Career as Teacher - Page 190 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1891 (permalink)  
Old 29-11-2019, 03:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It has only been 3 years since your last promotion. Itís not slow. Itís normal for most people. The average promotion timeline for most ppl is 4-5 years. Most ppl will have a CEP of SEO1. If that is your CEP and you count the number of years you have in service, how fast do you think you will be promoted?
SEO 1 is only for Senior teachers where most would retire as happy ordinary teacher where the job grade maxes out at GEO 5.

Reply With Quote
  #1892 (permalink)  
Old 29-11-2019, 03:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My friend a guy within 5 years from geo3 to geo5 then complete his masters within the next 3 years ... next year going to hq liao ...
He wondering when he will be sh what u all think ?
I know of someone who was confirmed as HOD within 6 years from service and cleared his interview as HOD.

He is a scholar and old boy...

That's fast. With such fast promotion, won't be surprised if his cep is principal level.

Reply With Quote
  #1893 (permalink)  
Old 29-11-2019, 07:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 59
JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I know of someone who was confirmed as HOD within 6 years from service and cleared his interview as HOD.

He is a scholar and old boy...

That's fast. With such fast promotion, won't be surprised if his cep is principal level.
Such cases I have heard of before indeed. Highly likely the someone is currently a HOD, at GEO 5. There are actually quite a number of younger potential teachers with higher CEP operating in this role.

Do note that HOD does not equate to immediate promotion to SEO. For this 6 year male, he probably had 1 year GEO 2-3, then 5 years spread out from GEO 3-4 (possibly 2 years here) and 4-5 (3 years). And currently he is in a HOD position while holding GEO 5.

Of course this person will be on a fast (more importantly, guaranteed) track towards SEO tier as not many would be considered for that. But I do know of HODs who feel that they are placed on that role as a GEO 5 and feel jaded after a few years as they have not gotten the SEO 1 promotion yet. It's a lot about managing expectations, whether you like middle management (even SH/LH are expected SEOs but with many GEO 5s holding those positions as well), and if you can handle the politics.

Reply With Quote
  #1894 (permalink)  
Old 30-11-2019, 11:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

now there are more vacancies in pri sch. Going to HQ doesnt guarantee an MM position - it still depends on vacancies, and whether the individual clears his interview.
Reply With Quote
  #1895 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2019, 01:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher View Post
Such cases I have heard of before indeed. Highly likely the someone is currently a HOD, at GEO 5. There are actually quite a number of younger potential teachers with higher CEP operating in this role.

Do note that HOD does not equate to immediate promotion to SEO. For this 6 year male, he probably had 1 year GEO 2-3, then 5 years spread out from GEO 3-4 (possibly 2 years here) and 4-5 (3 years). And currently he is in a HOD position while holding GEO 5.

Of course this person will be on a fast (more importantly, guaranteed) track towards SEO tier as not many would be considered for that. But I do know of HODs who feel that they are placed on that role as a GEO 5 and feel jaded after a few years as they have not gotten the SEO 1 promotion yet. It's a lot about managing expectations, whether you like middle management (even SH/LH are expected SEOs but with many GEO 5s holding those positions as well), and if you can handle the politics.
My progression is similar, just that it took me a year more, 7 years, to reach geo 5 and be appointed hod. I am not a scholar, in fact I didn't do well in uni. I consider myself a farmer, slogging day in day out. Seo? When it comes, it comes. VP? Hard to say, given the high demand and low supply. Progression and appointment have indeed slowed down over the years. Ps tend to follow the guideline when it comes to pushing people up the leadership track.

Politics? Everywhere. When you are in the exco, you will hear and see more ugly sides of things. But you will also be able to set things right. Depending on your character, there are some who are silent worker and chose not to be in the limelight. And there are others who are clearly more dominating and will not hesitate to take you on/down when disagreements happen. At the end of the day, I think one's RO is critical in his/her progression.
Reply With Quote
  #1896 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2019, 05:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone has taken OCA team award before? How much will each person get?
Reply With Quote

  #1897 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2019, 10:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question Salary revision

Hi everyone,

do you think there will be a salary revision anytime soon?
Reply With Quote
  #1898 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2019, 10:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone,

do you think there will be a salary revision anytime soon?
Highly unlikely. Economy is extremely bad. Doubt there would be salary revision even though election is coming. The current salary scheme is considered competitive.
Reply With Quote
  #1899 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone has taken OCA team award before? How much will each person get?
Very little. Around 200+
Reply With Quote
  #1900 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Very little. Around 200+
Thanks a lot !
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
291 Replies, 250,217 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 52,323 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,097 Replies, 1,956,956 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,772 Replies, 1,469,494 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,763 Replies, 1,096,491 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,353 Replies, 6,379,370 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,491 Replies, 1,444,664 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,178 Replies, 902,576 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
223 Replies, 201,616 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
158 Replies, 36,271 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
88 Replies, 94,757 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,510 Replies, 354,598 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
791 Replies, 410,276 Views
Cybersecurity Salaries in...
9 Replies, 3,774 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
614 Replies, 171,265 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
52 Replies, 29,843 Views
26 no degree is all hope lost?...
4 Replies, 215 Views
Capgemini tester trainee ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 1,163 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,892 Replies, 1,292,463 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,855 Replies, 330,528 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 4,263 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,221 Replies, 3,488,156 Views
26 no degree is all hope lost?... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 1,658 Views
How to start a small business ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 3,920 Views
Dillema: University of Melbourne... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 2,026 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
485 Replies, 350,952 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 5,616 Views
Programming and consullting
6 Replies, 1,205 Views
Murex
3 Replies, 1,578 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2