MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) - Page 508 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5071 (permalink)  
Old 15-02-2023, 07:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any idea about the salary range for DXO (local graduate, F, with average grade)?

I've got offers from private sectors at around 4.8-5.3k right now (data analyst related). Despite the pay, I also want a good work life balance job; hence the application to DXO role.
you sure you want to wait for the dxo recruitment process which takes super long? By then your private offers would be long gone already

Reply With Quote
  #5072 (permalink)  
Old 15-02-2023, 07:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you sure you want to wait for the dxo recruitment process which takes super long? By then your private offers would be long gone already
Yea that was what Iím afraid of, but I think itís fairly easy to find jobs >4k if Iím not too picky. And to be very honest, I value a lot on worklife balanceÖ so thereís that too

Reply With Quote
  #5073 (permalink)  
Old 15-02-2023, 07:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any idea about the salary range for DXO (local graduate, F, with average grade)?

I've got offers from private sectors at around 4.8-5.3k right now (data analyst related). Despite the pay, I also want a good work life balance job; hence the application to DXO role.
Nobody knows unless they work in HR and HR will never reveal here; but one thing for sure is that you'll never get that kind of pay from the start unless you're coming in with decades or dropping in from the armed forces.

If you get into European firms their work life balance is not bad. Plus you can look for other types of roles if you think data analyst won't be able to offer what you're looking for. But generally high pay and work life balance don't really go hand in hand.

That being said, if you're really set on dxo then lower your salary expectations greatly.

Reply With Quote
  #5074 (permalink)  
Old 16-02-2023, 12:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nobody knows unless they work in HR and HR will never reveal here; but one thing for sure is that you'll never get that kind of pay from the start unless you're coming in with decades or dropping in from the armed forces.

If you get into European firms their work life balance is not bad. Plus you can look for other types of roles if you think data analyst won't be able to offer what you're looking for. But generally high pay and work life balance don't really go hand in hand.

That being said, if you're really set on dxo then lower your salary expectations greatly.
I see. Alright, in the meantime Iíll just look for more European firms to work for. Thanks for the advice 🥹
Reply With Quote
  #5075 (permalink)  
Old 16-02-2023, 01:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any idea about the salary range for DXO (local graduate, F, with average grade)?

I've got offers from private sectors at around 4.8-5.3k right now (data analyst related). Despite the pay, I also want a good work life balance job; hence the application to DXO role.
if you dm sharing, how many years of experience you have?
Reply With Quote
  #5076 (permalink)  
Old 16-02-2023, 09:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if you dm sharing, how many years of experience you have?
Around 1-2 years of part time experience excluding my internships

Can I also check if gender plays a part in the salary? If yes, are guys paid more compared to their female counterparts, with everything else constant
Reply With Quote

  #5077 (permalink)  
Old 16-02-2023, 10:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Around 1-2 years of part time experience excluding my internships

Can I also check if gender plays a part in the salary? If yes, are guys paid more compared to their female counterparts, with everything else constant
I have a friend who got offered got offered high 5k for 10 years of experience.

According to forum, gender plays a part in salary as men completed NS.
Reply With Quote
  #5078 (permalink)  
Old 16-02-2023, 11:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yes, males are paid more due to having served NS.

If you have other options like offers from private companies, especially ones in tech, don't waste the opportunity. You can try for public service when you're in the slowing down phrase of your life. There's a reason why people say "farmers", basically you're farming your salary up slowly via years of service.
Reply With Quote
  #5079 (permalink)  
Old 16-02-2023, 11:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a friend who got offered got offered high 5k for 10 years of experience.
s://.covid.gov.sg/well-and-positive-or-condition-assessed-mild-by-doctor/?fbclid=IwAR0axm8_9s5int8LkummfxVMpltiElGiNBMJK1It GWTD0KrmRWWtGamZtGg
According to forum, gender plays a part in salary as men completed NS.
Oh damn thats kinda lowballingÖ Tbh I think itís also fair that males got more given the 2 years of contribution to the NS. Iíll just see how the interview goesÖ Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote
  #5080 (permalink)  
Old 16-02-2023, 11:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, males are paid more due to having served NS.

If you have other options like offers from private companies, especially ones in tech, don't waste the opportunity. You can try for public service when you're in the slowing down phrase of your life. There's a reason why people say "farmers", basically you're farming your salary up slowly via years of service.
Thatís true, but tech has also reached its peak imoÖ And will be quite xiong, no work life balance given the high pay. I dont wanna be looking like 40 at 30 yknow 🤧
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher starting salaries for MINDEF and SAF entrants Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 06-04-2012 07:31 AM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,623 Replies, 932,832 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,802 Replies, 6,013,137 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,754 Replies, 3,103,084 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,909 Replies, 3,507,588 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,860 Replies, 2,093,100 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
430 Replies, 236,537 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,130 Replies, 503,821 Views
Shell Graduate program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
174 Replies, 245,478 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,803 Replies, 1,926,769 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
543 Replies, 259,537 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,559 Replies, 597,642 Views
Banks' Pay and Bonuses ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
543 Replies, 453,766 Views
anyonw working in tiktok? how's... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
64 Replies, 47,132 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
534 Replies, 311,750 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
936 Replies, 381,203 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,506 Replies, 4,484,061 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,168 Replies, 417,151 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,567 Replies, 9,724,346 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
726 Replies, 331,373 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,517 Replies, 1,389,490 Views
Nparks ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 29,777 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,545 Replies, 1,199,743 Views
Anyone looking to switch to a...
0 Replies, 156 Views
NTU (non-faculty) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
154 Replies, 199,958 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,703 Replies, 4,386,908 Views
What are BAND 5 positions -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 12,795 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,071 Replies, 11,928,021 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still...
5 Replies, 9,020 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,834 Replies, 1,180,846 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
103 Replies, 87,332 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2