Career as Teacher - Page 184 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1831 (permalink)  
Old 17-09-2019, 12:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can anyone share how long a warning letter delays your promotion? Iím a consistent B-grader (C+ the year after warning letter), but my promotion is delayed.

Looking back, I should have fought against the letter as it the result of something taken out of context.
Fought against the letter?? Then the consequences would be more dire..

This is civil service... Use what to fight where it was found out that you were indeed moonlighting.

Moonlighting aside, you were teaching in a group tuition centre as well..

Reply With Quote
  #1832 (permalink)  
Old 17-09-2019, 03:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fought against the letter?? Then the consequences would be more dire..

This is civil service... Use what to fight where it was found out that you were indeed moonlighting.

Moonlighting aside, you were teaching in a group tuition centre as well..


erm that was not posted by me.. separate person lah lol



SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1833 (permalink)  
Old 18-09-2019, 10:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can anyone share how long a warning letter delays your promotion? Iím a consistent B-grader (C+ the year after warning letter), but my promotion is delayed.

Looking back, I should have fought against the letter as it the result of something taken out of context.
In the first place, there is no hard and fast rule saying when one is going to be promoted (except for the cohort promotion). It doesn't mean that you get B for x number of years and you will definitely be promoted. Promotion depends on CEP too.

I have colleagues who get Bs every year but isn't a KP/ST. The max they can go to is GEO 5. That makes the Geo 4 to 5 a long wait.

My advice is...do your job well. When it comes, it comes. Promotion doesn't add a lot to the monthly salary anyway, and it means more work and if you don't meet the KRA, your appraisal is going to suffer

Reply With Quote
  #1834 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2019, 04:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In the first place, there is no hard and fast rule saying when one is going to be promoted (except for the cohort promotion). It doesn't mean that you get B for x number of years and you will definitely be promoted. Promotion depends on CEP too.

I have colleagues who get Bs every year but isn't a KP/ST. The max they can go to is GEO 5. That makes the Geo 4 to 5 a long wait.

My advice is...do your job well. When it comes, it comes. Promotion doesn't add a lot to the monthly salary anyway, and it means more work and if you don't meet the KRA, your appraisal is going to suffer
My advice is you must be chio girl then be teacher. Wear short skirt go class let students enjoy your body. They will surely do well in your subjects! In this way koi sure hit. And confirm yearly promotion. The teachers here confirm is ugly type thatís why cannot promote.
Reply With Quote
  #1835 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2019, 08:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In the first place, there is no hard and fast rule saying when one is going to be promoted (except for the cohort promotion). It doesn't mean that you get B for x number of years and you will definitely be promoted. Promotion depends on CEP too.

I have colleagues who get Bs every year but isn't a KP/ST. The max they can go to is GEO 5. That makes the Geo 4 to 5 a long wait.

My advice is...do your job well. When it comes, it comes. Promotion doesn't add a lot to the monthly salary anyway, and it means more work and if you don't meet the KRA, your appraisal is going to suffer
Thank you, I greatly appreciate the pragmatic advice!
Reply With Quote
  #1836 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Doing some financial planning...

Given that the MI for C+ and C are the same for GEO3 and GEO4, would the same apply to GEO5?

Geo2
C-:
C:
C+:$60 (prorated)
B:
A:

Geo3
C-:
C: 175
C+: $175- $176
B: $210-$211
A:

Geo4
C-:
C: $192
C+: $192
B: $259- $260
A: $325

Geo5
C-:
C:
C+: $205.20-$216
B: $236
A:

Seo1
C-:
C: $305
C+:
B:
A: 498

Seo2
C-:
C:
C+:
B:
A:

Seo3
C-:
C:
C+:
B:
A
Hi, so just to confirm...if I have been a GEO3 this year, does this mean that if I get an average C grade next year, there will be $175 of annual (merit) increment?
Reply With Quote

  #1837 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2019, 04:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'd treat those figures as a right indication, rather than an actual estimate. I believe your current salary point will likely play a part in this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, so just to confirm...if I have been a GEO3 this year, does this mean that if I get an average C grade next year, there will be $175 of annual (merit) increment?
Reply With Quote
  #1838 (permalink)  
Old 05-10-2019, 04:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If i am at ceiling at Geo 3 and promoted next year... do i get promotion and merit increment or just 1 of them?
Reply With Quote
  #1839 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2019, 04:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If i am at ceiling at Geo 3 and promoted next year... do i get promotion and merit increment or just 1 of them?
You get both, but the merit increment will be a much smaller one than usual.
Reply With Quote
  #1840 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2019, 09:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Yearly Increment

Hi, may I ask what's the rough % yearly increment for GEO 3 officers? I understand that as one climbs up the rank, the % reduces. I remember GEO 2 was like 4-5%.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
113 Replies, 16,173 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,705 Replies, 1,607,045 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,682 Replies, 4,889,326 Views
Freldo Staking*Program
0 Replies, 20 Views
Ways to increase income ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 6,411 Views
Stat board tiers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 20,506 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,363 Replies, 508,099 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 27,292 Views
Civil Service Current Estimated... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 120,913 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
309 Replies, 236,853 Views
Data Science Landscape in SG
0 Replies, 119 Views
Project management
0 Replies, 162 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
848 Replies, 655,748 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,011 Replies, 435,349 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,697 Replies, 750,921 Views
MCI and IMDA ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 2,057 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,839 Replies, 1,246,110 Views
Recession Coming ? IBM just...
3 Replies, 1,406 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
183 Replies, 178,299 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,760 Replies, 1,871,616 Views
Anyone from Ministry of Social and...
6 Replies, 2,951 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,794 Replies, 3,496,659 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
335 Replies, 144,652 Views
Benchmark your monthly income by... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 2,120 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
765 Replies, 730,263 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,605 Replies, 442,873 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
745 Replies, 381,486 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 90,202 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2