Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Old 06-12-2015, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In fact I started after I got my security clearance. Medical clearance was still underway till 1mth after I started. The only drawback was anything not declared n detected will not be covered. Unless I have life terminating disease than my contract will be terminated.

All went well though, all cleared
Is it possible to share also, this is a junior or senior position? I mean DX8 and below or above? Was it that the department urgently need to take someone in? I supposed you waited 2weeks for the security clearance before getting in which is actually very fast.

As most people here are asking on PT and interviews so i can only rely on your answers. Most didn't comment or share about the waiting time.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
Is it possible to share also, this is a junior or senior position? I mean DX8 and below or above? Was it that the department urgently need to take someone in? I supposed you waited 2weeks for the security clearance before getting in which is actually very fast.

As most people here are asking on PT and interviews so i can only rely on your answers. Most didn't comment or share about the waiting time.
wow. i guess you are a really insecure person. im not the OP btw. sorry, but i just had to say it. nothing personal.

on average everything takes 3 weeks for each stage. only clearances take 1 month at least. after site visit, usually is less than a week for offer. if you are insecure, just call the HR to clarify. the HR meaning the one who sent you the interview invitation. you can just call him/her. they are nice people. and no, you wont get 'blackmarked'

if you want the exact timing for each posts and position, theres not a single soul that can give you a definite answer. because each unit replies at different rates. even if you called the HR, the answer would also be the estimated time. and for the OP, his boss helped him chase the clearances. its probably a one-off situation. maybe its an urgent post.

probably i judged you too soon and you must have other jobs considerations. good luck. dont let this eat you up. my advice is the same... call HR. btw.. the timings i all mentioned in this post is also already mentioned within this forum. you just have to trust them and dont keep seeking assurances. gosh i sound like a psychiatrist. haha. again no hard feelings. just wanna keep you less anxious for the wait. jiayou! did you get a verbal offer btw?

Old 06-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
wow. i guess you are a really insecure person. im not the OP btw. sorry, but i just had to say it. nothing personal.

on average everything takes 3 weeks for each stage. only clearances take 1 month at least. after site visit, usually is less than a week for offer. if you are insecure, just call the HR to clarify. the HR meaning the one who sent you the interview invitation. you can just call him/her. they are nice people. and no, you wont get 'blackmarked'

if you want the exact timing for each posts and position, theres not a single soul that can give you a definite answer. because each unit replies at different rates. even if you called the HR, the answer would also be the estimated time. and for the OP, his boss helped him chase the clearances. its probably a one-off situation. maybe its an urgent post.

probably i judged you too soon and you must have other jobs considerations. good luck. dont let this eat you up. my advice is the same... call HR. btw.. the timings i all mentioned in this post is also already mentioned within this forum. you just have to trust them and dont keep seeking assurances. gosh i sound like a psychiatrist. haha. again no hard feelings. just wanna keep you less anxious for the wait. jiayou! did you get a verbal offer btw?
Of course i already got the verbal offer. But been waiting for quite some time already. Also, of course i have called them up to check also but the reply is still the same pending for approval. No signs of rejection as well as no signs no official written offer/signing of contract. HR is unable to advise beyond these points. Just ask me to wait. I am talking about mths not days or weeks...
I would be glad if HR can give more clear advice on what is the situation now.

I am definitely not at the initial stage of PT, interview, site visit where people keep repeatedly asking here.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

By the way, the timing you mentioned is similar to what some of them have mentioned 1yr ago, just a few page back quite recently there was another guy whom have waited mths for his clearance/management approval. So i am quite surprise yr took so fast. Thanks for yr reply though...
Old 06-12-2015, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
Of course i already got the verbal offer. But been waiting for quite some time already. Also, of course i have called them up to check also but the reply is still the same pending for approval. No signs of rejection as well as no signs no official written offer/signing of contract. HR is unable to advise beyond these points. Just ask me to wait. I am talking about mths not days or weeks...
I would be glad if HR can give more clear advice on what is the situation now.

I am definitely not at the initial stage of PT, interview, site visit where people keep repeatedly asking here.
btw. im not the OP as mentioned. im just someone who is also waiting clearances too. been waiting for just 3 weeks from my verbal offer. but total of 6 weeks since interview. i lost 2 weeks because the hiring manager went for holidays. lol.

and wow. waiting for months? thats unusual. no wonder you feel so anxious. sry to have judged you. mind saying exactly how long? maybe tell us your verbal offer date and medical date. haha i guess im going to start worrying soon if i dont get the clearances by end of this month.

ok good luck then. keep us posted. i guess theres nothing for you to do but wait.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Wow. But you mentioned is a he, so could be another HR staff.
There are some here waiting for months and still counting for the final management. 2weeks vs months here. Really don't understand what is the problem here which cause the great difference. Thanks for replying by the way.
The one who chased for my clearance was my direct boss. I guess he was urgently looking for people n he told me if he did not interview me that day, he probably would have gotten another candidate he interviewed some time back.

Quote:

The position is from dx9-11. Ya. Kinda urgently required people too. My boss chased MSD directly for mine clearance which I guess helps

Old 07-12-2015, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
The one who chased for my clearance was my direct boss. I guess he was urgently looking for people n he told me if he did not interview me that day, he probably would have gotten another candidate he interviewed some time back.

The position is from dx9-11. Ya. Kinda urgently required people too. My boss chased MSD directly for mine clearance which I guess helps
Thanks for replying...u are so lucky your boss chase for you. Very envious.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
btw. im not the OP as mentioned. im just someone who is also waiting clearances too. been waiting for just 3 weeks from my verbal offer. but total of 6 weeks since interview. i lost 2 weeks because the hiring manager went for holidays. lol.

and wow. waiting for months? thats unusual. no wonder you feel so anxious. sry to have judged you. mind saying exactly how long? maybe tell us your verbal offer date and medical date. haha i guess im going to start worrying soon if i dont get the clearances by end of this month.

ok good luck then. keep us posted. i guess theres nothing for you to do but wait.
Yes, to wait. Have went that far already, so didn't want to stop waiting. It been quite a long time since the verbal offer but i don't wanna say exactly when otherwise wait the HR come here and read my postings...haha. Very envious the other guy cleared and got in in 2weeks...even faster than private sectors...
Old 07-12-2015, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Smile Rejection letter

Hi, just to check will DXO send a rejection letter or no response after 2 weeks means not shortlisted. I went for PT on 20 Nov, then 27 Nov asked me for the documents and it's silent. Should I call to check if I'm shortlisted?
Old 07-12-2015, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Thanks for replying...u are so lucky your boss chase for you. Very envious.
Yeah. Honestly after working in Mindef for sometime, I must say it is indeed very rare

Quote:
Hi, just to check will DXO send a rejection letter or no response after 2 weeks means not shortlisted. I went for PT on 20 Nov, then 27 Nov asked me for the documents and it's silent. Should I call to check if I'm shortlisted?
It's dec now. Mindef working culture wise, dec is very quiet. People from hiring dept take leave, mgmt take leave, hr take leave, clearance take leave, medical also on leave. It's normal if u need to wait longer.