Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Old 24-02-2019, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

Cool Don't lose hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, been a week since my interview and still no news. Saw many posts saying how they called back within days if successful. So I suppose it's a no-go?
I agree. Don't lose hope, but on the flip side don't put all your eggs in one basket. Don't reject other good offers. If one comes along, grab it. After all Mindef still needs u to go for site preview which is round 3, after round 2 of IV with the commander. After that still have round 4 which is clearance. Clearance you cannot control, so just pray. Sometimes people already worked 3 months at another company then Mindef invite to sign on the dotted line.possible especially if you are second choice and the first choice candidate really took their sweet time to consider and reject.

I know of someone who waited 3 weeks between IV and site. Commander said he was overseas duty for 2 weeks.

Old 25-02-2019, 06:43 PM
confused ..

Default personal particulars form for dxo

guys,as we all know this is army so cfm need follow black and white clearly when filling up information etc. so for the personal particulars form that we fill up when we apply dxo (the 10 pages form), the top put "use NA when applicable" and below that line states clearly ,"NO SPACE IS TO BE LEFT BLANK"

So there is this field to be filled up for the family members part, "name, address, dob, employer name etc", they gave 6 times of this to be filled up but i only have 3 family member. So for the extra 3 field, i just put in NA for the name, address,dob etc? technically im not wrong right? i followed instructions. There are other parts i did this too.

Next, there is this part where it needs name of employer, address, designation but the things is all my part time job is like 10 years ago almost. and i dont even know whose the employer and his/her name, or even have his personal address or contact number,designation.. like that how?

can just put the organization name as employer name? and the company address as the address . need to be so specific for the form?
i scared the form is used for clearance stage and if i not specific enough, wont be cleared.

Old 26-02-2019, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

Default My Humble opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused .. View Post
guys,as we all know this is army so cfm need follow black and white clearly when filling up information etc. so for the personal particulars form that we fill up when we apply dxo (the 10 pages form), the top put "use NA when applicable" and below that line states clearly ,"NO SPACE IS TO BE LEFT BLANK"

So there is this field to be filled up for the family members part, "name, address, dob, employer name etc", they gave 6 times of this to be filled up but i only have 3 family member. So for the extra 3 field, i just put in NA for the name, address,dob etc? technically im not wrong right? i followed instructions. There are other parts i did this too.

I just delete since I don't have so many members. Made it to the interview, don't worry.

Next, there is this part where it needs name of employer, address, designation but the things is all my part time job is like 10 years ago almost. and i dont even know whose the employer and his/her name, or even have his personal address or contact number,designation.. like that how?
If you want to indicate that you know a thing or two, you must at least have a document showing length of service such as payslip. Person to contact not crucial as nowadays no such thing as long service. Put the office general hotline and the person who supervised you. Call and reach a dead end person not working is also OK.

can just put the organization name as employer name? and the company address as the address . need to be so specific for the form?
i scared the form is used for clearance stage and if i not specific enough, wont be cleared.
Clearance is more towards citizenship and criminal records. Usually not includes work related records unless there's red flag.

If they want you they will ask. If they don't want how perfect also no use. HR does not decide hiring, your commander does. MINDEF HR shortlist, checks and arrange meeting of your new boss.

My humble opinion.

Old 26-02-2019, 03:10 AM
Unregistered 2

okay thanks, i guess i will delete the extra fields of family personal particulars before i print out, and for the assets part,i dont delete it,i just leave it blank rather than put NA on it or delete the WHOLE PART. think they wont bother so much also.

i now practicing for sudoku, jialat, i take around 20 mins to solve 1..

i read on someone blog that they are given 20 sudoku to do and see how many sudoku they can complete in 5 MINUTES? The online sodokus that i've tried, even the EASIEST mode i take 20 min sia for. Unless cmpb version have alot blanks already field in,only got few numbers to fill in.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 26-02-2019, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered 2 View Post
okay thanks, i guess i will delete the extra fields of family personal particulars before i print out, and for the assets part,i dont delete it,i just leave it blank rather than put NA on it or delete the WHOLE PART. think they wont bother so much also.

i now practicing for sudoku, jialat, i take around 20 mins to solve 1..

i read on someone blog that they are given 20 sudoku to do and see how many sudoku they can complete in 5 MINUTES? The online sodokus that i've tried, even the EASIEST mode i take 20 min sia for. Unless cmpb version have alot blanks already field in,only got few numbers to fill in.

