Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 05-02-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128526)
You can find their progression chart on their website. But I dont see them sharing the payscale though.

I'm guessing that for MOE Kindergartens, their payscale and progression will be lower and slower as compared to the normal GEO scheme right?

Unregistered 06-02-2020 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128611)
I'm guessing that for MOE Kindergartens, their payscale and progression will be lower and slower as compared to the normal GEO scheme right?

The pay is lower at each roughly equivalent grade. However, progression up the scales and grades is not necessarily slower. You can also be promoted very quickly if you are seen to have high potential.

Unregistered 06-02-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128558)
No. You'll just get the promotion increment.

That sucks. Sigh. . Even my RO dont know. Now I'm freaking pissed.

Unregistered 06-02-2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128634)

This means even if u r promoted... you are essentially being penalised for 2 years where you first got a shitty increment and then missing out on another merit increment even if you are promoted?

Unregistered 06-02-2020 12:44 PM

Why exactly are you pissed? Is unlocking a higher pay ceiling + getting a promotion increment inferior to getting your merit increment?

From personal experience, my previous promotion year increments (about $500, $400) were always larger than standard annual increments. I've never really tried to analyse the exact breakdown; it's really out of our hands anyway (centrally controlled/computed by HR).

If it really bothers you that much, you can always turn down the promotion…

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128634)

Unregistered 07-02-2020 03:45 PM

Am thinking of applying for open posting this year. Any advice? What to prepare? Possible to email SL of the school beforehand? Anyone has experience could advise?

Unregistered 07-02-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128639)
Why exactly are you pissed? Is unlocking a higher pay ceiling + getting a promotion increment inferior to getting your merit increment?

From personal experience, my previous promotion year increments (about $500, $400) were always larger than standard annual increments. I've never really tried to analyse the exact breakdown; it's really out of our hands anyway (centrally controlled/computed by HR).

If it really bothers you that much, you can always turn down the promotion…

I thought u will get the merit increment then later the promotion raise?

Unregistered 08-02-2020 12:36 AM

Anyone applied for the untrained teacher intake that just close on 28th Jan?

Unregistered 08-02-2020 02:52 AM

Corna virus

Let's discuss!

Unregistered 09-02-2020 07:57 AM

I think they should close the school since this morning news announced 7 more infections.. more clusters of infections emerging.. sooner or later will be an issue if schools continue.

We can do online learning or need to, cut into the June / Dec holidays. Just thinking out loud