Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 09-06-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137485)
Care to share what you mean by basic processes?

Ya, I'm interested to also know what is meant by basic processes.

Unregistered 09-06-2020 11:08 PM

If i rejected MOE 3 times in 6 years will i be blacklisted the next time? They refuse to give me my preferred teaching subject

Unregistered 10-06-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137512)
If i rejected MOE 3 times in 6 years will i be blacklisted the next time? They refuse to give me my preferred teaching subject

Even as a bystander, i will blacklist you.

The reason they did not give you your preferred teaching subject is due to excess teachers in those subjects namely, maths and science.

They are in need of language teachers and primary school teachers

Unregistered 10-06-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Will become harder to be shortlisted for interview again. I went for interview twice and was both rejected. Couldn't get shortlisted again.

It is very difficult to get in these days if you want sec/jc subjects, especially for math and science

Unregistered 10-06-2020 10:03 AM

Hi all,
Anyone here knows when cluster interviews for KP positions are normally held? Issit all yr round?
Thanks!

Unregistered 10-06-2020 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137553)
Hi all,
Anyone here knows when cluster interviews for KP positions are normally held? Issit all yr round?
Thanks!

Twice a year, mid and end.

Unregistered 10-06-2020 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136710)
It's not uncommon for my HOD to forget to schedule these meet-ups, it didn't take place for those of us with the HOD as RO. But the other colleague who's under my new RO did meet up with the new RO for goal-setting; I didn't have any such meeting scheduled.

It doesn't appear to be a last-minute decision, I think they simply forgot to inform me.

Just hope that your RO knows what you are doing since you mentioned that both of you are in the same department. Otherwise, good luck. It is about time to highlight those officers who have not been performing up to standard. Guess who will your RO highlight?

Unregistered 10-06-2020 05:30 PM

Wage adjustment

Just checked PacGov and no salary deduction this month? Anyone else can confirm this?

Unregistered 10-06-2020 05:33 PM

No cut yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135836)
10% MVC cut coming in June announcement.
. Still thinking of promotion increment. Won't be surprised if there isn't promotion increment for next year.

Just checked PacGov and no difference for this month. Maybe to be announced and adjusted next month?

Unregistered 10-06-2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

if you know your subjects are not in demand and there are excess teachers why did you even bother trying a 3rd time within such a short period?