Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 15-08-2022 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228073)
Anyone knows what’s the demand for fajt for EMS in primary schools like now?

my school always no enough teachers, dont know why.
we relief until siao

Unregistered 15-08-2022 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228139)
my school always no enough teachers, dont know why.
we relief until siao

sounds like a common occurrence everywhere. on the ground fighting manpower shortage, but KPs SLs or other people on top keep saying excess manpower lol. if tio covid during this peak period, will kena Susan also

Unregistered 15-08-2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228159)
sounds like a common occurrence everywhere. on the ground fighting manpower shortage, but KPs SLs or other people on top keep saying excess manpower lol. if tio covid during this peak period, will kena Susan also

ps I meant *tio suan

Unregistered 16-08-2022 02:38 PM

s://.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/moe-teachers-salary-increase-oct-1-retention-plan-payout-2883391

There will be a salary revision for Teachers.

Unregistered 16-08-2022 03:43 PM

Gxgx all yall overworked mf

Anyone rescinding their resignation letter??

Unregistered 16-08-2022 04:05 PM

Must promote to 5A before going SEO?

Unregistered 16-08-2022 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228207)
Must promote to 5A before going SEO?

Tiagong no need, GEO5 can still progress directly to SEO1 if you are KP, Teacher Leader, or HQ officer. GEO5A is for happy ordinary teachers who still chiong and outperform but no leadership position.

But tiagong only ah, don't quote me on this. Get latest info from your Principal.

Unregistered 16-08-2022 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228210)
Tiagong no need, GEO5 can still progress directly to SEO1 if you are KP, Teacher Leader, or HQ officer. GEO5A is for happy ordinary teachers who still chiong and outperform but no leadership position.

But tiagong only ah, don't quote me on this. Get latest info from your Principal.

All Hq officer is at least SEO1 cep is it?

Unregistered 16-08-2022 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228212)
All Hq officer is at least SEO1 cep is it?

Yes, SEO1 CEP is necessary to pursue a posting to HQ as an EO.

Unregistered 16-08-2022 06:09 PM

wonder if they will reveal the new ceiling for the various substantive grades.
otherwise next year when you receive your MI, you might wonder how come only so little.
you didn't perform or reach ceiling?

Unregistered 16-08-2022 06:13 PM

Anyone heard which sub grade get how much increment?

Unregistered 16-08-2022 07:22 PM

My guess is GEO 4 & above only 5%

Unregistered 16-08-2022 07:37 PM

Previous times they increased, SEO grades got the higher increment. This around wonder if it will be the same? Would be far better to increase the lower grades by a higher % to keep them longer, rather than retain those old ones who are already drawing high salary, and would probably stay in service anyway lol

Unregistered 16-08-2022 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228228)
Previous times they increased, SEO grades got the higher increment. This around wonder if it will be the same? Would be far better to increase the lower grades by a higher % to keep them longer, rather than retain those old ones who are already drawing high salary, and would probably stay in service anyway lol

Agree. Seo 5% and Geo 9% make more sense than having the increment the other way around. The Seo graders are already drawing a higher income, and with the entire profession having a bottleneck situation, it would be wiser to entice the more junior grade officers to stay with a higher increment.

Unregistered 16-08-2022 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228229)
Agree. Seo 5% and Geo 9% make more sense than having the increment the other way around. The Seo graders are already drawing a higher income, and with the entire profession having a bottleneck situation, it would be wiser to entice the more junior grade officers to stay with a higher increment.

You forgot about the AEDs and MK. I’m pretty sure they will get the 10% and EOs get the 4%. Usually the case where the lower grades get a higher percentage cos their gross is quite a lot less. The 10% May in reality be still less than a GEO’s 4%

Unregistered 16-08-2022 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228229)

If you go strictly by weight of responsibilities, SEO should get higher increment. The pay jump upon assuming management responsibilities is not really competitive with the private sector yet.

I am a GEO myself and of course I hope I get more for myself and fellow HOTs. But we all also know how junior KP roles are sometimes seen as 'not worth it': little bit of extra $$$ for a ****load of extra responsibility.

Unregistered 16-08-2022 08:19 PM

Just wondering... as of this year, I have hit my GEO5 ceiling.

Will I then be enjoying the 5-10% payrise?

As in... would the payrise of 5-10% apply to the ceilings too?

Unregistered 16-08-2022 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228239)
Just wondering... as of this year, I have hit my GEO5 ceiling.

Will I then be enjoying the 5-10% payrise?

As in... would the payrise of 5-10% apply to the ceilings too?

Yes. Service-wide salary revision means that entire payscales are shifted up.

Unregistered 16-08-2022 08:41 PM

Hi everyone, just curious how’s work review session for you all?

Unregistered 16-08-2022 08:59 PM

hi, i saw the salary bands for the different grades in a 2016 post.

is there a more updated one?

Unregistered 16-08-2022 09:03 PM

I'm sure everyone is thankful for the adjustment. Hopefully no boomer KP or SL will use this as a reason to increase workload further...

