Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 20-01-2016 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78307)
same situation like you now. was told to wait 6 weeks and its been 4 weeks after verbal now. no news yet too.

so what recent development did u encounter?

hey there. do you mind leaving a email so we can discuss further. there are somethings i dont think i want to leave/say online.

Unregistered 21-01-2016 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78424)
hey there. do you mind leaving a email so we can discuss further. there are somethings i dont think i want to leave/say online.

sure. my email is [email protected]. Aaron here

Unregistered 22-01-2016 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76783)
Therein lies the answer. A DXO's job is for someone with middling ambition who wants to walk out of the door at 5.30 sharp every day.

Just think, if your friend wasn't engaged to a guy who's "doing super well", I'd doubt she would settle for DXO.

There are government/civil service positions that offer greater challenge and prospects for developing transferable skills, and with hours just marginally longer than a DXO position.

I agree somewhat with the poster above that it seems a bit of a waste to study for 16 years to do something so insipid, esp. if you went to a local uni and went through the whole fairly competitve grind of local education.

Don't be too sure to assume all the DXO's post allows you to leave at door at 5.30 sharp. You can have v challenging job scope in MINDEF as well. The pay scale u projected from year 1 to 5 is also misleading. Pay increment is certainly better than what our friend here had projected to give DXOs hopefuls out there a glimpse a light

Also, other civil service positions does not necessarily offer greater challenges and prospects.

Open up your mind and seek more opinions.

From the inside

Unregistered 23-01-2016 12:16 PM

I was offered an interview in sept 2015 but I rejected. Is there still a possibility to get shortlisted now if I apply another job? or do i need to wait for a year at least?

Unregistered 23-01-2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78591)
I was offered an interview in sept 2015 but I rejected. Is there still a possibility to get shortlisted now if I apply another job? or do i need to wait for a year at least?

yeah, have to wait. thats what i am doing now.

Unregistered 23-01-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78592)
yeah, have to wait. thats what i am doing now.

sigh :/ may we have a better year ahead with our current job till another opportunity arise. how long have you waited?

Unregistered 23-01-2016 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78540)
Don't be too sure to assume all the DXO's post allows you to leave at door at 5.30 sharp. You can have v challenging job scope in MINDEF as well. The pay scale u projected from year 1 to 5 is also misleading. Pay increment is certainly better than what our friend here had projected to give DXOs hopefuls out there a glimpse a light

Also, other civil service positions does not necessarily offer greater challenges and prospects.

Open up your mind and seek more opinions.

From the inside

Agree with this. I'm working as a DXO n I don't leave at 530pm daily. In fact I hardly ever leaves at 530pm. Most days I work late. I find my job challenging and interesting.

Pay increment wise can't comment much since I started working only last year. So far I'm satisfied with my job as I really get to learn and do many different things!

Unregistered 24-01-2016 04:49 PM

I'm going to join dxo, pending medical. I decided to give it a try because i v keen to get out of my current sunset industry . Moatly be working in red zone.
Definitely need to buy non cam phone (ino3, huawei etc). Too bad I'm on singtel old plan and they don't have multi sim anymore.

Prepaid card
Additional Sim only plan for work use
Totally no access to phone inside office.

I for see alot inconvenience and i don't want to be switching sim card everyday nor contimue use a non cam low spec phone after office hours..
Any suggestions? Tks alot!

Unregistered 27-01-2016 04:51 PM

fresh grad salary

Does anyone know the starting salary for a dx9 fresh grad (2nd upp) without ns? Will MINDEF just give us our expected salary even if we should have been paid more?

Unregistered 27-01-2016 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78859)
Does anyone know the starting salary for a dx9 fresh grad (2nd upp) without ns? Will MINDEF just give us our expected salary even if we should have been paid more?

your starting pay will probably be between 3800+ to about 4k. recently just signed. estimated off my own contract. not sure if i have the relevant additional appointment pay or not.

and nope. MINDEF wont undercut you. you can put 2 dollars and you still will be offered the calculated pay. they have their own formula. and as a fresh grad. dont think you can nego. take whatever they give you. and its already higher than market rate.. so no need to nego also.