Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 25-01-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 32713)
yup i am giving tuition already.. earning $600 a month..

enough to break even with my expenses.. food $200.. transport $100.. phone bills $100..

Single phone bill? Why is it so high?

Unregistered 26-01-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 32715)
Single phone bill? Why is it so high?

Dude my phone bill by default 59.90 plan so plus gst already 70. I put 100 coz you know confirm got unplanned expenses ma... Sometime here overshot a bit or there under budget a bit

Unregistered 28-01-2013 09:08 PM

I went to find mp at meet the people session to help me get in teacher job. For your info I have a degree from nus and I have passed the IELTS test.

You know what happened? The assistant at there assisted me with my mp letter. The fcuking best part is he tell me to go teach private school.. Pay is higher and the welfare is better can even go overseas to enrich my private teaching career.. I was thinking what the fcuk! I am there to seek help to get in moe and you are telling me to go teach private!?!?

Unregistered 29-01-2013 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 32783)
I went to find mp at meet the people session to help me get in teacher job. For your info I have a degree from nus and I have passed the IELTS test.

You know what happened? The assistant at there assisted me with my mp letter. The fcuking best part is he tell me to go teach private school.. Pay is higher and the welfare is better can even go overseas to enrich my private teaching career.. I was thinking what the fcuk! I am there to seek help to get in moe and you are telling me to go teach private!?!?

Assistant only give u advise in case you dunno the benefits mah. Why you so sensitive? Is it because you got no honours thats y MOE ignore your application?

Unregistered 29-01-2013 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 32790)
Assistant only give u advise in case you dunno the benefits mah. Why you so sensitive? Is it because you got no honours thats y MOE ignore your application?

Hi, listen to yourself. You said in case he does not know the benefits? Just listen to yourself.

Unregistered 30-01-2013 04:02 AM

LOL $600 a month.... An undergrad who's giving part time tuition can easily earn $1000 a month. Perhaps even more. If you want to get somewhere in life, you have to put in some effort. And, just because you're jobless, you want to write in to PM Lee?? Frankly speaking, I don't think you're doing much about your situation other than complaining and acting like a complete fool. If you really want to be a teacher, you can apply for relief teaching or even contract teaching. With that attitude of yours, I doubt you'll go far in life...

To put in bluntly, wake up your ****ing idea lah.

waitingwaiting 30-01-2013 06:46 AM

MOE Interview

Hi all,

I have applied for a teaching role with MOE on 7 Jan via their portal, till today, I have yet to receive any update from MOE.

Any of you guys know how long MOE usually takes to get back to applicants?

Unregistered 30-01-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 32791)
Hi, listen to yourself. You said in case he does not know the benefits? Just listen to yourself.

People give you friendly advice you take it as an insult.

How to be a teacher like that, with a bad attitude and short temper?

Remain jobless lah, useless crap.

Unregistered 06-02-2013 02:53 PM

MOE Interview

Quote:

Originally Posted by waitingwaiting (Post 32808)
Hi all,

I have applied for a teaching role with MOE on 7 Jan via their portal, till today, I have yet to receive any update from MOE.

Any of you guys know how long MOE usually takes to get back to applicants?

Me too. Are you a local grad with honours?

waitingwaiting 11-02-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33055)
Me too. Are you a local grad with honours?

Hi. yes, i'm local grad with honours, still no news from them yet, called and ask, they said still processing.

when did you apply? any news from them yet?