Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 09-04-2015 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65078)
I have seen a lot of mediocre people in mindef (ie. those who will definitely be axed if he/she were to enter the private sector)...so yes, do not fret over your diplomas/degrees.. cuz they do not matter..and once you enter, your iron rice bowl awaits

Iron rice bowl if you are content to be mediocre and farm your 6-8k salary... those who are high performers will never be satisfied with that.

Unregistered 10-04-2015 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65271)
It has been exactly two weeks since I went for the panel interview for IT Customer Engagement and I have heard no news yet. Does that mean that I no longer hold a chance of getting an offer. And has anyone else who went for the same position on around the same time received any news?

How long was your interview ?

Unregistered 10-04-2015 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65272)
Iron rice bowl if you are content to be mediocre and farm your 6-8k salary... those who are high performers will never be satisfied with that.

Ultimate jiak liao bees (good for nothing fellas)..

Unregistered 10-04-2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65098)
can anyone share how's the psychometric test gonna be like?

Why don't you take the time to read posts covering this throughout this thread?

Seriously. Only ask questions that have not been answered yet.

Unregistered 11-04-2015 02:04 PM

anybody got called for interview for executive (governance & engagement)?

Unregistered 13-04-2015 06:42 PM

Quote:

It has been exactly two weeks since I went for the panel interview for IT Customer Engagement and I have heard no news yet. Does that mean that I no longer hold a chance of getting an offer. And has anyone else who went for the same position on around the same time received any news?

Call MINDEF HR to find out if a decision has been made? Let us know what they tell you?

Unregistered 13-04-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64885)
I attended an interview in mid Feb and the mindef HR staff told me that it will take a few weeks before they can inform me the outcome of the interview. I have not received any calls or rejection email from them. Why are they so slow?

The same thing also applies to other civil service jobs i have applied to. I attended an interview at MOH around the same time (mid feb) and haven't gotten a reply from them.I don't know whether CS is so inefficient cause the private sector firm took less than a week to send me the rejection email.

Yeah. I'm wondering the same thing. Why is it taking so long for replies from the CS to be made? Is there a lot of red tape that they have to clear before they can give us replies?

What exactly goes on behind the scenes?

Unregistered 14-04-2015 10:46 PM

Quote:

I called to check, they told me i have not been shortlisted further. you can check with them

Unregistered 14-04-2015 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65408)
Yeah. I'm wondering the same thing. Why is it taking so long for replies from the CS to be made? Is there a lot of red tape that they have to clear before they can give us replies?

What exactly goes on behind the scenes?

The thing is i do not care whether they reject me or not but at least have the courtesy to send me a rejection email. Don't tell me that they take several months to send rejection email.

Unregistered 15-04-2015 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65471)
The thing is i do not care whether they reject me or not but at least have the courtesy to send me a rejection email. Don't tell me that they take several months to send rejection email.

Really don't care meh?

Move on, dude.