Unregistered 16-08-2022 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228247)
hi, i saw the salary bands for the different grades in a 2016 post.

is there a more updated one?

Don't think there were any changes since then…

After the 2022 changes kick in, we can start trying to update again… if there's no chart provided, might need to crowdsource (e.g. on this platform?)

Unregistered 16-08-2022 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228252)
Don't think there were any changes since then…

After the 2022 changes kick in, we can start trying to update again… if there's no chart provided, might need to crowdsource (e.g. on this platform?)

Nowadays HRP also cannot see. Afaik, the exact salary ranges are now only presented on promotion letters. So we might have to wait until Apr 2023 to get the information from new promotees.

Wonder if anyone will hit 5A in Apr 2023...

Unregistered 16-08-2022 11:42 PM

Can see the salary range in your salary revision letters

Unregistered 17-08-2022 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228256)
Nowadays HRP also cannot see. Afaik, the exact salary ranges are now only presented on promotion letters. So we might have to wait until Apr 2023 to get the information from new promotees.

Wonder if anyone will hit 5A in Apr 2023...

Ah, okay! Do Oct promotions still exist? We might be able to see some info trickle in, if so…

(Congrats in advance! 😂)

Unregistered 17-08-2022 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228278)
Ah, okay! Do Oct promotions still exist? We might be able to see some info trickle in, if so…

(Congrats in advance! 😂)

I've only ever seen cohort promotions (for NSmen beginning teachers) happen in Oct. I don't remember seeing others being promoted in this window in the last 10 years.

Unregistered 17-08-2022 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228279)
I've only ever seen cohort promotions (for NSmen beginning teachers) happen in Oct. I don't remember seeing others being promoted in this window in the last 10 years.

I used to get my promotions in Oct. Never understood why… hit GEO5 in 2015.

Unregistered 17-08-2022 10:48 PM

I saw a few non cohort oct promotions..

But tt was quite a number of years back.

Unregistered 18-08-2022 09:32 AM

Those who managed to get the GEO 5A promotion, do post the salary ceiling for that. =)

Unregistered 18-08-2022 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228267)
Can see the salary range in your salary revision letters

What is this salary revision letter? Is it only wen promoted then will get?

Unregistered 18-08-2022 09:20 PM

s://singaporeuncensored.com/guy-gf-works-15-hours-a-day-as-a-teacher-and-only-sleeps-4-5-hours-each-day/

Unregistered 19-08-2022 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228440)
s://singaporeuncensored.com/guy-gf-works-15-hours-a-day-as-a-teacher-and-only-sleeps-4-5-hours-each-day/

Iz true moi is her RO

sinkingfeeling 19-08-2022 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228440)

At least got iron rice bowl. :(

Unregistered 19-08-2022 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling (Post 228470)
At least got iron rice bowl. :(

Stop this ****. If you think it is so good and so easy, come join us. It's not the toughest job in the world, there are plenty of tougher jobs, but stop invalidating teachers' struggles with this "at least you still got..." nonsense.

observing 19-08-2022 04:57 PM

pay rise

many who're critical of teacher's pay rise are simply envious, because:

1) MOE rejected their application to become teachers
2) they alr left the education service
3) their current jobs will not be able to offer similar pay rise
4) they're SME owners/bosses

the capable and competent non-teachers would not feel jealous and view the pay rise as unfair, because they know that in current inflationary environment, their pay would eventually be increased too, if it hasnt increased already. usually when there's an increase of pay involving a big number of the workforce, there'll be spillover effects on other industries/service/statboards as well.

as usual, many SME owners/bosses will complain about being squeezed due to rising costs/rentals etc, hence not able to offer more competitive salary. they're the ones making the biggest noise, despite paying themselves quite a handsome bit.

but thats life, unfortunately

Unregistered 19-08-2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by observing (Post 228533)
as usual, many SME owners/bosses will complain about being squeezed due to rising costs/rentals etc, hence not able to offer more competitive salary. they're the ones making the biggest noise, despite paying themselves quite a handsome bit.

Mad Delane Lim vibes here, lol. Can't afford to hire quality workers at market prices, suddenly it becomes the workers' fault for expecting market-level salaries and market-level benefits. Not sure how businessmen survive in the modern day with such stone age mindsets.

Unregistered 20-08-2022 02:23 PM

Just curious, what are HOD / SH Special Projects and what do they do? Like is it a HOD without portfolio just like the ministers in PMO

Unregistered 20-08-2022 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228589)
Just curious, what are HOD / SH Special Projects and what do they do? Like is it a HOD without portfolio just like the ministers in PMO

Whole school level Projects such as homecoming dinner, speech / awards day and so on

Unregistered 20-08-2022 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228591)
Whole school level Projects such as homecoming dinner, speech / awards day and so on

Sounds like glorified event planner 🙃

Unregistered 21-08-2022 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228621)
Sounds like glorified event planner 🙃

Better than making normal teachers lead the functional committees, no? We always say that side projects suck away our time, we're not paid enough for all this sai kang, bla bla. And it really is a lot of extra work. Making it a formal part of someone's portfolio helps to adequately recognise and compensate them for their work.