Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 20-08-2018 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109744)
Hi guys , to those who got rejected or thinking of giving up , pls do not give up , i have already being rejected for 2 times , last year 1 time and this year 1 time , first time was being rejected at site preview and this year was not even offered a site preview. And i am still waiting for a suitable position to open up and try. Be patient guys , believe that one day you will be a dxo! As long as you have this dream , nothing will hinder. In total include other non-dxo job , i have been rejected a totalof 5 times. I am in a healthcare job currently. Jiayou guys and dun be disheartened!

dont wanna sound rude, but the fact that u were rejected so many times for DXO means most likely u wont be a DXO this life. or u lack the qualities that the interviewers are seeking for

Unregistered 20-08-2018 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109747)
dont wanna sound rude, but the fact that u were rejected so many times for DXO means most likely u wont be a DXO this life. or u lack the qualities that the interviewers are seeking for

Hi bro , its okay. As long as you try , nothing is really impossible , have faith and dont think so negatively. Even if in the end , i cant be a dxo , life isnt that bad too. Sometimes life can really give you a surprise. Just keep learning and upgrading yourself. But nonetheless , thanks for the reply bro!

Unregistered 20-08-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109751)
Hi bro , its okay. As long as you try , nothing is really impossible , have faith and dont think so negatively. Even if in the end , i cant be a dxo , life isnt that bad too. Sometimes life can really give you a surprise. Just keep learning and upgrading yourself. But nonetheless , thanks for the reply bro!

Ya being a DXO is not the only path.

Why would people wanna be DXO anyway, unless they are really interested in defence or want to enjoy the slack DXO life (as NSmen/former NSFs, you know what I mean...). Can still apply for public service jobs elsewhere if its the latter.

Unregistered 21-08-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109759)
Ya being a DXO is not the only path.

Why would people wanna be DXO anyway, unless they are really interested in defence or want to enjoy the slack DXO life (as NSmen/former NSFs, you know what I mean...). Can still apply for public service jobs elsewhere if its the latter.

another ignorant guy who thinks DXOs slack.

Unregistered 21-08-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109797)
another ignorant guy who thinks DXOs slack.

My camp all DXOs even DX8 and above go home on time. Those in CMPB maybe not lah, but those work in camp one swee swee arrive on time go back on time. Not all hardcore workers lah.

Unregistered 21-08-2018 07:01 PM

As an NSF that is what I noticed too. I think private sector people have it harder than public sector in general of course. And out of alot of public service agencies, we know which ones are among the slowest in process...... (hint hint).

Unregistered 22-08-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Hi guys , to those who got rejected or thinking of giving up , pls do not give up , i have already being rejected for 2 times , last year 1 time and this year 1 time , first time was being rejected at site preview and this year was not even offered a site preview. And i am still waiting for a suitable position to open up and try. Be patient guys , believe that one day you will be a dxo! As long as you have this dream , nothing will hinder. In total include other non-dxo job , i have been rejected a totalof 5 times. I am in a healthcare job currently. Jiayou guys and dun be disheartened!

Yes i agree with you. I am also in the healthcare sector and I regret shortchanging myself. Underpaid, micromanagement, the list can go on. I've declined 5 jobs till date since the start of this year. I've just gotten a call from them to consider the pay range and if im keen (after site preview). I am just wondering what are the cons of a SEA and since its a non dip position? I am 1 year away from dip completion thou. As much as I want to leave a toxic environment, would rather know how the other place be like.

Unregistered 22-08-2018 08:58 PM

What does an dxea do? Any cons to share of?

Unregistered 22-08-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Hi, I have decline about 5 jobs till far as the jobs kinda shortchange me paying me less. I work in the healthcare sector and I am already underpaid based on the experience and qualification I hold. I would like to know what are the cons of an dxea and the pays scale ? I intend to pursue my degree only in 2020 .

Unregistered 23-08-2018 12:49 AM

PT test and pay range

Hello

I have applied for a Managerial position (so far worked in 4 years corporate job after graduation), does anyone knows what's the pay range like for manager role?

Also, I'm going PT in 3 weeks time (that's their earliest slot!!), can anybody share hows the whole process like and what should I prepare?
After the completion of PT, in most normal circumstances, how long will the rest of the steps take (ie. face to face interview, unit preview, offer)?

