Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Old 06-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If what u said is true, that HR STAFF should be fired or given a warning for such misleading statement in my opinion.. it's really unprofessional.. maybe u too handsome that she share so much with u, worse is u didn't even got hired and yet she treat u like own ppl and anyhow blabber.. and I doubt her as a HR have access or even participate in the promotion assessment, end of the day, it's probably a baseless heresay

Isn't it hilarious that reservist could hinder promotion (maybe private sector especially those sales or quota one.. I can see it happening) but coming from MINDEF who is the one calling for reservist and DXO is under MINDEF, if they do that, aren't they slapping their own face?? Even if it's true, it's not something to publicise anyway.. imagine the outrage coming from ppl working in the private sector..

U should tell the HR STAFF to only shortlist female instead (but oops maybe old one.. since young one can always get married eventually and go for maternity leave and isnt the leave getting a review and getting longer..) and even if those fresh male grads in 20s also must go for reservist if they are eligible..

I think promotion is easier, if more high ranked that does nothing leaves the force and free out the position they are hogging on..
hi sir, thanks for your reply. I think you may have misread my statement somewhere. What i meant was that I am concerned since i will complete perhaps only 8 cycles, compared to other people's 10 cycles by the time I'm 40, I may be "marked down" because I did less cycles. Something like "oh u only do 7 or 8 cycle ah? wasted sia, this next pay grade only people who do full 10 cycle can get la, wasted"

Not "have to apply leave and go reservist so mark you down"

hope this clears it up

Old 06-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by helppppp View Post
Hi all. I am scheduled for the PT on this coming Thurs. Read through many posts and saw that most people mentioned the same 3 sections - verbal reasoning, raven matrices (patterns) and personality test. But somewhere in between (2016 June specifically) there were people talking about sections with sudoku. Kinda stressed out about the conflicting info as it is my first ever PT and I want to be prepared for the test as far as possible.
that PT test is damn old school la. at least 10 15 years no change i reckon. still use pencil and manual shade one.

Old 07-03-2017, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi sir, thanks for your reply. I think you may have misread my statement somewhere. What i meant was that I am concerned since i will complete perhaps only 8 cycles, compared to other people's 10 cycles by the time I'm 40, I may be "marked down" because I did less cycles. Something like "oh u only do 7 or 8 cycle ah? wasted sia, this next pay grade only people who do full 10 cycle can get la, wasted"

hope this clears it up
Oh, sorry made a mistake haha.

i only know that u wont be able to get those welfare like milestones bonus to ur CPF account for completing all the cycle, ord bonus if applicable, clear how many high etc.. (cant rmb exact, since it would come when im eligible for..)

(and that HR is even more weird to think that could hinder the progress of promotion, what that got to do??).. anyway there's no way to faster clear your cycle? there's a maximum number of call up days they can call u for in a year.. its not like even if i am willing, i have a option to clear all 10cycles in 6months..

Old 08-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Anyone can advise if there's a chance I might get in? Final year student with first class grades but received a police warning letter in 2011 for something stupid, no criminal record, no charges or conviction.

Please advise me. Thanks in advance
Old 09-03-2017, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

hope this clears it up
HAHAHAHAHAH. This is really quite funny!!!

The straight answer is NO!, your salary or promotion opportunity is strictly results/performance based. Your reservist cycle will not affect your chance.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

Can I ask those who have done ranking/promotion in MINDEF this question?

If I have gotten 3 Band II (or 'B' equivalent) in my performance ranking cycles consecutively, is there any reason if I do not get promoted?

Old 09-03-2017, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh, sorry made a mistake haha.

i only know that u wont be able to get those welfare like milestones bonus to ur CPF account for completing all the cycle, ord bonus if applicable, clear how many high etc.. (cant rmb exact, since it would come when im eligible for..)

(and that HR is even more weird to think that could hinder the progress of promotion, what that got to do??).. anyway there's no way to faster clear your cycle? there's a maximum number of call up days they can call u for in a year.. its not like even if i am willing, i have a option to clear all 10cycles in 6months..
Haha i see. Thanks for your input
Old 09-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

What's the salary range like for a mid careerist with 10 yrs of working experience and a pass degree?
Old 09-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Can I ask those who have done ranking/promotion in MINDEF this question?

If I have gotten 3 Band II (or 'B' equivalent) in my performance ranking cycles consecutively, is there any reason if I do not get promoted?
That is just one baseline criteria for promotion in the civil service. But it is not a gaurantee. Many often forget the other criteria - there needs to be a vacancy in the grade above yours in order to be promoted. Otherwise, you get 3 consecutive As but there is no vacancy above you will never get promoted. #truestory
Old 10-03-2017, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
That is just one baseline criteria for promotion in the civil service. But it is not a gaurantee. Many often forget the other criteria - there needs to be a vacancy in the grade above yours in order to be promoted. Otherwise, you get 3 consecutive As but there is no vacancy above you will never get promoted. #truestory
Sorry I didnt give more background but my job is a DX9-11 and I am a DX10. That means, i can still be promoted up to a DX11 in the same job. So its not about being promoted and taking on a vacated job above mine.

Just wondering, if i meet the performance grading for 3 consecutive years and can still be promoted within the same job, any reason if i do not get it this year?

hmm...