Print out? For years already we can just email.

Buddy I'm not sure if sudoku is relevant. The PT is on reasoning (patterns) , interpretation of English sentences (comprehension) and personality profiling (can't practice)

Reasoning is where PT filters 90% of weaker profiles. To complete, you only have 1 second at each pattern. The next challenge is how many are correct. Don't just dwell on this though, practice comprehension too. The level is equivalent of a university entrance test.

Maybe sudoku was an extra test given at the next stage by the commander.

May the odds be always in your favor.
Old 26-02-2019, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

60 questions 30 mins, even distribution means 30 seconds for each, however some are much more difficult than others, go as fast as you can. The invigilator will inform the class that it's designed that most will not finish. It is true, but you can try.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:11 PM
Ambition

Default Cep

Since this forum is anonymous I think people are more willing to be share.

I see a lot of mention of mx12, mx14.. Is this mx after dx, or is this the CEP grade?

How is CEP graded (div II III, mx 11a mx 14, grade 7 8 9....)and what is the range to be considered good for farmers with pass degree with solid relevant experience for the job

I understand that dx grade means room for growth. So some jobs are dx9, some dx9-10. However I also read that appointment means dollars n cents. Grade is superficial. What does appointment mean. Does it mean a team leader at dx9b gets more than a farmer at dx9p? So there is clearly an allowance if you volunteer for all the extra responsibilities? Or simple means PB is more?

I am hungry to do well despite many slamming the system, HR refuses to answer but I need direction and goal. Basically HR is sending a signal that farmers should not have goals n aims, just take salary n be happy.

Degree holder no honours with around 10 years of relevant experience. Under 40 yo with NS. Thank you for the quality advice.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:23 PM
Ambition

what does CEP look like? is it 7, 8, 9, or it mx 11a 12, 14, or div II, III?

HR is very tight-lipped about CEP, sends the message that DXO should just be a farmer and not be ambitious. Yet when talking about promotions, they are very excited to talk about the opportunity to seek opportunities through the system.

to me, it means, u can play around when u r sian, but don't think of climbing.

Since this forum is anonymous, please, advise. I appreciate it.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

Default 2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
Since this forum is anonymous I think people are more willing to be share.

I see a lot of mention of mx12, mx14.. Is this mx after dx, or is this the CEP grade?

How is CEP graded (div II III, mx 11a mx 14, grade 7 8 9....)and what is the range to be considered good for farmers with pass degree with solid relevant experience for the job

I understand that dx grade means room for growth. So some jobs are dx9, some dx9-10. However I also read that appointment means dollars n cents. Grade is superficial. What does appointment mean. Does it mean a team leader at dx9b gets more than a farmer at dx9p? So there is clearly an allowance if you volunteer for all the extra responsibilities? Or simple means PB is more?

I am hungry to do well despite many slamming the system, HR refuses to answer but I need direction and goal. Basically HR is sending a signal that farmers should not have goals n aims, just take salary n be happy.

Degree holder no honours with around 10 years of relevant experience. Under 40 yo with NS. Thank you for the quality advice.

Appointment can be something like although ur dx6 and ur office highest rank dxo is dx10, ur appointment is chief clerk, so ur the biggest in the office and not the dx10
Old 03-03-2019, 10:19 AM
Ambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Appointment can be something like although ur dx6 and ur office highest rank dxo is dx10, ur appointment is chief clerk, so ur the biggest in the office and not the dx10
Thanks. So is this "appointment" something that can be volunteered for, or strictly a duty your boss offers to you?

Do you know about CEP buddy?