Im concurrently applying for another job and I prefer DXO over the other one so I just dont want to end up with the situation if I get another job offer while DXO application is still in the process.

Cheers!

Unregistered 23-08-2018 12:51 AM

Tattoo

Will DXO reject if I have a full back tattoo?

Unregistered 23-08-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109821)
Will DXO reject if I have a full back tattoo?

how would they know if you have a tattoo.....

Unregistered 23-08-2018 08:24 PM

Reapplying back DXO after leaving service

Hi, does anyone know if it will be nigh impossible/ very hard if one tries to apply back to be DXO after leaving the DXO service earlier?

Left in Mid 2017, but after a while of working outside, will very much love to go back MINDEF.

Thanks!

Unregistered 27-08-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109826)
Hi, does anyone know if it will be nigh impossible/ very hard if one tries to apply back to be DXO after leaving the DXO service earlier?

Left in Mid 2017, but after a while of working outside, will very much love to go back MINDEF.

Thanks!

I can offer some insights here. I used to be a DXO from 2008 till mid 2011. Left to pursue other interests, but still wish to join back the DXO scheme. Applied from 2012 all the way to now, went for interviews at DTTB thrice throughout the span, was offered a role in 2014 which I turned down (due to expected salary), and recently was offered another role, which I have accepted. Currently pending letter of offer.

So in short, not impossible at all to go back to the service.

Unregistered 27-08-2018 01:16 PM

Application Process

I'm also in the midst of applying for a dxo position, so I'll share with you the application process and timeline:

- PT test: Not much to prepare for, testing your logic, reasoning and personality
- After that, 5 weeks later I received a rejection email. Nevertheless, I took the advice of other forum users and re-applied for other dxo positions.
- 2 weeks later, got a phone call to go for an interview
- After the interview they will notify you within 2 weeks whether you are shortlisted to go for site preview, or rejected.

Best of luck to you!

tcyeric 27-08-2018 02:17 PM

just checking, what DXO positions are based in units/camps?

Unregistered 29-08-2018 09:56 AM

Anyone can share about the process time after interview to actual job starting? My interviewers told me that if shortlisted to site preview, it takes around 2 weeks.

I am currently thinking of accepting a 3 mth contract from elsewhere, will that be appropriate?

Unregistered 29-08-2018 03:07 PM

Anyone applied to the healthcare related positions and got invited for site preview already?

Unregistered 30-08-2018 09:07 AM

Just to check will they inform should u failed the security clearance?

Unregistered 31-08-2018 12:08 PM

Anybody feels a lack of purpose in their job but earning good money (>20k/month)? 40s male in SAF, but not likely to have golden parachute for me into GLCs at the end of my SAF career unlike the BGs and above. Should I stay another decade in a no progression job which ultimately pays the bill? My JC mates are mostly doing well in professional jobs (law, medicine, banking), and they look like they have a goal in life.

Unregistered 31-08-2018 03:55 PM

Written Test

Anybody did a written test before the interview? May I know what to expect?
Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 02-09-2018 12:23 PM

Do MINDEF really call up the 2 referees required in the application form?

tcyeric 03-09-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109967)
Anybody feels a lack of purpose in their job but earning good money (>20k/month)? 40s male in SAF, but not likely to have golden parachute for me into GLCs at the end of my SAF career unlike the BGs and above. Should I stay another decade in a no progression job which ultimately pays the bill? My JC mates are mostly doing well in professional jobs (law, medicine, banking), and they look like they have a goal in life.

I think this differs from person to person and what you yourself want out of your life/career.

I had your situation id just stay on and build my retirement nest so that I can retire worry free financially at least

Unregistered 03-09-2018 07:22 PM

I had my rejection via email after I went for interview 3 weeks ago. ( I thought high chance after interview with panel for an hour ...) Checking with you all, should I reapply immediately in dxo website if I have spotted a job position I interested in. Or wait for some time later ? How high will be my chance of getting interview if I was rejected for another job position?

