Career as Teacher - Page 195 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1941 (permalink)  
Old 27-12-2019, 11:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Mid career mother tongue teacher (age 45), after pgde + practicum joined full time teacher. For next year, I have been placed as Form Teacher for P5. Though I am confident to perform well, is it norm for new trained teacher on probation to be posted as Form teacher? What does it augurs for my career?

Reply With Quote
  #1942 (permalink)  
Old 28-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mid career mother tongue teacher (age 45), after pgde + practicum joined full time teacher. For next year, I have been placed as Form Teacher for P5. Though I am confident to perform well, is it norm for new trained teacher on probation to be posted as Form teacher? What does it augurs for my career?
Coz ur wealth of exp, at least 20 years will put you in a good stead fo be form teacher.

I project u to be hod in 5 years and vp in 10.
U can expect to be p in 15, cluster sup in 20.
I expect u to be d in 25 and dge in 30.

Reply With Quote
  #1943 (permalink)  
Old 28-12-2019, 10:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi my husband has a engineering diploma. He has been an engineer after he graduate fr poly. And he is in his 40s now. Do u think he is too old to apply to be a teacher? How much is his expected pay?

Reply With Quote
  #1944 (permalink)  
Old 28-12-2019, 10:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi my husband has a engineering diploma. He has been an engineer after he graduate fr poly. And he is in his 40s now. Do u think he is too old to apply to be a teacher? How much is his expected pay?
He can expect to get slightly more than the indicative range for GEO1 Dip
$1,800 - $2,350.

With his years of exp, probably about 2500.
Reply With Quote
  #1945 (permalink)  
Old 28-12-2019, 10:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
He can expect to get slightly more than the indicative range for GEO1 Dip
$1,800 - $2,350.

With his years of exp, probably about 2500.
Thks for your reply. So he won't get any pay when he's in NIE? And he need to be trained in NIE for 2 yrs?
Reply With Quote
  #1946 (permalink)  
Old 28-12-2019, 02:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thks for your reply. So he won't get any pay when he's in NIE? And he need to be trained in NIE for 2 yrs?
He will be paid while studying in NIE, but he has to serve a bond of 3 years.
Diploma in Ed - 2 years. PGDE - 16 months.
Reply With Quote

  #1947 (permalink)  
Old 28-12-2019, 02:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
He will be paid while studying in NIE, but he has to serve a bond of 3 years.
Diploma in Ed - 2 years. PGDE - 16 months.
He does not have a degree so he can only go for Diploma in Ed? Don't think he can go pdge. So during NIE, he will get abt $2000+ monthly?
Reply With Quote
  #1948 (permalink)  
Old 28-12-2019, 02:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

He does not have a degree, only a poly diploma, so he can only go for Diploma in Ed? Don't think he can go pdge. So during NIE, he will get abt $2000+ monthly?
Reply With Quote
  #1949 (permalink)  
Old 31-12-2019, 02:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
He does not have a degree, only a poly diploma, so he can only go for Diploma in Ed? Don't think he can go pdge. So during NIE, he will get abt $2000+ monthly?
Not sure. Depends on the offer by NIE. Suggest to just go for the interview and see what the outcome is or ask during the interview.
Reply With Quote
  #1950 (permalink)  
Old 31-12-2019, 05:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How long does it take to reach SEO1?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,570 Replies, 1,211,840 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,286 Replies, 1,459,781 Views
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 6,002 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
242 Replies, 72,490 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,867 Replies, 3,642,453 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency...
5 Replies, 520 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program
5 Replies, 602 Views
is computer science a good choice... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 828 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,947 Replies, 2,177,270 Views
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
65 Replies, 13,201 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 11,275 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,080 Replies, 5,264,913 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,675 Replies, 1,008,608 Views
No progression in civil service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 20,102 Views
Apple background check hireright
9 Replies, 472 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
122 Replies, 79,202 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 1,329 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
658 Replies, 324,054 Views
Apple Grading Analyst - Siri
0 Replies, 99 Views
Anyone heard of being a ship... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
76 Replies, 172,041 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
390 Replies, 68,741 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
100 Replies, 120,038 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,080 Replies, 841,602 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,966 Replies, 1,795,686 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
853 Replies, 428,690 Views
Hotel Line Salary
5 Replies, 1,369 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,842 Replies, 866,218 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 5,872 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2