Career as Teacher - Page 236 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Career as Teacher

Old 01-04-2020, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

There are also teachers who started out passionate but due to the politicking, having to clear work unrelated to teaching and various other issues, have become disillusioned and lost their initial passion in teaching.

Once they enter this stage, teaching becomes just a job to them - go there to pass time, do the bare minimum, go home and wait for pay to arrive on the 12th.

But once upon a time, they were not like that. It is saddening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Teachers are honestly the whiniest bunch of people around.

Let’s be honest, very few Teachers joined because they have a passion for teaching. When i was in NTU and i met with people in NIE, here are the few types:

1) (5%) - People with real passion for teaching
2) (50%) - People who flopped in JC, and don’t have the money to go to private Uni to get a sub-par degree or to go overseas to study. LL join NIE
3) (25%) - People with **** degrees (i.e. Lit, Comms, or some crap arts degree) who don’t know what to do and suddenly declare that teaching is their passion. You’ve known them for 2-3 years and they never mentioned teaching. So you know it is a last ditch effort.
4) (20%) - People with good degrees (i.e. Engineering, Business etc), but don’t want to join that field, no good companies will hire them at good pay or they tried those careers and it didn’t work out. Basically looking for a steady paycheck.

(Think about which category you fall in. And no. If you are on this forum posting regularly, you are not in the first category)

Now all these clowns above look at their peers in the private sector and whine about not making more money because they are doing an honourable profession. As long as you have idiots who are willing to join these careers and accept **** pay, the profession is going to pay **** pay. Those from private sectors joining teaching “accepted a pay cut” because that is as high as they will earn in private sector. So they join teaching knowing there will be a steady increment for doing easy work.

Yes! EASY work. People leave companies like Keppel that used to pay 4-6 months bonus to join teaching because the work there was tough and the hours was long. Real long hours. Like 6 days week and daily OT. Leave home at 6am and come home at 8-9pm kind. Teachers whine about working from 6.30am to 6pm? that is what the rest of the population does too. What the rest don’t get is a GUARANTEED period to take leave to go on vacation. If you have kids... WOW! Your vacation time coincides with their school holiday? If your spouse is a teacher, even better! Whole family suka suka go vacation together. I have cancelled multiple vacations cos my company last minute needed me to be around.

People leave other private sector jobs because they did tough jobs out in the real world and compete with people who are HUNGRY! I have colleagues who joined teaching. They are the laziest bunch of paper pushers around. None of them had a “passion”. Let’s be real. In the schools, people whine about some people getting promoted fast. Well you know that these are real people who work real hard. Guess what? In the real world the majority of people are like this. This is what we compete with daily. Remember the saying: “Those who can, DO. Those who can’t, teach.”

I always thought the lazy people who i met in NTU from NIE will grow up and grow to become good Teachers. But honestly, that was a mistake. After a hard day’s work, i look at Instagram and all i see are Teachers whining about their Low pay and their heavy workload. If you have time to post on social media so much, maybe you’re not that busy.

So forgive me for thinking 99% of the Teachers i meet are the laziest, least motivated and lacking in vision kind of people on the planet.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Let’s be honest, very few Teachers joined because they have a passion for teaching. When i was in NTU and i met with people in NIE, here are the few types:

2) (50%) - People who flopped in JC, and don’t have the money to go to private Uni to get a sub-par degree or to go overseas to study. LL join NIE
3) (25%) - People with **** degrees (i.e. Lit, Comms, or some crap arts degree) who don’t know what to do and suddenly declare that teaching is their passion. You’ve known them for 2-3 years and they never mentioned teaching. So you know it is a last ditch effort.
4) (20%) - People with good degrees (i.e. Engineering, Business etc), but don’t want to join that field, no good companies will hire them at good pay or they tried those careers and it didn’t work out. Basically looking for a steady paycheck.

(Think about which category you fall in. And no. If you are on this forum posting regularly, you are not in the first category)

Now all these clowns above look at their peers in the private sector and whine about not making more money because they are doing an honourable profession. As long as you have idiots who are willing to join these careers and accept **** pay, the profession is going to pay **** pay. Those from private sectors joining teaching “accepted a pay cut” because that is as high as they will earn in private sector. So they join teaching knowing there will be a steady increment for doing easy work.

