Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Old 19-05-2021, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, it was two directors and myself. It was quite an enjoyable chat, if I had to be honest. The only thing I felt I did not do well was to be prepared to ask questions. Fresh grad + nerves + not really knowing MINDEF meant that there was not much I thought about asking too. Thinking that may have counted against me if anything.

Rela lah, 3 days is too short, if they have other candidates. you can ask the HR in a weeks time if you still heard nothing. They are quite transparent if they have other candidates or doing something else.

Old 19-05-2021, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
No, it was two directors and myself. It was quite an enjoyable chat, if I had to be honest. The only thing I felt I did not do well was to be prepared to ask questions. Fresh grad + nerves + not really knowing MINDEF meant that there was not much I thought about asking too. Thinking that may have counted against me if anything.
Sounds good though. Based on my experience, they would assess you based on the whole session so you need not worry about whether you have asked “quality” questions. What role is this if you don’t mind me asking?

Old 19-05-2021, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Sounds good though. Based on my experience, they would assess you based on the whole session so you need not worry about whether you have asked “quality” questions. What role is this if you don’t mind me asking?
Thanks, I'm hoping for the best. Not sure if I can divulge the office explicitly but it's to do with policy work. It's been a job I've wanted to take on since my uni days but to be frank, I'm grateful to have advanced this far into the selection process.

Old 19-05-2021, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Rela lah, 3 days is too short, if they have other candidates. you can ask the HR in a weeks time if you still heard nothing. They are quite transparent if they have other candidates or doing something else.
Thanks for your advice. The interview rounds went by very quickly--was informed that I had progressed to the next rounds within two business days--so this three-day wait is making me nervous haha.
Old 19-05-2021, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I seee, was it a manager related position?
Old 19-05-2021, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi able to share timeline on your application process? (: congrats on making it this far!

Old 19-05-2021, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I seee, was it a manager related position?
Hi there, yes it is. Although I'm sure I'll be pegged to Asst Mgr if I do get the job.
Old 19-05-2021, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi able to share timeline on your application process? (: congrats on making it this far!
Hi there, I applied in late January. Was asked to send in further documents in late February and then had to complete an essay test within 24 hours in late March. In late April, they invited me to an interview, which I went for in the first week of May. After that things moved very quickly. Received a shortlist notification within two days and went for a second interview that same week Friday. The following Monday they notified me of my unit preview, which I went for last Friday. Am waiting for HR to give me a verbal offer now, but the wait is making me nervous haha.

This timeline was for the office I applied for at least; not sure how those of other positions might be different. From what I have gathered in this forum, each office within MINDEF has its own hiring timelines.
Old 19-05-2021, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi there, I applied in late January. Was asked to send in further documents in late February and then had to complete an essay test within 24 hours in late March. In late April, they invited me to an interview, which I went for in the first week of May. After that things moved very quickly. Received a shortlist notification within two days and went for a second interview that same week Friday. The following Monday they notified me of my unit preview, which I went for last Friday. Am waiting for HR to give me a verbal offer now, but the wait is making me nervous haha.

This timeline was for the office I applied for at least; not sure how those of other positions might be different. From what I have gathered in this forum, each office within MINDEF has its own hiring timelines.
thank you for the really detailed reply!! Really appreciate it as I am also a fresh grad who applied for DXO. Wishing you all the best for securing this job role ! (:
Old 19-05-2021, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Hi!! It seems like you are really close, I wish you all the best! I was wondering whether you are able to share what the essay test entailed and how should I prepare for it? Also, do you know whether they look out for a specific background? I come from a non social science background (UK uni, engineering) but the role I applied for is related to strategic defence planning and a bit of ops. If you don’t mind sharing, what’s your background? (Local or overseas uni, major) thanks in advance!