MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 586 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5851 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2024, 10:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
whh uni?

some guangdong uni or siberia uni?
or the Ivy league ones?
One of the top uni in UK

I am just curious about pay range for a female fresh grad joining DXO.

Reply With Quote
  #5852 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2024, 01:07 AM
Sign on or not?
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face Sign on to DIS mid career?

Hi first time here, been a lurker for a while, i am 35 M , NUS 2nd upper with a PhD, recently just left my job.

was thinking of joining the public service and thought of MINDEF as i felt that defence is very crucial to SG

I recently applied to DIS expressing interest to be a senior MIE, did my MAPAS test, and submitted a G50 questionnaire ( weird that this happens before any interviews?),

would MINDEF look at last drawn? how do they calibrate the salary of mid-career( kinda mid) switches like this? Any idea? if so, whats a good salary increment to ask for? Thanks in advance!

sorry i dont have many friends to ask around, so im hoping to get some clarity as i am also applying to other roles(also govt related), and this application is taking ages...

Reply With Quote
  #5853 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2024, 09:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign on or not? View Post
Hi first time here, been a lurker for a while, i am 35 M , NUS 2nd upper with a PhD, recently just left my job.

was thinking of joining the public service and thought of MINDEF as i felt that defence is very crucial to SG

I recently applied to DIS expressing interest to be a senior MIE, did my MAPAS test, and submitted a G50 questionnaire ( weird that this happens before any interviews?),

would MINDEF look at last drawn? how do they calibrate the salary of mid-career( kinda mid) switches like this? Any idea? if so, whats a good salary increment to ask for? Thanks in advance!

sorry i dont have many friends to ask around, so im hoping to get some clarity as i am also applying to other roles(also govt related), and this application is taking ages...
Some applicants are security cleared before interviews.
It depends on the job.
Last drawn salary is a starting point to be considered along with
relevant experience.
You need to be patient as the latest data shows a waiting time
of at least 2 months from interview to job offer.

Reply With Quote
  #5854 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2024, 10:56 AM
Sign on to DIS or not?
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy Sign on to DIS or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some applicants are security cleared before interviews.
It depends on the job.
Last drawn salary is a starting point to be considered along with
relevant experience.
You need to be patient as the latest data shows a waiting time
of at least 2 months from interview to job offer.
Hi Thanks for the reply! yes i think its going to be beyond 2 months, i just received the medical check up, i see a component OCS FFI, does it mean i have to go through OCS at 35? and im PES C, with a nagging back pain, how is that possible
Reply With Quote
  #5855 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2024, 12:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone else at the security clearance stage and pending to be cleared….? Been about a month for me since submitted G50. Hoping it won’t be long till HR contacted the final offer.
Reply With Quote
  #5856 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2024, 01:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Congrats! How long ago was your first interview?
I had my first interview around CNY, they only got back to me like a month later for 2nd round and unit preview :\ Thanks for the advice to check about offer with HR! Saw some saying that clearance may take > a month and thats rly long........
Reply With Quote

  #5857 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2024, 01:52 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7
Benni is on a distinguished road
Default

Those with jobs who applied now, if you're successful you'll probably start working in Nov/Dec or even next year lol

Assuming 5-6 months recruitment period + 2-3 months notice period.
Reply With Quote
  #5858 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign on to DIS or not? View Post
Hi Thanks for the reply! yes i think its going to be beyond 2 months, i just received the medical check up, i see a component OCS FFI, does it mean i have to go through OCS at 35? and im PES C, with a nagging back pain, how is that possible
Hahaha.. bro, do you know that you also need to clear IPPT right every year at least a pass. OCS FFI - If you did not went through OCS before during your NSF days then likely you still have to go through senior officer course. You PES C also can do other suitable physical activities de...
Reply With Quote
  #5859 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2024, 11:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone waiting for clearance?
Reply With Quote
  #5860 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2024, 11:30 PM
Sign on DIS or not?
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face Sign on DIS or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hahaha.. bro, do you know that you also need to clear IPPT right every year at least a pass. OCS FFI - If you did not went through OCS before during your NSF days then likely you still have to go through senior officer course. You PES C also can do other suitable physical activities de...
i think IPPT ok la, been exempted, but i believe can train up, pass should be no issue, yea i didnt go through OCS hahaha, senior officer course is different from OCS that the NSFs go through right?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,787 Replies, 5,247,335 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,394 Replies, 6,974,850 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,834 Replies, 1,542,811 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,222 Replies, 3,877,004 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,570 Replies, 684,348 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,460 Replies, 2,464,553 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
938 Replies, 545,055 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
771 Replies, 447,037 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
830 Replies, 439,430 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,456 Replies, 3,532,850 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,263 Replies, 10,618,633 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
143 Replies, 55,029 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
45 Replies, 61,181 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
372 Replies, 260,696 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 418,248 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,859 Replies, 1,613,245 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,967 Replies, 4,802,265 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
707 Replies, 411,746 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,175 Replies, 1,120,434 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,795 Replies, 2,459,590 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 161,607 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 14,142 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 21,547 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,431 Replies, 4,895,348 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 389,745 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
202 Replies, 183,559 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,586 Replies, 1,432,988 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,302 Replies, 666,101 Views
Early Retirement ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 16,136 Views
Anyone worked in singhealth/nhg? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 175,737 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2