Yes! EASY work. People leave companies like Keppel that used to pay 4-6 months bonus to join teaching because the work there was tough and the hours was long. Real long hours. Like 6 days week and daily OT. Leave home at 6am and come home at 8-9pm kind. Teachers whine about working from 6.30am to 6pm? that is what the rest of the population does too. What the rest don’t get is a GUARANTEED period to take leave to go on vacation. If you have kids... WOW! Your vacation time coincides with their school holiday? If your spouse is a teacher, even better! Whole family suka suka go vacation together. I have cancelled multiple vacations cos my company last minute needed me to be around.

People leave other private sector jobs because they did tough jobs out in the real world and compete with people who are HUNGRY! I have colleagues who joined teaching. They are the laziest bunch of paper pushers around. None of them had a “passion”. Let’s be real. In the schools, people whine about some people getting promoted fast. Well you know that these are real people who work real hard. Guess what? In the real world the majority of people are like this. This is what we compete with daily. Remember the saying: “Those who can, DO. Those who can’t, teach.”

I always thought the lazy people who i met in NTU from NIE will grow up and grow to become good Teachers. But honestly, that was a mistake. After a hard day’s work, i look at Instagram and all i see are Teachers whining about their Low pay and their heavy workload. If you have time to post on social media so much, maybe you’re not that busy.

So forgive me for thinking 99% of the Teachers i meet are the laziest, least motivated and lacking in vision kind of people on the planet.
Sorry to burst your bubble, I've worked in IT. Also seen so many lazy come to work at 10 am long lunch. Attend few meeting do nothing much. All wait for bonus. Then quit when **** hit the fans.

I've join marketing also seen ppl more busy acting than doing real work.

The real hardworking one are those cleaner and hard labor who toil and get **** pay.
Your keppel got 4 to 6 months bonus. You think that bonus is entitled. No dear. Its not what you deserved. It's basically just your pay for those long hours and Saturday half day.

Teachers are honorable le. They are the one who teach the younger generation to come up and graduate and steal our work. So the rest of us can be lazy sit on our high throne office senior pay do nothing.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

thanks for taking the time to post.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
There are also teachers who started out passionate but due to the politicking, having to clear work unrelated to teaching and various other issues, have become disillusioned and lost their initial passion in teaching.

Once they enter this stage, teaching becomes just a job to them - go there to pass time, do the bare minimum, go home and wait for pay to arrive on the 12th.

At every company there will be people like that. But one bad fruit doesn't mean the whole tree is spoiled. I see alot of my colleagues who are passionate about teaching too but sometimes also good to ask questions here.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
So it's a marathon? See who can outlast?
Oh well, since that is the case, I will just wait and do my best in my current role. No point being miserable about it as it will not change the outcome this year. Will just talk to my ro and hope for the best next year.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
geo3 (2015): 3515.00 - 5616.00
Thank you so much!

Old 01-04-2020, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually, parents are most whiniest
Nope. Still Teachers. Parents have jobs and then must come back and deal with Teachers who are half-F-ing around. What do you expect?
Old 01-04-2020, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh well, since that is the case, I will just wait and do my best in my current role. No point being miserable about it as it will not change the outcome this year. Will just talk to my ro and hope for the best next year.
lets update each other here next yr during promotion ya
Old 01-04-2020, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Of course you should have to clear other ‘non-teaching’ related tasks. So does everyone else? You think only Teachers have to do it?

People in other fields do it. Most professional jobs require you to log claims, book your own travel and do other side projects for your boss outside your primary role. Yet Teachers expect to get huge compensation in return?
Old 01-04-2020, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Nope. Still Teachers. Parents have jobs and then must come back and deal with Teachers who are half-F-ing around. What do you expect?
Please, no one asked you to have children if you do not want to go through the hassle of taking care of them and being part of their education. Teacher is there to educate your children during school hours but that does not mean parents just hands off and don't play a part in guiding and educating the children after school hours. Don't think that parenting stops at giving birth and expect to do nothing after that. The fact is that teachers are not with your children 24/7.