Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Old 14-12-2020, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I an waiting for an invitation for the unit preview. Can I check how soon did it take for HR to contract you after the video interview ?
they contacted me 3-4 days after the video interview. good luck!

Old 15-12-2020, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
they contacted me 3-4 days after the video interview. good luck!
How long does your video interview last?
Went any psychometric test?

Old 15-12-2020, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Question

Anyone completed security clearance and got an official offer in recent months? How long did it take from the final interview?

Old 15-12-2020, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Default A confused applicant.

Hi All,

Just want to seek any experienced DXO's opinion for my current situation (might be a bit confusing):

1) After applying for the position, got shortlisted for written test and video interview (there are 2 hiring managers for 2 Camps).
2) A day after the the video interview (pretty shocked on the fast response), one of the hiring manager got back and invited me to the unit preview, which I already went (at the subsequent week). Didnt really really receive any verbal offer on that day but the hiring manager did ask me to give them my final thoughts (whether I am interested or not in the job after the preview) within 1 day after the unit preview. I replied within the day to the hiring manager after the unit preview that I was still interested after the visit.
3) Waited a few days after my first unit preview, the second camp hiring manager also invited me down for a unit preview.
4) Confused, I contacted HR since I had verbally express my interest in joining the first camp and then I understood from the HR that I was not selected for the first camp I went to (understood from the 1st site preview that there are actually 2 more candidates beside me) thus advise me to go ahead for my 2nd camp's invite.

May I ask
1) Is the 2nd camp's invite merely to close up the process? Because this second one came after I already went for the first one. Meaning that I probably was not the first choice for this 2nd camp and they might have already selected someone they want?

2) Do they invite all potential candidates to the unit preview before they make a decision? Or do they stop at a particular candidate once they deem him/her to be suitable?
Old 15-12-2020, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Default A confused applicant.

Hi All,

Trying to seek some experienced DXO's opinion:

Backstory:

1) Completed written test and video interview with 2 hiring managers from 2 different camps.
2) A day after the interview (shocked that it is so fast), one of the hiring manager contacted me to go for a unit preview at the subsequent week, which I went.
3) Didnt receive a verbal offer but the hiring manager did tell me to give them a reply by the end of tomorrow whether I am still interested in the position after the unit preview. (During the unit preview, i understand from the hiring manager that there are 2 more candidates beside me).
4) I replied to them within the day itself that I am interested.
5) A few days after the unit preview, the 2nd camp's hiring manager also invited me down to do a unit preview.
6) Feeling confused, I emailed the HR to check for a status on the first camp i went to. I was then told that I did not get selected by the first camp and thus should proceed with the second camp's invite.

Question:
1) Since i did not get invited to the 2nd camp first, does that mean that i was not their first choice?
2) Is the second camp's invite merely to close-out the process? Meaning that they already have someone they want but they just have to go through all the applicants?
3) Do they generally invite all candidates down or they will stop once they find a suitable candidate?
Old 15-12-2020, 03:55 PM
Ambition

Wink

Quote:
Hi All,

Backstory:

1) Completed written test and video interview with 2 hiring managers from 2 different camps.
2) A day after the interview (shocked that it is so fast), one of the hiring manager contacted me to go for a unit preview at the subsequent week, which I went.
3) Didnt receive a verbal offer but the hiring manager did tell me to give them a reply by the end of tomorrow whether I am still interested in the position after the unit preview. (During the unit preview, i understand from the hiring manager that there are 2 more candidates beside me).
5) A few days after the unit preview, the 2nd camp's hiring manager also invited me down to do a unit preview.
6) Feeling confused, I emailed the HR to check for a status on the first camp i went to. I was then told that I did not get selected by the first camp and thus should proceed with the second camp's invite.

Question:
1) Since i did not get invited to the 2nd camp first, does that mean that i was not their first choice?
2) Is the second camp's invite merely to close-out the process? Meaning that they already have someone they want but they just have to go through all the applicants?
3) Do they generally invite all candidates down or they will stop once they find a suitable candidate?
You are trying to ask, how high are your chances. Cast your net wide and keep your options open.
To meet all or meet one, it's prerogative of each unit.

You can ask your questions to the interviewer. Men in uniform either say the truth or don't say anything. You will get your answers.

Old 15-12-2020, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Lightbulb

Quote:
Hi All,

Backstory:

Question:

1) possible that you are not the first choice. many factors in play here. could be their first choice rejected them, or they want to have more options before deciding on who to hire. or the 2nd one was just slow in deciding who to invite as he/she was busy. (my unit preview delayed 2 weeks as she was on leave)
2) Nope. The hiring manager will only invite those he/she is interested in to the unit preview. they will not go thru all applicants and waste time.
3) same qn as 2.

as what the other person said, ask directly and you will get answers. i myself asked if i was the first choice/only choice.
Old 15-12-2020, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
How long does your video interview last?
Went any psychometric test?
about 30mins? no PT but there was a written assessment though.
Old 16-12-2020, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
about 30mins? no PT but there was a written assessment though.
Have you received any update from HR on a verbal offer?
Old 16-12-2020, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Have you received any update from HR on a verbal offer?
not yet. have you? what's the norm to receive any update from them?