Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 12-07-2019 07:15 PM

Always wondered

For those mid career switchers from a corporate life to being a teacher
Could you all share how it’s like?

Is life indeed better? In terms of salary, work life balance and overall satisfaction

Unregistered 12-07-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121580)
anyone knows when contract teachers are paid? just joined 24 jun.

should be the 12 of each month.

no performance bonus but there is mid year, end year and 13th month bonus :)

Unregistered 13-07-2019 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121592)
should be the 12 of each month.

no performance bonus but there is mid year, end year and 13th month bonus :)

didn't (haven't?) get paid this month :/

Unregistered 13-07-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121602)

Call moe main line and ask to be directed to HR or given a call back. As simple as that.

Unregistered 13-07-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121602)

as you started in mid june, your first payment should be in august and pro-rated.

Unregistered 13-07-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121580)
anyone knows when contract teachers are paid? just joined 24 jun.

27 July. Should consist of Jun and Jul salary.

Unregistered 16-07-2019 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121588)
Always wondered

For those mid career switchers from a corporate life to being a teacher
Could you all share how it’s like?

Is life indeed better? In terms of salary, work life balance and overall satisfaction

Hi, I'm a teacher right from the start. I've seen colleagues who switched mid-career. It depends on what the individual wants.

I've seen those who quit and those who stayed. Among the stayers, some become really strong teachers - the kind colleagues love to send their children to. On the other hand... Some become really shitty teachers who continue to stay in service.

Information about teachers' work and life are publicly available through news reports and less reliably, forums like this. Can Google a bit.

The way you phrased your question - is life indeed better - where did you get the information that life is better? From the private sector?

Unregistered 16-07-2019 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121671)
Hi, I'm a teacher right from the start. I've seen colleagues who switched mid-career. It depends on what the individual wants.

I've seen those who quit and those who stayed. Among the stayers, some become really strong teachers - the kind colleagues love to send their children to. On the other hand... Some become really shitty teachers who continue to stay in service.

Information about teachers' work and life are publicly available through news reports and less reliably, forums like this. Can Google a bit.

The way you phrased your question - is life indeed better - where did you get the information that life is better? From the private sector?

such as those that like to see schoolgirls upskirt? the ability to see so many schoolgirls upskirt is the number 1 motivation for me to go to a girls school to teach daily. I will never ever quit my job. i love my teaching job!

Unregistered 16-07-2019 05:05 PM

Opening Posting

Hi

Does anyone here know how the opening posting for HQ position works?
There is only 1 week left before the application period is closed. Can I know if we could still apply if the position is still vacant?

Also after submission, how long does it take before they shortlist for interview?
Is there a chance that one will never be notified if not shortlisted for interview?

How are the interviews schedule like?

Please advise. Thank you.

Unregistered 16-07-2019 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121681)
Hi

Does anyone here know how the opening posting for HQ position works?
There is only 1 week left before the application period is closed. Can I know if we could still apply if the position is still vacant?

Also after submission, how long does it take before they shortlist for interview?
Is there a chance that one will never be notified if not shortlisted for interview?

How are the interviews schedule like?

Please advise. Thank you.

Usually you wouldn’t know if a post has been already filled until you apply for it. For HQ post, someone would usually email you if the position has been already filled. My advice to you is after you apply on HRMS, drop the director/deputy director or the person’s email on HRMS an email. Firstly, this shows your interest and you can find out faster if the position is still vacant.