Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 14-08-2013 07:13 PM

Hi all,

I just started teaching after graduating from NIE in July. In a school with bad culture and climate and am thinking of getting out.

If I decide to break the bond, would the public service blacklist me? Even if I am able to pay off the LD?

Thanks

Unregistered 15-08-2013 02:41 PM

asking

why bad culture?
Is it a mainstream school or elite school?

Elite schools workload sure a lot more but easy of teaching, and hitting KPI is higher chance.

Mainstream schools workload maybe don't have that much surely, and hitting KPI is really a headache.

wtf 16-08-2013 02:02 PM

you lucky you can get in.

I grad from NUS and I cannot even get in. wtf....
I applied 3 times, all fail. wtf..
government groom me never let me work for them.. end up i cursing wtf here..

confirm some malay auntie sitting behind the computer ah,, anyhow anyhow choose the candidate.. 100%. my friend in MOE says so.

Unregistered 16-08-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtf (Post 41302)

confirm some malay auntie sitting behind the computer ah,, anyhow anyhow choose the candidate.. 100%. my friend in MOE says so.

I'm glad a foul-mouthed racist like you didn't get accepted by MOE.

Unregistered 16-08-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Disgusting. I don't see how you are even teacher material from the way you write and your perception of things. Such a disgrace to the Sg education system to have 'groomed' an 'educated' person like you.

Unregistered 17-08-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Racist prick like you. How dare you insult the NUS name. Loser. Sure you graduated and didn't drop out? Probably some loser with just a pass degree.

Unregistered 17-08-2013 10:18 AM

Anyone able to help me with this query?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41230)
Hi all,

I just started teaching after graduating from NIE in July. In a school with bad culture and climate and am thinking of getting out.

If I decide to break the bond, would the public service blacklist me? Even if I am able to pay off the LD?

Thanks

Unregistered 18-08-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41332)
Anyone able to help me with this query?

It is hard to say if you will be blacklisted or not. I think it depends on the various companies/organisations. It is not favourable to break a bond because future employers would think that you will not be inclined to stay when you get a job or offer you a bonded position. I personally think that this should not affect your job application significantly. If you can show them your capabilities and impress them at interviews, I don't see why they should not employ you.

I personally feel that it would not matter much if you are miserable at your current job. If you are worried that breaking your bond would affect future job application, could you ask for a transfer to another school?

yoda 18-08-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41397)
It is hard to say if you will be blacklisted or not. I think it depends on the various companies/organisations. It is not favourable to break a bond because future employers would think that you will not be inclined to stay when you get a job or offer you a bonded position. I personally think that this should not affect your job application significantly. If you can show them your capabilities and impress them at interviews, I don't see why they should not employ you.

I personally feel that it would not matter much if you are miserable at your current job. If you are worried that breaking your bond would affect future job application, could you ask for a transfer to another school?

I have worked with HR before and the only screenings we have done are for those in the criminal registry and checking if the certificate submissions are genuine or not. But don't take my word for it.

Anyway, I think you should try and change the school you're teaching in. Of course, don't cite the reason of you being too stressed out, think of something else. :D

Unregistered 20-08-2013 12:13 PM

Well, I'm in a school in the west and it's really miserable coming to work daily.

Have seen application forms from statutory boards which ask, "Have you ever broken a bond..."

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoda (Post 41407)
I have worked with HR before and the only screenings we have done are for those in the criminal registry and checking if the certificate submissions are genuine or not. But don't take my word for it.

Anyway, I think you should try and change the school you're teaching in. Of course, don't cite the reason of you being too stressed out, think of something else. :D