more experienced veterans).

Thanks for sharing guys. Will continue to work hard and learn more for sure, but it would be nice to have something to lookaim towards as well.
Reply With Quote
  #2648 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2020, 11:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello. OP here. I assume my CEP is unchanged at the default GEO5 since I've only served one year in the service (1 year in GEO2 before being promoted to GEO3 this April with a performance grade of C+).

At the moment, I'm don't think I'm really doing the work of an LH, but I've been given a lot of additional responsibilities in the committees helmed by my RO (e.g., 2IC, main IC of subcommittees that I see are often given to more experienced veterans).

Thanks for sharing guys. Will continue to work hard and learn more for sure, but it would be nice to have something to lookaim towards as well.
Is your RO a LH or HOD? They do need justification to raise your CEP to SEO1, so the responsibilities given to you this year can help them justify this.
Reply With Quote
  #2649 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2020, 12:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is your RO a LH or HOD? They do need justification to raise your CEP to SEO1, so the responsibilities given to you this year can help them justify this.
He's the HOD.
Reply With Quote
  #2650 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2020, 12:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

don't join MOE, it's a trap. just go straight to tuition. got my condo at 30 fully paid hehe. you get both passion and money
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
469 Replies, 90,932 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,095 Replies, 2,719,500 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,301 Replies, 5,657,299 Views
Citibank Technology Analyst Program
6 Replies, 3,728 Views
need some info on CNB ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,075 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,818 Replies, 281,249 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,270 Replies, 998,691 Views
How much do you need to retire...
5 Replies, 190 Views
Retiring in Taiwan
0 Replies, 47 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,343 Replies, 1,931,558 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,938 Replies, 1,099,504 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,946 Replies, 3,753,549 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,720 Replies, 1,639,828 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
101 Replies, 32,755 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
99 Replies, 17,879 Views
Ntu sociology degree ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 47,370 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
603 Replies, 461,308 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,740 Replies, 804,770 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,116 Replies, 510,228 Views
Getting funded for university
0 Replies, 77 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 7,821 Views
I need honest advice. Jump to... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 1,843 Views
Advice for "Research Coordinator"...
7 Replies, 4,638 Views
is it crazy to give up a 100k P.A... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 26,139 Views
Corporate Banking Analyst
3 Replies, 412 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
97 Replies, 94,716 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
721 Replies, 219,677 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,650 Replies, 789,680 Views
Submitting My Resume To ST... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 22,998 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,385 Replies, 569,951 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2