MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 570 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5691 (permalink)  
Old 23-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

not sure why so many people want to join, workload and stress level are super high here...pay might be above average but i regret every day
think twice about your decision please

Reply With Quote
  #5692 (permalink)  
Old 24-11-2023, 08:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
not sure why so many people want to join, workload and stress level are super high here...pay might be above average but i regret every day
think twice about your decision please
why u regret?
what happen?

Reply With Quote
  #5693 (permalink)  
Old 24-11-2023, 10:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi, any dxo working in army camp? Can share how the culture n pace are in general? Thanks.

Reply With Quote
  #5694 (permalink)  
Old 24-11-2023, 08:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
why u regret?
what happen?
lots of work, unrealistic expectations and high stress.. just so tired
For newcomers, my advice is to find out more about your prospective unit, would be good if you know someone in the organization who can give you more insights about what you are signing up for. Good luck to those joining and hope you all draw a better lot :s
Reply With Quote
  #5695 (permalink)  
Old 25-11-2023, 08:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
lots of work, unrealistic expectations and high stress.. just so tired
For newcomers, my advice is to find out more about your prospective unit, would be good if you know someone in the organization who can give you more insights about what you are signing up for. Good luck to those joining and hope you all draw a better lot :s
Sounds tough man… hopefully things will get better for ya..

Hear say can apply other dept/division after like 3-5 years? Maybe give it a try?
Reply With Quote
  #5696 (permalink)  
Old 28-11-2023, 06:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, any dxo working in army camp? Can share how the culture n pace are in general? Thanks.
+1 for this

Attire how? need formal? Hardly see anyone walking with shirt during my army days

Also smart devices can tag along? S.g. watch, phones(probably need to decam if bring to work place)
Reply With Quote

  #5697 (permalink)  
Old 28-11-2023, 06:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
+1 for this

Attire how? need formal? Hardly see anyone walking with shirt during my army days

Also smart devices can tag along? S.g. watch, phones(probably need to decam if bring to work place)
not from army. but if you ask me, army should be more 'relaxed' then airforce and navy camps.

attire wise, DXOs used to require formal office wear mon to thurs and can dress down on friday. it has changed since 2-3 years ago. can dress down daily if working internally in office. only need to dress formal if meeting external parties and for formal events.

there is also a change in camera phone policy. can bring in alr. but depends on where you are going in the camp also. smart watch is allowed if i recall correctly.
Reply With Quote
  #5698 (permalink)  
Old 28-11-2023, 08:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
not from army. but if you ask me, army should be more 'relaxed' then airforce and navy camps.

attire wise, DXOs used to require formal office wear mon to thurs and can dress down on friday. it has changed since 2-3 years ago. can dress down daily if working internally in office. only need to dress formal if meeting external parties and for formal events.

there is also a change in camera phone policy. can bring in alr. but depends on where you are going in the camp also. smart watch is allowed if i recall correctly.
Thanks for sharing ya
Reply With Quote
  #5699 (permalink)  
Old 30-11-2023, 04:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Any kind soul who is currently working as a DXO able to share how is the working environment? E.g. do you need to write a lot of papers? How is the IT systems, like are you all using the same as other ministry (M365) via system upgrade push down from govtech? I always have this image of mindef using slow and outdated systems ( not sure why). How the working environment? Cubicles clean not? Big not? Toilets clean ma? Etc etc.
Reply With Quote
  #5700 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2023, 05:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any kind soul who is currently working as a DXO able to share how is the working environment? E.g. do you need to write a lot of papers? How is the IT systems, like are you all using the same as other ministry (M365) via system upgrade push down from govtech? I always have this image of mindef using slow and outdated systems ( not sure why). How the working environment? Cubicles clean not? Big not? Toilets clean ma? Etc etc.
toilets are nice and clean in the office buildings
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,746 Replies, 1,006,715 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
619 Replies, 315,799 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,211 Replies, 6,359,922 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
181 Replies, 221,929 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
882 Replies, 479,014 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,626 Replies, 4,833,266 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,725 Replies, 1,340,152 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,776 Replies, 4,563,560 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
609 Replies, 357,663 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,063 Replies, 2,233,279 Views
Graduate Employment Survey 2023...
0 Replies, 191 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,174 Replies, 3,311,329 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 9,038 Views
MOT (Ministry of Transport)
5 Replies, 5,527 Views
IBM salaries ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 7,599 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,745 Replies, 1,468,045 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,864 Replies, 10,158,702 Views
Jobs with travel opportunities
7 Replies, 3,608 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,960 Replies, 2,084,928 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
700 Replies, 520,043 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,262 Replies, 697,340 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,264 Replies, 735,570 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,235 Replies, 12,263,472 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,066 Replies, 3,665,294 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
275 Replies, 377,535 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,983 Replies, 4,498,604 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
413 Replies, 155,137 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,638 Replies, 1,487,710 Views
Salary ranges in Big Tech in...
0 Replies, 340 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2