Unregistered 03-09-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110016)
I had my rejection via email after I went for interview 3 weeks ago. ( I thought high chance after interview with panel for an hour ...) Checking with you all, should I reapply immediately in dxo website if I have spotted a job position I interested in. Or wait for some time later ? How high will be my chance of getting interview if I was rejected for another job position?

You can just reapply. I was rejected previously after an interview. I reapplied the following day and was shortlisted for interview again. I will be attending the interview soon. Good luck to you 😄

Unregistered 03-09-2018 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110019)
You can just reapply. I was rejected previously after an interview. I reapplied the following day and was shortlisted for interview again. I will be attending the interview soon. Good luck to you 😄

How long did they shortlist again after you reapplied? Was the HR manager in the panel interview previously the one who emailed you?

Unregistered 03-09-2018 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110020)
How long did they shortlist again after you reapplied? Was the HR manager in the panel interview previously the one who emailed you?

I think it was within a few days. You will receive the same email asking you to arrange for the psychometric test or to inform the HR that you have sat for the test before. The HR will acknowledge and check her records if you have sat for the test. After which is to wait for the interview which will take some time. For both positions, I liaised with the same HR. Hope this helps 😊

Unregistered 06-09-2018 01:43 AM

typically how long HR will take to reply whether there is an interview arranged, after you have done the PT?

Unregistered 06-09-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110054)
typically how long HR will take to reply whether there is an interview arranged, after you have done the PT?

It can take days , weeks or even months. For me, is 4 months after I took PT.

Unregistered 07-09-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110062)

wow 4 months?!

can you even remember the position you applied lol

Unregistered 07-09-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110082)
wow 4 months?!

can you even remember the position you applied lol

Haha still can remember. But already no idea of the job descriptions totally !

Unregistered 10-09-2018 03:39 PM

Dont know got chance or not

Hi guys, anybody took a PT test on 31st August 2018 and got a call up for interview? Thanks!

Unregistered 13-09-2018 03:13 PM

If i got rejected from PT test. Can i reapply for the same position again or i can only apply after 1 year for other positions? I read from this thread, can reapply immediately for other positions after i got rejected from the PT test.

Unregistered 14-09-2018 10:09 AM

Hi, I went for the PT and saw my indicated first choice job position indicated on the attendance list. However on the same day after the PT, I saw that my indicated first choice was removed from the dxo job vacancies listing. Does this mean I may or may not be considered anymore even if I pass the PT? Thanks

Unregistered 15-09-2018 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110062)

that is like damn long waiting time sia

but in between were u offered jobs by other employers

Unregistered 16-09-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110190)
Hi, I went for the PT and saw my indicated first choice job position indicated on the attendance list. However on the same day after the PT, I saw that my indicated first choice was removed from the dxo job vacancies listing. Does this mean I may or may not be considered anymore even if I pass the PT? Thanks

Hi, you also need to understand that there will be multiple candidates for your position. while you may have done well for your PT, you might not be the best. But if you do do well for the PT, you should be called for at least an interview. good luck! try other positions if you want to serve in MINDEF.

Unregistered 17-09-2018 08:29 AM

is it weird that they call me for interview WITHOUT attending the psychometric test first?

not fresh grad, experienced hire here.

Unregistered 17-09-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109883)
I'm also in the midst of applying for a dxo position, so I'll share with you the application process and timeline:

- PT test: Not much to prepare for, testing your logic, reasoning and personality
- After that, 5 weeks later I received a rejection email. Nevertheless, I took the advice of other forum users and re-applied for other dxo positions.
- 2 weeks later, got a phone call to go for an interview
- After the interview they will notify you within 2 weeks whether you are shortlisted to go for site preview, or rejected.

Best of luck to you!

Can meh? I thought the rejection email has this sentence "Your application will be retained in our system for 1 year. We welcome you to re-apply after this period and to consider the available positions at that time."

They say after this period leh...

Unregistered 17-09-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110244)
is it weird that they call me for interview WITHOUT attending the psychometric test first?

not fresh grad, experienced hire here.

you might have applied for a diploma level position. better double check with HR.

Unregistered 21-09-2018 05:59 PM

i got a reply saying i was not successful for the position i applied, but instead they offered two roles and wanted to know my interest
what does that imply? already done PT